EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:09 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Grace wrote:
Archer wrote:
sianblooz wrote:
Are you saying that watching your father beat your kitten to death without batting an eye means you're being raised to be a "man" ? a "woman"?

It doesn't matter what age she is. If she is old enough to have a kitten, then she is old enough to see it die. That's all a part of the responsibilities. I don't expect her not to react, but if she wants the cat, she needs to be prepared for things like that.

I don't believe that's the rule. I think it's up to the child to decide and yes it depends on the child's age and/or maturity. Wijim's daughter apparently was old enough to decide for herself. Whether she wishes to witness such an incident again only she can answer. I still can't watch an animal die - whether it's on TV or real life. When we had to euthanize our 14 year old cat due to cancer, I stayed with him right before the needle, and had to walk out of the room and leave my husband with him. I was afraid he might fight the drug and I didn't want to remember him struggling, and I was also afraid I'd be too upset in front ot the cat which would upset him. Not everyone is made from the same mold. If a child wants a pet, that doesn't mean the child should be prepared to witness its death. Understand its death, yes.

archer i can tend to take grace's comments and yours and make a case for each. archer and i obviously come from the same place in regards to opinions on kids and pets. if my daughter were not mature enough...in my house, she would not have a pet of her own. i felt she was mature enough to accept death as a potential issue with a pet of hers. thats why she was allowed to have pets. which ties with what you say here grace.

but archer you gotta realize some parents will allow their kids to have pets prior to their being old enoug to accept sucj concepts....i dont understand that reasoning either....but who am i to judge those parents...it's their life to raise their kids as they see fit as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:09 am 

wijim wrote:
barb, you have no children......so your attempt at lying and trying to put yourself in a position to try to show you are a parent is a moot point.

one point of evidence in that lie is...if you were a parent.....you'd understand there is more than one way of parenting and the thing you described is shallow at best, because you put forth a scenario as though your versin of parenting is the only way.

As a farm boy growing up ,it was a necessity that we knew how to put down animals . Even my mom would put down a dog if it were injured in the yard and I distinctly remember her shooting at a stray dog chasing our sheep in the pasteur. Those are not evil things for a child to learn . In fact they can be life lessons that put the suffering of others above your own emotions.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:16 am 

wijim wrote:
Grace wrote:
Archer wrote:
sianblooz wrote:
Are you saying that watching your father beat your kitten to death without batting an eye means you're being raised to be a "man" ? a "woman"?

It doesn't matter what age she is. If she is old enough to have a kitten, then she is old enough to see it die. That's all a part of the responsibilities. I don't expect her not to react, but if she wants the cat, she needs to be prepared for things like that.

I don't believe that's the rule. I think it's up to the child to decide and yes it depends on the child's age and/or maturity. Wijim's daughter apparently was old enough to decide for herself. Whether she wishes to witness such an incident again only she can answer. I still can't watch an animal die - whether it's on TV or real life. When we had to euthanize our 14 year old cat due to cancer, I stayed with him right before the needle, and had to walk out of the room and leave my husband with him. I was afraid he might fight the drug and I didn't want to remember him struggling, and I was also afraid I'd be too upset in front ot the cat which would upset him. Not everyone is made from the same mold. If a child wants a pet, that doesn't mean the child should be prepared to witness its death. Understand its death, yes.

archer i can tend to take grace's comments and yours and make a case for each. archer and i obviously come from the same place in regards to opinions on kids and pets. if my daughter were not mature enough...in my house, she would not have a pet of her own. i felt she was mature enough to accept death as a potential issue with a pet of hers. thats why she was allowed to have pets. which ties with what you say here grace.

but archer you gotta realize some parents will allow their kids to have pets prior to their being old enoug to accept sucj concepts....i dont understand that reasoning either....but who am i to judge those parents...it's their life to raise their kids as they see fit as well.

