EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gas prices
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:25 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Has anyone else's price of gas gone up 30 cents over night? When I left for MO on Monday it was (at the Walmart Supercenter near my house) $2.19/gal,in various places in Mo I saw it from 2.09 -2.22/gal. Just now I made a run to the store for some smokes and saw the price was 2.49/gal!!!! Anyone else getting gouged this week?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:50 pm 

I used to grumble about gas prices when I lived in San Diego and was paying $3.00 a gallon.

The gas prices as of this morning in CO. Springs were about $2.31-$2.39 (depending on where you go). Not much of an increase from the $2.21 I paid on Friday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:54 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Gas here is about $2.45 a gallon. Filled up yesterday. First time in about week and a half.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:52 pm 

Gas prices are on the rise here too in S. Fla. At the gas station near my house they have a slot for your credit card and one right next to it for your 401K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:52 pm 

SUV = sport utility victim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:55 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Grace wrote:
Gas prices are on the rise here too in S. Fla. At the gas station near my house they have a slot for your credit card and one right next to it for your 401K.

LMAO!

At one gas station there's a compartment that reads,"Place Firstborn Here"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:59 pm 

Can't take credit for that one Festus...

President Bush spoke with the Amish. He didn't want to, but it was the only group he could find that wasn't upset about the high price of gas.

As you know, the government takes 40 percent of what you make. The other 60 percent, of course, taken by the gas stations.

Oprah tried to give away a car to someone in her studio audience today, and the woman spit in her face.

A spokesman for Chevron Texaco, which made a $13 billion profit last year, says the new company will be called 'Bend Over, America.'"

More here..

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/curr ... prices.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:04 pm 

i dont worry about gas prices.....i remodeled my truck so it runs on good intentions and shit i was gonna do yesterday. my tank's never been fuller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:07 pm 

wijim wrote:
i dont worry about gas prices.....i remodeled my truck so it runs on good intentions and shit i was gonna do yesterday. my tank's never been fuller.

LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:04 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

The gas situation is insanely delicate. On the one hand, I would like to see a tax on gas to help wean the US off its terrible oil and gas habits, but on the other hand, I don't think the lower class could handle a gas tax. In the end I would say yes to it however because it would facilitate the transition from gas to a different resource.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:09 am 

bluedevil wrote:
The gas situation is insanely delicate. On the one hand, I would like to see a tax on gas to help wean the US off its terrible oil and gas habits, but on the other hand, I don't think the lower class could handle a gas tax. In the end I would say yes to it however because it would facilitate the transition from gas to a different resource.

Gasoline tax,eh? So, would this tax be an additional tax on top of the local, state, and federal taxes that already exist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:49 am 

Jimminy crickets, if they keep adding taxes pretty soon we'll be taxed on each breath we take.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:49 pm 
New User
New User

Help boyGeroge W. Kick America's Gas, er, rOILty Habit...

Even with their stock market ratings below junk status, auto makers continue to not get the message that most Americans want our vehicles to be more fuel efficient and our air to be cleaner to breathe and to be supportive of life on the planet Earth...

Progressive green and social activists: Urge the auto industry to make cleaner-air, more fuel efficient vehicles... and conserve...

Most automobiles are at least 25% less efficient then five to ten year old technologies should have given us if the auto industry had lived up to their claims of customer service... perhaps the good thing is that higher gas prices will result in less consumption... Unfortunately, less than cost-optimally efficient vehicles contribute disproportionally to environmental and public health and greenhouse gas problems...

Urge the auto industry to make cleaner air, more fuel efficient and safer vehicles: http://www.autobuyology.org/tellcarmake ... theair.pdf

With the real cost of subsidized gasoline now well above $10 a gallon (http://www.icta.org/press/release.cfm?news_id=12), and with 'average' automobile ownership and operation costs over a lifetime now zoom-zooming past $500,000 (half a million dollars -- you do the math), a few auto related conservation reminders may be helpful: Go carfree (see savings above); go carless; buy smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles and rent up or larger as needed; drive less; ride-share; trip-link or group errands; negotiate a fuel inefficiency retail price reduction for less than cost-optimally fuel-efficient vehicles; urge the auto industry to stop fighting conservative and reasonable fuel efficiency and green-house gas emission standards, and to adopt long-proven, cost-effective fuel efficiency tenchologies for new vehicles; get-SMART and support comprehensive public transportation and auto-alternative programs, for others, if not for oneself; And etc., add your energy conservation choices to this list. Keep it handy, and share it.

For those who cannot avoid buying an automobile, at least you don't have to pay to much... a list of car deal resources to help level the car deal playing field to favor the consumers...
http://www.autobuyology.org/thankyouforteaching.pdf

Rand
Carlessnesshood 101
If there is one thing worse then having to buy an automobile, it's paying to much for one... "1st & 2nd law of thermo-economical-dynamics"
http://www.autobuyology.org