EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:49 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Origam wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
[It may get old, but that does not make it any less true. If you look back over this thread you will see the support structure consists of a group with that one point in common. Even families have disagreements but there seems to be a exceptional level of support even when there has to be a level of willful blindness.

I don't have the time or patience to go back through this whole thread.. it reminds me of the song that never ends and it goes on and on my friend.

I find it amusing that people who hav been smacked down, put down, thrown to the wolves, beat up verbally, kicked while they were down, etc. (Amy comes to mind when she first joined FMB) are now a part of the family (that just conjures up images of Manson.. and look, I gave ya'll an opening to compare RF, Festus, Jim, and Donnie to Charlie..). She didn't turn tail and run like other people seem to do.. wonder why that is? Oh yeah.. maybe because she sees us for what we really are.. people who like to talk, debate, and get to know each other?

One person out of how many? That type of approach is well and good for FMB, but it is clear the FMB "support group" is going to do just that at all costs. It does become a problem when that group attack starts happening here. This is not FMB and I am sure it will not be converted to that type of forum.

Quote:
Yup, families has disagreements (Who's your daddy?) and such.. but it says a lot for a group that has managed to stay friendly even when things get nasty.

Yes, and it shows when they deal with those outside of the "family" which is the problem being illustrated with the double standard.

Quote:
I think it's kind of funny that people have to bring all of FMB into arguements they have with a few people from the board.. like we're all some toga wearing (don't get any ideas), idol worshipping, lovefest throwing, bow down and obey the commands of our "Gods" group just because some of us agree on the same things.

How many are there that post regularly on both this board and FMB? How many have posted on this thread in an attempt to support the double standard as being acceptable or to just support one poster or the other? Now what percentage of the total is that? It approaches closer to 100% than 50% does it not?

Quote:
I guess the fact that a lot of the folk from FMB have had run in's with Barb in the past doesn't make their participation in this thread relevant? It actually kind of reminds me of Jr. High days when one kid said something and most of the class agreed with him and two or three people didn't and they pitched a big fit and tried to talk over everyone to get their point across even though the one kid was right.

It does remind me of Jr. High but where the kids all tried to gang up on any kids that were not in their clique. It was not right then and it is still not correct now.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:50 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
And not coincidentally...perhaps they agree it is reasonable to hold that Sianblooz was attempting to represent Wijim as a liar.

If that was the case they would also reasonably hold Capitalistswines statement as not being misrepresented at the same time. The support for one and the attack of the other would have been the point if anyone were actually reading the posts.

I believe it's possible he wasn't being intentionally misrepresented...but I also believe him when he says he was being misrepresented.

Is that too much for you to wrap your mind around?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:52 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

RF wrote:
It's very simple...

Did I misrepresent Sianblooz, Wayne?

Come on...be a man and answer for yourself.

According to the criteria in Capitalistswine's post, yes you did. In my personal opinion, no and neither was Capitalistswine's post misrepresented, but that was not the point was it? :wink:

Now how about you starting with that huge backlog of questions you have hanging?

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:57 pm 
Quote:
It does remind me of Jr. High but where the kids all tried to gang up on any kids that were not in their clique. It was not right then and it is still not correct now.

It's okay to let it go Wayne...it happened a long time ago, and likely nobody even remembers the time you were forced to don your underwear on your head and run around the gym yelling, "I'm Spiderman! I'm Spiderman!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:03 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

RF wrote:
...the time you were forced to don your underwear on your head and run around the gym yelling, "I'm Spiderman! I'm Spiderman!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:20 pm 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
It's very simple...

According to the criteria in Capitalistswine's post, yes you did. In my personal opinion, no and neither was Capitalistswine's post misrepresented, but that was not the point was it? :wink:

Now how about you starting with that huge backlog of questions you have hanging?

Well I DO thank you for that.

The criteria you say exists in Festus's post is the use of an adjective with several different meanings...and even shades within shades in definition. What someone might consider a stupid act, doesn't necessarily relate to what one considers as a stupid person. Sorry...but that's the consequence of such a highly subjective term. Festus has no obligation to consider that a person is defined as stupid by a stupid act, and we are being presumptious if we think he must.