And I am one who would allow a child to have a pet before they would have the emotional strenght to kill it ,if the animal were suffering. I think they should learn to bond with animals first and then learn that bonding also means that they understand they will most likely need to make the tough choice as to how and when to put down that animal they love. I learned that by bottle feeding lambs and calves and kittens when I was a child. My dad would put them down in secret when I was really young and then he showed me how to be efficent as I grew up. Emotionally I learned that the most important lesson is death can b a release from the pain and suffering your daughter's kitten was dealing with. Your daughter seems to have gained that strenght and courage to.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:17 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

wijim wrote:
barb, you have no children......so your attempt at lying and trying to put yourself in a position to try to show you are a parent is a moot point.

one point of evidence in that lie is...if you were a parent.....you'd understand there is more than one way of parenting and the thing you described is shallow at best, because you put forth a scenario as though your versin of parenting is the only way.

How do you prove this IS Barb and that this person has no children? This seems to be getting more and more into the "because I believe it, it has to be taken as true" standard and that standard is seemingly not questioned unless you are not part of the "group" ... ](*,)

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:21 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

I do notice that "beating" with a shovel is lumped in with killing an animal. I have had to kill animals and have have to use such an object to do so in an emergency BUT I made sure my sons were not able to see that level of violence associated with their pet. You may not believe it is a problem, but that does not make it a universal truth as seems to be implied in these later posts.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:50 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
I do notice that "beating" with a shovel is lumped in with killing an animal. I have had to kill animals and have have to use such an object to do so in an emergency BUT I made sure my sons were not able to see that level of violence associated with their pet. You may not believe it is a problem, but that does not make it a universal truth as seems to be implied in these later posts.

so if your sons made the choice at a mature 9 years old to watch and say goodbye to their beloved pet as it passed, you wouldn't allow that. its not how i parent, but it's your choice in how you raise your kids wayne.

i however, see my daughter still loves me, still seeks my advice, still wants me to help coach her basketball team (even though i know jack shit about basketball strategies..lol) and still takes my advice in dealing with her cat. as well,l she still achieves at a high level scholastically, still puts forth incredible levels of emotion in her poetry and writing, still likes to be a girl in every sense, still likes archery, still has an interest in hunting, still has the responsible nature to do chores without having to be told.

my son, 8, has no interest in hunting, is a high acheiving student, is writing a play to perform for the third grade, is a math wizard, loves archery, hates contact sport, is more of an expert of african species of animals than most adults, and can ride a wheelie on his bike for a city block...lol

but he is not mature enough to be responsible for his pets, and i would consider sheltering him from witnessing a shovel killing of a pet, but he does not have pets yet that he is soley responsible for, so that is not an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:52 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
wijim wrote:

How do you prove this IS Barb and that this person has no children? This seems to be getting more and more into the "because I believe it, it has to be taken as true" standard and that standard is seemingly not questioned unless you are not part of the "group" ... ](*,)

i dont have to prove it to you wayne. many of us know beyond the shadow of a doubt. its ok if you dont want top know, or don't care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:53 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:

I suspect that sianblooz is Barb but have no way of proving it and don't care to. You see I haven't spent too much time fretting over who sianblooz is....the games have gotten old to me, and so I don't have much need to try to out her or find a way to expose her. I really could care less other than to expose her inaccuracies as they appear. I guess if sianblooz cares to take that up with me or anyone else, she can do that herself.

As for believing it because someone else believes it and has been labeled as "part of the group".....that doesn't in any way lend fuel to my thoughts on it. I think we've all (those in "the group") experienced enough of this person to know when we see her, even in written form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:16 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

I do wish she would knock it off with PM thing, though. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:16 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Archer wrote:
Grace wrote:
Archer wrote:
sianblooz wrote:

Of course it's not the rule. It's just the way I think it should be done. The way I see it, a person shouldn't keep a pet unless they can put that pet down themself if they need to. I'd put down a pet for my kid the first time, but they would be the one doing it from then on out.

