EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:04 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20469
Location: Southeastern US
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Capitalistswine wrote:
A Darwin Award by no means states that a person is stupid but "honors" the person for improving the gene pool by removing themselves from it in really stupid ways. We have all done really stupid actions, doesn't make anybody stupid.
Secondly, I never stated that trappers hide their traps so people cannot find them except by accidently tripping over them. Sianblooz, I challenge you to quote where I stated what you accused me of writing.


This logic would translate to lies in this fashion:

"We have all told a lie, doesn't make anybody a liar."

Is this correct? If so the point made about RF's misrepresentation was valid. If it is not, Capitalistswine's original complaint was baseless and there was a double standard in the allowance of such a statement to go unchallenged.


So Capitalistswine didn't actually say "Anyone can tell a lie, that does not make them a liar"?

Now...Capitalistswine might believe that or he might not...but it can't be logically inferred from what you quote him as saying. It simply doesn't follow. A "stupid action" is a subjective term, and the quality of "stupid" is often discovered in hindsight. A "lie" is deliberate untruth, verifiable as such and known to be untruth at the time of commission.


Is there a remedial education class available for you? The definition of the action is in no way related to the discussion. The connection is between being labeled by a single incident (you even noted Liar was defined as telling lieS as in the plural) or even a small number of incidents. I can understand you not being able to understand such "complex" thoughts as well as I can see this being labeled an attempt to lie your way out of a corner. Since you cannot or will not answer a simple question but try to misrepresent the statements out of context it is up to the posters themselves to judge your actions ... and those of the others who generally are commenting on cases of misrepresentation.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:11 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20469
Location: Southeastern US
RF wrote:
Quote:
RF Quote:
What I think is funny though, is the reference to "lying about where they are." Where did that come from?


It came from CapSwine's post.


Shouldn't be so terribly hard for you to reference that post and explain, then.

Because I couldn't find anything he said that could be construed as his advocating lying about the location of traps.


Maybe if we type V E R Y V E R Y S L O W L Y you will understand the connection is within the logic and not the exact statement. I notice the attempts to use the "no exact quote" in a defense when trying to change the position people have taken, that is dangerous because it can be used in reverse, as well.

In any case if you read the thread IN CONTEXT you will either understand the meanings, you will know you have misrepresented the situation, or you will know you need to get that remedial help. Only you will know which is correct, but the rest of us can make our own interpretations.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:19 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20469
Location: Southeastern US
RF wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sianblooz is playing the game about lying and bringing in a topic from another board which you couldn't possibly know about. Having said that , that doesn't change the fact that Sianblooz called WIIjim a liar and accused him of spreading lies by selectively using something from the other board that is b eing misrepresented by her here.


Once again, you are "mistaken". Wayne's not the only one who "could not possibly know about" this phantom board. Why don't you post the link to the board where I'm posting this stuff or where you're gettng my "lies". I do not post at any other board where wijim, Capswine or you post. If you're are going to say I do, then POST THE DAMN LINK AND STOP PLAYING THESE STUPID CHILDISH GAMES.


Did he say you were posting something at another board? There isn't anything in what you quote of him that indicates that.

It really looks like you're just getting all irate over something you're pretending he said.


You really do have a problem with the whole temporal/context thing don't you? The post quoted does not stand alone in a vacuum as much as you would like to make that false representation. If you looked at the earlier part of the thread you would see this was posted as well.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:03 pm

[quote="Donnie Mac Leod] I think Wayne missed the dog poo was who Sianblooz was appologizing to and that the whole story is Sianblooz was calling Wiijim a liar while making out it was an apology. Wiijim told of beating his cat to death in front of his child. What Sianblooz isn't telling folks on this board is that the cat had been mortaly injured and Wiijim hit it hard with a shovel to finish it off quickly. We know this from another board but Wayne doesn't know the whole story. Knowing the full story and Sianblooz we know that the intent was to call Wiijim a lying piece of dog poo and insinuate he was cruel for killing the cat in fron t of his child. .[/quote]

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:26 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20469
Location: Southeastern US
SiberD wrote:
Quote:
Actually the only ignorance could be that you do of context, but I do not believe it is accidental. You seem to be willfully misrepresenting on a regular basis. Some would call that being a liar as it involves multiple instances and can be supported.


ROFL! Why are you talking about barb, er XXXXXXX, I mean Sianblooz in a post directed towards RF?

BTW Sianblooz, you so funny!!


I am not. I am talking about RF and now YOUR double standard in the presentation or lack thereof in what was presented in the posts of others.

How DO you justify using such a double standard when complaining about the same thing in others? That seems so dishonest to me, but I do not have the "special" moral code some of you seem to have.

I will not hold my breath waiting for an answer from either you or RF on the matter, I know how hard it is to discuss with someone who will not allow the misrepresentations to build the Strawman Fallacies that seem to be so popular,

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:28 am 
Quote:
I clearly indicated the use of the same standard as Capitalstswine in this thread.


Nah....clearly indicating that would entail saying something like, "By the standard Capitalistswine appears to be using, RF misrespresented Sianblooz's statement here."

