EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:44 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Amy7779311 wrote:
sianblooz wrote:
Amy7779311 wrote:
I do wish she would knock it off with PM thing, though. :roll:

Even though you say she looks like you're talking about me.

I've posted once about the PM thing while your little friends have filled this forum with lying posts about me. Wijim has started several new threads to make sure we all know he beat his daughter's kitten to death with a shovel and RF is obsessed with hassling Wayne.

Yet you say you wish I would knock off with PM thing.

You don't see anything wrong with this picture?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[/i]

I am now asking you to knock it off.

If you have something to say...I ask that you say it right here. Got it?

I won't ASK you. I'll TELL you.

If YOU have something to say about "PM thing", quitcher stupid little games and just say it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:49 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

sianblooz wrote:

If YOU have something to say about "PM thing", quitcher stupid little games and just say it.

I have already said what I wanted to say about it. I've asked you to knock it off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:01 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Quote:
This one single post is sure to become the basis for several more threads. Book mark it now.

ROTRFLMFAO!!!! Talk about a barbism! If you ain't barb then you're her sister!! LOL!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:06 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

sianblooz wrote:
Are you a child abuser?

I believe what you did is abusive. You'll have to ask RF if that means I said you are a child abuser.

I said I beleive a father who would beat his child's kitten to death in front of her is dog poo. Ask RF about that too.

Your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

Although, we've seen how much that stock goes for these days..... lol.

My opinion....I happen to think it's very appropriate and caring to put an animal out of a painful situation. I would have had my fiance do the same, and if he wasn't around...I believe I could do it myself. If my child wanted to watch from a window....that would also not be a problem for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:45 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Amy7779311 wrote:
sianblooz wrote:

I have already said what I wanted to say about it. I've asked you to knock it off.

LOL Didn't take much for you to back down.

I'm out of patience with most of the people on this board. You and others like bean with the big red bar of soap in his mouth and SiberD and the rest who don't say anything but seem to have nothing to do and all day to do it.

Your opinion, and you're entitled to it.

Although, we've seen how much that stock goes for these days..... lol.

At least I have an opinion. More than I can say for some of you. If you did have an opinion, most of you wouldn't dare go against your cheerleaders.

I happen to think it's very appropriate and caring to put an animal out of a painful situation.

Has anybody said its not? Would you mind showing me who said that? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:51 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

wijim wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
I do notice that "beating" with a shovel is lumped in with killing an animal. I have had to kill animals and have have to use such an object to do so in an emergency BUT I made sure my sons were not able to see that level of violence associated with their pet. You may not believe it is a problem, but that does not make it a universal truth as seems to be implied in these later posts.

so if your sons made the choice at a mature 9 years old to watch and say goodbye to their beloved pet as it passed, you wouldn't allow that. its not how i parent, but it's your choice in how you raise your kids wayne.

I just pointed out that putting a pet down is considerably different from beating it head in with a shovel by any definition. The children who are mature enough to say good-by to a pet that is being euthanized and to witness that passing may not be mature enough to witness the more violent method. The posts seem to be lumping all types of euthanasia into one group, which is not the case. The type of euthanasia would be critical to the determination of whether a child should be allowed to witness the act.

Quote:
i however, see my daughter still loves me, still seeks my advice, still wants me to help coach her basketball team (even though i know jack shit about basketball strategies..lol) and still takes my advice in dealing with her cat. as well,l she still achieves at a high level scholastically, still puts forth incredible levels of emotion in her poetry and writing, still likes to be a girl in every sense, still likes archery, still has an interest in hunting, still has the responsible nature to do chores without having to be told.

That is very good, but there could still be scars that could affect her at some point in her life. I just would not want to have a child take that chance, myself. I do not see anything wrong with any other parent taking that same position. There may not be a problem with anyone taking another position, but there is a risk.

Quote:
but he is not mature enough to be responsible for his pets, and i would consider sheltering him from witnessing a shovel killing of a pet, but he does not have pets yet that he is soley responsible for, so that is not an issue.

That is your choice as a parent. I am not sure that a shovel killing of a pet is something most children should witness. If you believe your children are different it is your choice, but that is in no way a standard for anyone else.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:55 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Quote:
At least I have an opinion. More than I can say for some of you. If you did have an opinion, most of you wouldn't dare go against your cheerleaders.
Image And it's another classic Barbism! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:55 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

sianblooz wrote:
LOL Didn't take much for you to back down.

Back down from you? :lol:

I said what I had to say, and it seems to have worked as I have not seen any more nonsense (besides here..lol) coming from you.

Thank you kindly.

sianblooz wrote:
At least I have an opinion.

As does most everyone on this board, about one thing or another.

sianblooz wrote:
I happen to think it's very appropriate and caring to put an animal out of a painful situation.

Has anybody said its not? Would you mind showing me who said that? ;)

Touchy, touchy.