Someone might consider an act is stupid, ie. marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting, while holding the position that a stupid PERSON is defined by slow of mind. So someone quite intelligent...seemingly the antithesis of stupid...could in fact commit a stupid act. In other words, a stupid person COULD be defined as acting in an unintelligent or careless manner ...but it isn't writ in stone that it MUST be so.

Still, like I said, I don't think Sianblooz intentionally misrepresented Festus in that instance. Yet, he says he was misrepresented, and I have no reason to doubt him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:23 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
One person out of how many? That type of approach is well and good for FMB, but it is clear the FMB "support group" is going to do just that at all costs. It does become a problem when that group attack starts happening here. This is not FMB and I am sure it will not be converted to that type of forum.

Yes, and it shows when they deal with those outside of the "family" which is the problem being illustrated with the double standard.

How many are there that post regularly on both this board and FMB? How many have posted on this thread in an attempt to support the double standard as being acceptable or to just support one poster or the other? Now what percentage of the total is that? It approaches closer to 100% than 50% does it not?

Jiminy Christmas.. I hope you don't mind that I didn't split your quotes.. I'm just lazy like that.

So you're saying this board isn't around for making friends or meeting people with the same interests?

The FMB family (can I be Squeaky?) does support each other.. so what? At all costs? Hardly. Last time I checked this was a board for posting right? If RF, Jim, Donnie, Amy, and Bean agree with Festus why shouldn't they post? So if I agree with Grace on something I should just not post because Grace posts on FMB and it may be seen as some sort of cliqueish thing? Why does FMB even come up at all.. aren't the people involved in this debate on this board? Who cares if they are on another board..I mean really what does FMB have to do with it other than they post at FMB and are friends because they met on FMB?

I think it's kind of silly how people seem to hold FMB to this standard they don't hold other boards to. Maybe thats a good tihng, who knows.. but if a bunch of people from Envirolink went and posted at FMB we wouldn't be complaining about the Enviro "gang".

As for this double standard thing.. pot kettle black is all I have to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:57 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Origam wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

Jiminy Christmas.. I hope you don't mind that I didn't split your quotes.. I'm just lazy like that.

So you're saying this board isn't around for making friends or meeting people with the same interests?

The FMB family (can I be Squeaky?) does support each other.. so what? At all costs? Hardly. Last time I checked this was a board for posting right? If RF, Jim, Donnie, Amy, and Bean agree with Festus why shouldn't they post? So if I agree with Grace on something I should just not post because Grace posts on FMB and it may be seen as some sort of cliqueish thing? Why does FMB even come up at all.. aren't the people involved in this debate on this board? Who cares if they are on another board..I mean really what does FMB have to do with it other than they post at FMB and are friends because they met on FMB?

I think it's kind of silly how people seem to hold FMB to this standard they don't hold other boards to. Maybe thats a good tihng, who knows.. but if a bunch of people from Envirolink went and posted at FMB we wouldn't be complaining about the Enviro "gang".

Yeh...that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:00 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
It's very simple...

Well I DO thank you for that.

The criteria you say exists in Festus's post is the use of an adjective with several different meanings...and even shades within shades in definition. What someone might consider a stupid act, doesn't necessarily relate to what one considers as a stupid person. Sorry...but that's the consequence of such a highly subjective term. Festus has no obligation to consider that a person is defined as stupid by a stupid act, and we are being presumptious if we think he must.

Someone might consider an act is stupid, ie. marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting, while holding the position that a stupid PERSON is defined by slow of mind. So someone quite intelligent...seemingly the antithesis of stupid...could in fact commit a stupid act. In other words, a stupid person COULD be defined as acting in an unintelligent or careless manner ...but it isn't writ in stone that it MUST be so.

Unless you believe that CHANGING a definition in mid-sentence is rational or even common with anyone other than yourself you have just proved nothing. I am sure you want to believe that, but we are dealing with the real world where the English language has rules to allow communication and not you world where nothing is ever to me made clear because you get tripped up with the truth.

Quote:
Still, like I said, I don't think Sianblooz intentionally misrepresented Festus in that instance. Yet, he says he was misrepresented, and I have no reason to doubt him.

That is the underlying point really, it is not and never has been about what was written it was about supporting the person over anything else, even the truth. You can try to deny it all you wish but it is here for everyone to see.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:12 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Origam wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

No, but when a group comes along that has established those connections and supports those connections over everything else, it does create a problem for the other posters who wish to have that chance and are denied it because they are "gang beaten" as soon as they disagree with one of the group.

Quote:

No one cares they post on other boards, but it is the effect of their connection and it is a support at any cost even to the point of being dishonest, that creates the problem. The cliquish thing is mentioned because that is exactly what anyone sees when they start posting. They are automatically set upon by a barrage of posts by one or more of this group and if there is a response there will be more of the group following to help.

Quote:

What standard do we hold this group different from anyone else? I do not see a rush of posters from this board to FMB, because there is no appeal for most people. That core group is coming here for a reason and that reason is because that board is much much slower.

Quote:

It would help if you gave some support for your contention, but that is generally requested of everyone, is it not? :wink:

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:21 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Can anyone tell me why the second most popular forum on FMB, post wise is the "Topics form other Boards" where topics from here are discussed between yourselves so you can show your support and brag about what you think you have done? It seems that without such a influx of material that board would have an even harder time holding interest, IMO.

I find it comical that there is such a need to discuss this board there and in such depth when there must be other more interesting topics that could be discussed with the new posters. Oh that is right, they rarely stay past the first encounter so you have to go out and drag posting material back into the forum.

That reminds me of the current administrations stance on the environment for some reason .... just plain dumb.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:47 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Can anyone tell me why the second most popular forum on FMB, post wise is the "Topics form other Boards" where topics from here are discussed between yourselves so you can show your support and brag about what you think you have done? It seems that without such a influx of material that board would have an even harder time holding interest, IMO.

I find it comical that there is such a need to discuss this board there and in such depth when there must be other more interesting topics that could be discussed with the new posters. Oh that is right, they rarely stay past the first encounter so you have to go out and drag posting material back into the forum.

That reminds me of the current administrations stance on the environment for some reason .... just plain dumb.

I have no problem telling you Wayne. It was because certain moderators on other boards such as Barb/Sianblooz would delete posts on her board which proved she was caught in another lie and she would delete whole threads to cover her ass. It was also a very good method on keeping track of double standards applied by such a moderation.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:09 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
I have no problem telling you Wayne. It was because certain moderators on other boards such as Barb/Sianblooz would delete posts on her board which proved she was caught in another lie and she would delete whole threads to cover her ass. It was also a very good method on keeping track of double standards applied by such a moderation.

You guys don't get it, do you? You have completely elevated this Barb person to a superhero status. She has the power to get all of you worked up in such a frenzy just by showing her face or even just the hint of her being on a board. She must really enjoy the power of you that you have given her. So you think she lies, is dishonest, has somehow wronged you in the past... so what?? Why wouldn't you just ignore her?

Instead, you have set up a cathedral to her at FMB and go on crusades against her anywhere she pops up online. That's a whole lot of effort for someone you don't really like.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:36 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

josh knauer wrote:
You guys don't get it, do you? You have completely elevated this Barb person to a superhero status.
-josh

Kind of like how some have elevated FMB to a similar status, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:43 am 

josh knauer wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

You guys don't get it, do you? You have completely elevated this Barb person to a superhero status. She has the power to get all of you worked up in such a frenzy just by showing her face or even just the hint of her being on a board. She must really enjoy the power of you that you have given her. So you think she lies, is dishonest, has somehow wronged you in the past... so what?? Why wouldn't you just ignore her?

Instead, you have set up a cathedral to her at FMB and go on crusades against her anywhere she pops up online. That's a whole lot of effort for someone you don't really like.

-josh

More like "Super Villian". This is the same barb who sent personal information about RF to a very radical ARA who was prone to violence. SUper barb had the wrong personal information though. Dumbass!

The same barb that hinted, or more appropriately threatened, to contact a poster's place of employment and let them know how much time he was spending on line while at work. She used a tracer route to determine where he was posting from and from that learned where he worked due to the domain name.

The same barb that would troll boards pretending to be hunters and how they now saw the light and how deplorable hunting really was.

Yeah, her name gets some people worked up all right.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next