But instead, you said, "We have RF misrepresenting the statement of Sianblooz here:"

To me, that looks like an assertion of fact. Now, you might think everything that pops into your head is a fact....but some it might just be dying brain cells shitting themselves in final spasm.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:29 am 
Quote:
...I know how hard it is to discuss with someone who will not allow the misrepresentations to build the Strawman Fallacies that seem to be so popular,


Really Mr Clarity.....hell is some gibberish like that supposed to mean?


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:36 am 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sianblooz is playing the game about lying and bringing in a topic from another board which you couldn't possibly know about. Having said that , that doesn't change the fact that Sianblooz called WIIjim a liar and accused him of spreading lies by selectively using something from the other board that is b eing misrepresented by her here.


Once again, you are "mistaken". Wayne's not the only one who "could not possibly know about" this phantom board. Why don't you post the link to the board where I'm posting this stuff or where you're gettng my "lies". I do not post at any other board where wijim, Capswine or you post. If you're are going to say I do, then POST THE DAMN LINK AND STOP PLAYING THESE STUPID CHILDISH GAMES.


Did he say you were posting something at another board? There isn't anything in what you quote of him that indicates that.

It really looks like you're just getting all irate over something you're pretending he said.


You really do have a problem with the whole temporal/context thing don't you? The post quoted does not stand alone in a vacuum as much as you would like to make that false representation. If you looked at the earlier part of the thread you would see this was posted as well.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:03 pm

[quote="Donnie Mac Leod] I think Wayne missed the dog poo was who Sianblooz was appologizing to and that the whole story is Sianblooz was calling Wiijim a liar while making out it was an apology. Wiijim told of beating his cat to death in front of his child. What Sianblooz isn't telling folks on this board is that the cat had been mortaly injured and Wiijim hit it hard with a shovel to finish it off quickly. We know this from another board but Wayne doesn't know the whole story. Knowing the full story and Sianblooz we know that the intent was to call Wiijim a lying piece of dog poo and insinuate he was cruel for killing the cat in fron t of his child. .
[/quote]

Heh....no, but you seem to have difficulty catching a real subtle shift in context when it suits you.

Donnie didn't say Sianblooz was posting on this "phantom board" Sianblooz alludes to. Yet Sianblooz shifted context to that as if refuting it actually addressed Donnie's argument. Tell that often enough, and pretty soon the context shifter hopes it can just be accepted as fact. It could even become something like, "Imaginary conversations Donnie had with me on some imaginary board."


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:41 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20469
Location: Southeastern US
RF wrote:
Quote:
I clearly indicated the use of the same standard as Capitalstswine in this thread.


Nah....clearly indicating that would entail saying something like, "By the standard Capitalistswine appears to be using, RF misrespresented Sianblooz's statement here."

But instead, you said, "We have RF misrepresenting the statement of Sianblooz here:"

To me, that looks like an assertion of fact. Now, you might think everything that pops into your head is a fact....but some it might just be dying brain cells shitting themselves in final spasm.


I understand YOUR lack of comprehension unless someone makes an exact statement, but the rest of the world generally understands the concept of context and within the context of the posts it was clearly indicated. I am not an expert on dying brain cells as you seem to be, I suppose you have killed enough of your own to gain that expert status?

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:46 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20469
Location: Southeastern US
RF wrote:
Quote:
...I know how hard it is to discuss with someone who will not allow the misrepresentations to build the Strawman Fallacies that seem to be so popular,


Really Mr Clarity.....hell is some gibberish like that supposed to mean?


Sorry, I will clarify it for you. You and others misrepresent the statements of others in order to create the basis for a Strawman Fallacy as you general discussion manner. I do not allow the misrepresentation to remain and point out the fallacy thereby trashing the apparently preferred style and forcing a change in style. Did I use too many "big" words? Was the message too complex? Please let me know and I will try to "dumb down" my statements accordingly.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:48 am 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Posts: 500
RF
Quote:
Donnie didn't say Sianblooz was posting on this "phantom board" Sianblooz alludes to. Yet Sianblooz shifted context to that as if refuting it actually addressed Donnie's argument. Tell that often enough, and pretty soon the context shifter hopes it can just be accepted as fact. It could even become something like, "Imaginary conversations Donnie had with me on some imaginary board."


I did not allude to a phantom board. I stated it, without equivocation. My comments to Donnie's previous post. As to the imaginary conversations, talk to Donnie because he's the one who seems to think they took place.

RF, I suspect the board in question is Frankie's Mixed Bag. I was sent the link to that board a short time back. While I've registered there, I have not posted or read much. The board looks like the clubhouse where some of these people go to glad hand and back slap their imaginary victories. Not very interesting and very childish. IMHO.

If Donnie would like to post a link to whatever the hell he's talking about, I think this misunderstanding could be cleared up.

Donnie??


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:50 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20469
Location: Southeastern US
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sianblooz is playing the game about lying and bringing in a topic from another board which you couldn't possibly know about. Having said that , that doesn't change the fact that Sianblooz called WIIjim a liar and accused him of spreading lies by selectively using something from the other board that is b eing misrepresented by her here.


Once again, you are "mistaken". Wayne's not the only one who "could not possibly know about" this phantom board. Why don't you post the link to the board where I'm posting this stuff or where you're gettng my "lies". I do not post at any other board where wijim, Capswine or you post. If you're are going to say I do, then POST THE DAMN LINK AND STOP PLAYING THESE STUPID CHILDISH GAMES.


Did he say you were posting something at another board? There isn't anything in what you quote of him that indicates that.

It really looks like you're just getting all irate over something you're pretending he said.


You really do have a problem with the whole temporal/context thing don't you? The post quoted does not stand alone in a vacuum as much as you would like to make that false representation. If you looked at the earlier part of the thread you would see this was posted as well.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:03 pm

[quote="Donnie Mac Leod] I think Wayne missed the dog poo was who Sianblooz was appologizing to and that the whole story is Sianblooz was calling Wiijim a liar while making out it was an apology. Wiijim told of beating his cat to death in front of his child. What Sianblooz isn't telling folks on this board is that the cat had been mortaly injured and Wiijim hit it hard with a shovel to finish it off quickly. We know this from another board but Wayne doesn't know the whole story. Knowing the full story and Sianblooz we know that the intent was to call Wiijim a lying piece of dog poo and insinuate he was cruel for killing the cat in fron t of his child. .


Heh....no, but you seem to have difficulty catching a real subtle shift in context when it suits you.

Donnie didn't say Sianblooz was posting on this "phantom board" Sianblooz alludes to. Yet Sianblooz shifted context to that as if refuting it actually addressed Donnie's argument. Tell that often enough, and pretty soon the context shifter hopes it can just be accepted as fact. It could even become something like, "Imaginary conversations Donnie had with me on some imaginary board."[/quote]

The reference is to another unnamed board or boards .... which can easily be called a "phantom board" by myself or others as we have no other point of reference for it. NOW you claim to understand context when it suits you? You know the continued willful misrepresentation is generally called lies and you seem to be proving to us that you are lying on a regular basis. That is really a blow to ones credibility on such a board too. You might want to look into that before it really gets out of hand. :wink:

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:56 am 
Quote:
Is there a remedial education class available for you? The definition of the action is in no way related to the discussion.


When you claim two actions are alike, definition is irrelevant? You must be high.

Quote:
The connection is between being labeled by a single incident (you even noted Liar was defined as telling lieS as in the plural) or even a small number of incidents.


"Or" a small number of incidents? Well...seems to me that would be plural.

And no...I didn't define liar as "telling lies (as in the plural)". I said "one who lies." I asked for your definition at that point. You didn't seem to have one...but were intent on arguing about it anyway.

Quote:
I can understand you not being able to understand such "complex" thoughts as well as I can see this being labeled an attempt to lie your way out of a corner.


Haha! Anyone who wants to label me such, can stand right up. They might even have a shot at getting the job done...if they can show the lie (or lies) without descending into vague insinutation, reference to assumed standards of others, and unsupported argument laughably called "logic".

Ever see the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Wayne?

"So log-i-cally..this means..."

It's YOU, brother! You coulda been a star! :lol:


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:58 am 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Quote:
...I know how hard it is to discuss with someone who will not allow the misrepresentations to build the Strawman Fallacies that seem to be so popular,


Really Mr Clarity.....hell is some gibberish like that supposed to mean?


Sorry, I will clarify it for you. You and others misrepresent the statements of others in order to create the basis for a Strawman Fallacy as you general discussion manner. I do not allow the misrepresentation to remain and point out the fallacy thereby trashing the apparently preferred style and forcing a change in style. Did I use too many "big" words? Was the message too complex? Please let me know and I will try to "dumb down" my statements accordingly.


All that would be fine, if you actually supported your claims. You haven't. You seem to think your naked assertion is authoritive. It ain't.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:01 pm 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Quote:
I clearly indicated the use of the same standard as Capitalstswine in this thread.


Nah....clearly indicating that would entail saying something like, "By the standard Capitalistswine appears to be using, RF misrespresented Sianblooz's statement here."

But instead, you said, "We have RF misrepresenting the statement of Sianblooz here:"

To me, that looks like an assertion of fact. Now, you might think everything that pops into your head is a fact....but some it might just be dying brain cells shitting themselves in final spasm.


I understand YOUR lack of comprehension unless someone makes an exact statement, but the rest of the world generally understands the concept of context and within the context of the posts it was clearly indicated. I am not an expert on dying brain cells as you seem to be, I suppose you have killed enough of your own to gain that expert status?


You haven't explained the context you claim is there, and which would indicate that someone's exact words mean something other than what they wrote. You just keep pointing and babbling that things are clearly indicated. But you don't have the authority to do that...nor the credibility.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:04 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Posts: 500
Donnie
Quote:
What Sianblooz isn't telling folks on this board is that the cat had been mortaly injured and Wiijim hit it hard with a shovel to finish it off quickly. We know this from another board but Wayne doesn't know the whole story.


Who is WE Donnie?

While you're posting links, I'd like to see where wijim posted the kitten was mortally injured. I'm not saying he did not say that but its not what I remember him writing here.

Thanks Donnie.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 417 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group