Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:03 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Quote:
RF will not willingly Lie. He might get misread but he is honest to a fault.

Bean enters the room with head engaged in bobbling agreement. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:34 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Thank you for addressing this Wayne. I Like the two of you guys very much but I stand by my claim that RF will not willingly Lie. He might get misread but he is honest to a fault. And yes I was upset with the way the thread went on the other forum. I did the right thing last and I do regret that and I think you know that has nothing to do with you, Luna or Josh's point of view. I gave a knee jerk reply and that is my fault. However the fact that a debate did take place was definetly something which was a result of how Luna replied to your post.

The fact you finally did the right thing says a lot. I do not regret the limbs I may have climbed out on occasion in your behalf ....

Quote:
Luna had a lot of excellent observations but she also must realize that she should have kept them to herself and accepted a moment of sorrow from posters who did care and recognize that not all posters do care

I would suspect that she was not thinking that clearly at the time, I suspect you have some animal related situations where you might not have been thinking that clearly either so you can understand.

Quote:
And to be fair you know as well as I that you didn't hand our young friend his ass on a platter. I give you more credit for integrity then that Wayne.

I do think he has been lightened in the posterior. If I had been caught so often as he was I would have known my butt had been handed me. Of course, I would not have made such a claim concerning the fallacy nor tried to cover it in the fashion he did. When Luna corrected my mistake, I accepted that I had been wrong and continued, and that never happened with our youngster when he was caught. To compound it by complaining I had arbitrarily used a definition and by chance found a site that agreed with me could not have been defended. You have used the same references many times yourself so there is nothing that can be said other than a clear case of misrepresentation to cover a misrepresentation. When debating an ARA that has always been called a lie. To do otherwise now would be dishonest.

Quote:
Grace might fall all over that supposition but you and RF can share the bragging rights equally.

I do not care about bragging rights, it was much more important than that to me. If he learned anything about how to deal with people with a little more respect he can claim victory if he wishes because he will have won if he learned that valuable lesson.

Quote:
In fact you would need to have lost your sense of humor to not see that he had som e fun with you to.

My sense of humor was not engaged in this situation. My urge to rip a few people to shreds and my attempts to keep within the rules was all I was dealing with. I will see how long it takes to get my humor back.. :wink:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:13 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Then cool off and reread the thread someday. Advice you would have given me is it not? As a person reading the threads as I was ,I did find some humor but I suspect you will in the future When you have had time to cool off. My Turn to return the favor you have often given me. :wink:

BTW , you do know who Red really is don't you ??. He used to post under a different name on the old board.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:21 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Then cool off and reread the thread someday. Advice you would have given me is it not? As a person reading the threads as I was ,I did find some humor but I suspect you will in the future When you have had time to cool off. My Turn to return the favor you have often given me. :wink:

BTW , you do know who Red really is don't you ??. He used to post under a different name on the old board.

I thought it was him, but was not sure. GAWD I have not posted about him since he was Stevegan ....

:lol:

I will read the thread again later, since it was such good advice from such a sage as myself ....

Ok, my humor is coming back but my jokes still suck for air .... :wink:

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:51 pm 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

I thought it was him, but was not sure. GAWD I have not posted about him since he was Stevegan ....

I will read the thread again later, since it was such good advice from such a sage as myself ....

Ok, my humor is coming back but my jokes still suck for air .... :wink:

Stevegan????? I don't think Red is going to like that. :lol:

The Alaskan Musher might work though. :lol:

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:57 pm 
Quote:
Of course, I would not have made such a claim concerning the fallacy nor tried to cover it in the fashion he did.

But then, you aren't me.

I gave you the point, Wayne. I thought it more fun that way. But since you continue to fume...and indicate there is something important at stake for you....well, I'll be happy to give you example of your ad hominem.

There's going to have to be something in it for me, though.

What ya got to offer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:13 pm 
When Luna corrected my mistake, I accepted that I had been wrong and continued...

Here's how it went. You first said the whale wasn't free because human interaction kept it from leaving. You said it probably WOULD leave if not for human interaction. LSBF said that was irrelevant..whale wouldn't likely leave anyway. You found yourself arguing at cross purpose to LSBF. So you simply went to your fall back position (which I was already anticipating...read the thread and see)...a definition of "not free" so broad as to be fallacious. A definition that would have Luna "not free" even if he DID leave the bay.

Come to think of it...wasn't long after that you started really getting worked up...only to get worked over some more.

So spin it anyway you want. Adopt the role of stern, but fair and wise teacher of the lesser lights here, if you wish. Suits you about as well as being cast as a superhero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:15 pm 
Quote:
My urge to rip a few people to shreds...

I offered you your six feet of ground, Cowboy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:19 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

RF wrote:
Quote:
My urge to rip a few people to shreds...

I offered you your six feet of ground, Cowboy.

and all you got was a shallow grave .... sorry.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein