EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:36 am 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Quote:
I missed the point where Sainblooz called anyone a liar.


Sianblooz wrote:
Quote:
He's (Capitalistswine) a liar but is the possibliity of losing a trap a good reason for lying about where they are?


Now you misrepresent the posts or are you just lying to prove it can be done?

The first statement was in reference to the post where you claimed Sainblooz lied on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 pm and the second was from Sainblooz on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 am. Are you trying to tell us that you knew three weeks in advance this was going to happen and you just made a preemptive claim? I think not.


You said you "missed the point where Sianblooz called anyone a liar."

I was correcting your ignorance. Nothing more.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:43 am 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Quote:
We have RF misrepresenting the statement of Sianblooz here:

http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtop ... 5615#35615


Doesn't appear we do.

We have you claiming so, is all.


Ok, where is the quote to support your claim. If you can provide post where Sianblooz called Wijim a "liar" I will apologize for my error, but if you cannot you have been proven wrong yet again .... :wink:

The ball is in your court now.


You have an alternate definition for "liar"? I sorta go by "one who lies". But feel free to tell me yours.


Yes, anyone can tell a lie, but that does not make them a liar .. according to Capitalistswine. Are you saying that he is wrong now?


What does his definition have to do with yours? Try to stay focused.


I AM staying focused, it is called context. His examples were made first and started the thread and that was the basis for the comparisons made. Either his definition is correct or it is not, which is it? Can you answer such a simple question?


I'm addressing your claim that I misrepresented Sianblooz's statement.

Capitalistswine's definition is irrelevant. Relevance would require yours.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:01 am 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Capitalistswine wrote:
A Darwin Award by no means states that a person is stupid but "honors" the person for improving the gene pool by removing themselves from it in really stupid ways. We have all done really stupid actions, doesn't make anybody stupid.
Secondly, I never stated that trappers hide their traps so people cannot find them except by accidently tripping over them. Sianblooz, I challenge you to quote where I stated what you accused me of writing.


This logic would translate to lies in this fashion:

"We have all told a lie, doesn't make anybody a liar."

Is this correct? If so the point made about RF's misrepresentation was valid. If it is not, Capitalistswine's original complaint was baseless and there was a double standard in the allowance of such a statement to go unchallenged.


So Capitalistswine didn't actually say "Anyone can tell a lie, that does not make them a liar"?

Now...Capitalistswine might believe that or he might not...but it can't be logically inferred from what you quote him as saying. It simply doesn't follow. A "stupid action" is a subjective term, and the quality of "stupid" is often discovered in hindsight. A "lie" is deliberate untruth, verifiable as such and known to be untruth at the time of commission.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:31 am 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Posts: 500
Yes, Capitalistswine lied when he said I would 'find and steal traps'.
I think it was Donnie who said something in the same vein.

Does that mean that either or both of them are "liars"?
I don't know.

Would it make them happy if I said their accusation that I would steal a trap is "incorrect" or "mistaken"?
Probably not.

RF
Quote:
What I think is funny though, is the reference to "lying about where they are." Where did that come from?


It came from CapSwine's post.

"Sickos"
That's my opinion.
I don't owe anyone an explanation or an apology for having and stating my opinion.
I did not call any individual a "sicko" but if the shoe fits -

Donnie
Quote:
What Sianblooz isn't telling folks on this board is that the cat had been mortaly injured and Wiijim hit it hard with a shovel to finish it off quickly.


This is a new wrinkle in this ever-changing story. Last I read, wijim said the kitten was "sick". Now, the story is the kitten was "injured".

Well, okay.

Donnie
Quote:
call Wiijim a lying piece of dog poo and insinuate he was cruel for killing the cat in fron t of his child.


You're "mistaken" Donnnie.
I did not "insinuate" he is cruel for beating his child's kitten to death in front of the child.
I stated very clearly that in my opinion he is cruel for beating his child's kitten to death in front of the child.
To repeat from above,
That's my opinion.
I don't owe anyone an explanation or an apology for having and stating my opinion.


Donnie
Quote:
Sianblooz is the one that brought up the point about lying from the quotes of another forum.


No Donnie. I did not bring up "the point about lying from the quotes of another forum". I'm not even sure what that sentence is supposed to mean.

Donnie
Quote:
Sianblooz is playing the game about lying and bringing in a topic from another board which you couldn't possibly know about. Having said that , that doesn't change the fact that Sianblooz called WIIjim a liar and accused him of spreading lies by selectively using something from the other board that is b eing misrepresented by her here.


Once again, you are "mistaken". Wayne's not the only one who "could not possibly know about" this phantom board. Why don't you post the link to the board where I'm posting this stuff or where you're gettng my "lies". I do not post at any other board where wijim, Capswine or you post. If you're are going to say I do, then POST THE DAMN LINK AND STOP PLAYING THESE STUPID CHILDISH GAMES.

Grace
Quote:
The cat wasn't "mortally injured".

Thanks Grace. That's not what I remembered either but this story - I wouldn't say anyone has LIED about the cat but the story does seem to change every time its retold.

Grace
Quote:
If a cat was suffering from some unknown disease, which wijim's vet diagnosed (over the phone no less ) was probably distemper, I wouldn't say it was mortally injured. If a cat got its head run over by a car & was still alive, then I'd say it was mortally injured.


Grace, you're making too much sense.
Knock it off. ;)
The way wijim told it, he didn't consult a vet. If he wants to change his story now, I guess that's his prerogative.


Wayne -
Quote:
Now you misrepresent the posts or are you just lying to prove it can be done?

The first statement was in reference to the post where you claimed Sainblooz lied on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 pm and the second was from Sainblooz on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 am. Are you trying to tell us that you knew three weeks in advance this was going to happen and you just made a preemptive claim? I think not.


I can't keep up with all the "mistakes". Apparently neither can some of the people who claim to know a lot more about this than I do.

RF, you are a truly talented person. If not talented, you're for sure the first person I've ever known who had the ability to speak in tongues.

But, I think you've met your match in Wayne because he's got logic on his side.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:05 am 
Quote:
RF Quote:
What I think is funny though, is the reference to "lying about where they are." Where did that come from?


It came from CapSwine's post.


Shouldn't be so terribly hard for you to reference that post and explain, then.

Because I couldn't find anything he said that could be construed as his advocating lying about the location of traps.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:07 am 
Quote:
RF, you are a truly talented person. If not talented, you're for sure the first person I've ever known who had the ability to speak in tongues.

But, I think you've met your match in Wayne because he's got logic on his side.


Maybe you can explain his logic then, since you understand it.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:10 am 
Quote:
I wouldn't say anyone has LIED about the cat...


Changed your mind? Because that WAS your contention.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:16 am 
Quote:
Quote:
Sianblooz is playing the game about lying and bringing in a topic from another board which you couldn't possibly know about. Having said that , that doesn't change the fact that Sianblooz called WIIjim a liar and accused him of spreading lies by selectively using something from the other board that is b eing misrepresented by her here.


Once again, you are "mistaken". Wayne's not the only one who "could not possibly know about" this phantom board. Why don't you post the link to the board where I'm posting this stuff or where you're gettng my "lies". I do not post at any other board where wijim, Capswine or you post. If you're are going to say I do, then POST THE DAMN LINK AND STOP PLAYING THESE STUPID CHILDISH GAMES.


Did he say you were posting something at another board? There isn't anything in what you quote of him that indicates that.

It really looks like you're just getting all irate over something you're pretending he said.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:18 am 
BTW "Sianblooz".....do the scare quotes around "mistakes" and "mistaken" indicate your disagreement with the term?

Why don't you just keep screeching the term you really like?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:22 am 
Quote:
Grace, you're making too much sense.
Knock it off.
The way wijim told it, he didn't consult a vet. If he wants to change his story now, I guess that's his prerogative.


Really? I don't recall him saying that he didn't consult a vet. That's something else you can reference. 'Cause apparently that virtual embodiment of sense and wisdom...Grace...even recalls it differently.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:28 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
To clarify, wijim said he spoke to his vet after the euthanasia by shovel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:48 am 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Posts: 500
Grace wrote:
To clarify, wijim said he spoke to his vet after the euthanasia by shovel.


AFTER?
That vet must have graduated at the top of his class to be able to diagnose "mortal injury" in a kitten who was beaten to death.
Did the vet make this astute judgment of the kitten's condition over the phone? Or did wijim take the dead kitten to his office? Maybe the vet makes house calls in these extreme situations?
In any event, I'm so happy to hear that wijim did all he could do for his child's pet. :roll:

Euthanasia By Shovel

This would be a lot funnier if it wasn't so horrible.

Thanks for the clarification Grace. I don't live on this board the way RF seems to so I'm sure there's a lot I've missed. I'm not worried though because something tells me one of these guys will soon be starting a new thread to explain things to me.

(I'll try to remember to use italics instead of quotes so as not to "scare" RF. )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:54 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20603
Location: Southeastern US
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Quote:
I missed the point where Sainblooz called anyone a liar.


Sianblooz wrote:
Quote:
He's (Capitalistswine) a liar but is the possibliity of losing a trap a good reason for lying about where they are?


Now you misrepresent the posts or are you just lying to prove it can be done?

The first statement was in reference to the post where you claimed Sainblooz lied on Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:18 pm and the second was from Sainblooz on Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:32 am. Are you trying to tell us that you knew three weeks in advance this was going to happen and you just made a preemptive claim? I think not.


You said you "missed the point where Sianblooz called anyone a liar."

I was correcting your ignorance. Nothing more.


You have problems with temporal relationships?

Actually the only ignorance could be that you do of context, but I do not believe it is accidental. You seem to be willfully misrepresenting on a regular basis. Some would call that being a liar as it involves multiple instances and can be supported.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:58 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 2453
Location: The only hole built above ground
Quote:
Actually the only ignorance could be that you do of context, but I do not believe it is accidental. You seem to be willfully misrepresenting on a regular basis. Some would call that being a liar as it involves multiple instances and can be supported.


ROFL! Why are you talking about barb, er XXXXXXXXX, I mean Sianblooz in a post directed towards RF?

BTW Sianblooz, you so funny!!


Admin Note I edited this post to remove the intentional abuse of a screen name as has been addressed before


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:59 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20603
Location: Southeastern US
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Quote:
We have RF misrepresenting the statement of Sianblooz here:

http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtop ... 5615#35615


Doesn't appear we do.

We have you claiming so, is all.


Ok, where is the quote to support your claim. If you can provide post where Sianblooz called Wijim a "liar" I will apologize for my error, but if you cannot you have been proven wrong yet again .... :wink:

The ball is in your court now.


You have an alternate definition for "liar"? I sorta go by "one who lies". But feel free to tell me yours.


Yes, anyone can tell a lie, but that does not make them a liar .. according to Capitalistswine. Are you saying that he is wrong now?


What does his definition have to do with yours? Try to stay focused.


I AM staying focused, it is called context. His examples were made first and started the thread and that was the basis for the comparisons made. Either his definition is correct or it is not, which is it? Can you answer such a simple question?


I'm addressing your claim that I misrepresented Sianblooz's statement.

Capitalistswine's definition is irrelevant. Relevance would require yours.


I clearly indicated the use of the same standard as Capitalstswine in this thread. If you cannot comprehend context you should get more education before you continue. If you understand context and are willfully misrepresenting what people say, you have no credibility and thus no reason to waste anyone's time responding to your posts. Which is it?

I do not expect an answer as you have avoided the simple questions presented to you and without being chastised by the other posters. I assume that is again part of the double standard you all seem to employ.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot] and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group