My kids are not solely responsible for their pets and I doubt yours or wijim's are either. In the context of your post, these children are not keeping pets. I can't speak for wijim's daughter my my kids don't have jobs, don't live in their own homes, don't make many decisions for themselves. Their mother and I do that. They are responsible for feeding and watering their pets but they do not own them and they do not decide when a pet should be put to sleep.

Even if they did, its my responsibilbilty as a parent to decide what violence or what facts of life are appropriate for my children to see and experience.

I would not expect my children to kill their own pets. That's blatant child abuse just as watching me beat their kitten to death with a shovel is.

Yes I see that you say you would make your children kill their pets and we already know how wijim feels but I don't agree with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:23 am 

sianblooz wrote:
Archer wrote:
Grace wrote:
Archer wrote:
sianblooz wrote:

Of course it's not the rule. It's just the way I think it should be done. The way I see it, a person shouldn't keep a pet unless they can put that pet down themself if they need to. I'd put down a pet for my kid the first time, but they would be the one doing it from then on out.

My kids are not solely responsible for their pets and I doubt yours or wijim's are either. In the context of your post, these children are not keeping pets. I can't speak for wijim's daughter my my kids don't have jobs, don't live in their own homes, don't make many decisions for themselves. Their mother and I do that. They are responsible for feeding and watering their pets but they do not own them and they do not decide when a pet should be put to sleep.

Even if they did, its my responsibilbilty as a parent to decide what violence or what facts of life are appropriate for my children to see and experience.

I would not expect my children to kill their own pets. That's blatant child abuse just as watching me beat their kitten to death with a shovel is.

Yes I see that you say you would make your children kill their pets and we already know how wijim feels but I don't agree with it.

so the criteria for owning a pets is that one has to have a job and own a home?...lol

are you calling me a child abuser sianblooz? i want to be clear on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:25 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Amy7779311 wrote:

Even though you say she looks like you're talking about me.

I've posted once about the PM thing while your little friends have filled this forum with lying posts about me. Wijim has started several new threads to make sure we all know he beat his daughter's kitten to death with a shovel and RF is obsessed with hassling Wayne.

Yet you say you wish I would knock off with PM thing.

You don't see anything wrong with this picture?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:27 am 

Quote:
Wijim has started several new threads

two threads. one here and one at fmb. in my book that is "a couple" that is a classic misrepresentation. your propensity for misrepresentation makes you seem overly dishonest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:39 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

sianblooz wrote:
Amy7779311 wrote:

Even though you say she looks like you're talking about me.

I've posted once about the PM thing while your little friends have filled this forum with lying posts about me. Wijim has started several new threads to make sure we all know he beat his daughter's kitten to death with a shovel and RF is obsessed with hassling Wayne.

Yet you say you wish I would knock off with PM thing.

You don't see anything wrong with this picture?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[/i]

I am now asking you to knock it off.

If you have something to say...I ask that you say it right here. Got it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:41 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

wijim wrote:
sianblooz wrote:
Archer wrote:
Grace wrote:
Archer wrote:
sianblooz wrote:

so the criteria for owning a pets is that one has to have a job and own a home?...lol

are you calling me a child abuser sianblooz? i want to be clear on that.

LOL wijim you don't want to be "clear" about anything. If you did, you would not have changed this story so many times. Why don't you try reading what is written instead of what you want to think is written.

If you read MY post, you'll see the words "In the context of your post". If you read Archer's post, you'll see the words "a person shouldn't keep a pet unless they can put that pet down themself if they need to."

Unless your daughter works for a living, she is not "keeping" a pet. YOU ARE.

Are you a child abuser?

I believe what you did is abusive. You'll have to ask RF if that means I said you are a child abuser.

I said I beleive a father who would beat his child's kitten to death in front of her is dog poo. Ask RF about that too.

This one single post is sure to become the basis for several more threads. Book mark it now.

[/i]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next