Did someone burn your hiney this morning, eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:00 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Amy7779311 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
How do you prove this IS Barb and that this person has no children? This seems to be getting more and more into the "because I believe it, it has to be taken as true" standard and that standard is seemingly not questioned unless you are not part of the "group" ... ](*,)

I suspect that sianblooz is Barb but have no way of proving it and don't care to. You see I haven't spent too much time fretting over who sianblooz is....the games have gotten old to me, and so I don't have much need to try to out her or find a way to expose her. I really could care less other than to expose her inaccuracies as they appear. I guess if sianblooz cares to take that up with me or anyone else, she can do that herself.

I can appreciate this position. The key is that unless and until there is a problem here it is only a diversion. If there is a real problem concerning the board it will be dealt with but at the present it is just taking up a lot of bandwidth with rumors and speculation. If this person is as bad as the person presented would you even believe them if they admitted who they were? When you have a person who lies all of the time what to you believe when they say they are lying? :wink:

Quote:
As for believing it because someone else believes it and has been labeled as "part of the group".....that doesn't in any way lend fuel to my thoughts on it. I think we've all (those in "the group") experienced enough of this person to know when we see her, even in written form.

Or at least to determine a similar style of writing.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:12 pm 

wijim wrote:
but archer you gotta realize some parents will allow their kids to have pets prior to their being old enoug to accept sucj concepts....i dont understand that reasoning either....but who am i to judge those parents...it's their life to raise their kids as they see fit as well.

Certainly. People can raise their kids as they see fit. I won't tell them otherwise. They can raise them to be devil worshippers for all I care. But today's kids are not nearly as tough as they used to be. That's a fact. And it's my opinion that this is part of the reason. That's just an observation of mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:13 pm 

sianblooz wrote:
My kids are not solely responsible for their pets and I doubt yours or wijim's are either.

Hey, if you don't want to teach your kids responsibility, that's fine. But when I have kids, they will be responsible for any pets they have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:37 pm 

wijim wrote:
my son, 8, has no interest in hunting, is a high acheiving student, is writing a play to perform for the third grade, is a math wizard, loves archery, hates contact sport, is more of an expert of african species of animals than most adults, and can ride a wheelie on his bike for a city block...lol

but he is not mature enough to be responsible for his pets, and i would consider sheltering him from witnessing a shovel killing of a pet, but he does not have pets yet that he is soley responsible for, so that is not an issue.

That's almost creepy Jim. My oldest son,9, is like that. At the age of 6 he was tested,found to have a 151 IQ on adult scale,was reading my EMT books at 4 years old,and could point out on a person where their patella,iscial tuberosity,mandible.maxilla,metacarpals and such were located,Has never been interested in hunting,but loves going on research trips with us,simply because he is surrounded by Biologists and College professors. Not much on sports,but loves golf, He can talk for hours about species of sharks that I've never heard of.Yet he can't remember where he left his shoes 5 minutes ago,and isn't mature enough to ride his bike farther that 2 blocks away alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:56 pm 

Mr. Venom wrote:
wijim wrote:
my son, 8, has no interest in hunting, is a high acheiving student, is writing a play to perform for the third grade, is a math wizard, loves archery, hates contact sport, is more of an expert of african species of animals than most adults, and can ride a wheelie on his bike for a city block...lol

That's almost creepy Jim. My oldest son,9, is like that. At the age of 6 he was tested,found to have a 151 IQ on adult scale,was reading my EMT books at 4 years old,and could point out on a person where their patella,iscial tuberosity,mandible.maxilla,metacarpals and such were located,Has never been interested in hunting,but loves going on research trips with us,simply because he is surrounded by Biologists and College professors. Not much on sports,but loves golf, He can talk for hours about species of sharks that I've never heard of.Yet he can't remember where he left his shoes 5 minutes ago,and isn't mature enough to ride his bike farther that 2 blocks away alone.

Funny how we try to teach & learn just how much our kids know or appreciate.know about such things. I learned young that death is no farther away then Venoms signature and having seen so many dead animals and losing a childhood friend at 7 years of age it was always a major portion of my life to see life as the path towards death. Many people want to hide from death and believe that by not being involved with death they are serving a greater purpose. That is wrong. If my emotions take a hit because I never drove 40 minutes to a vets office and waited for the vet to bring his/her required needles and skills to a dying animal then I have caused needless suffering to assauge my own suffering. I think that is a false safeguard that protects my heartstrings but does prove I worry about me more then the animal I should have dispatched in my back yard.

Speaking to Venom's point about his child and getting lost. I used to take my son to remote places for fishing and hunting trips when he was younger. At age 6 or 7 I would ask him when we were on the trail and I felt the location would give all the points for compass skill understanding without the use of a compass , several questions. along these lines.

If I were to fall down ,which way is it to the truck. Which way to the house, which way to the lake and which way to the nearest road. I had intentionally led him to this point and asked the questions without allowing or pointing out that he should know the answers. He would answer the correct direction without even giving it much tought. His instinct for not getting lost will always be safe as he seems to have a uncanny sense of direction.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:30 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Amy7779311 wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
How do you prove this IS Barb and that this person has no children? This seems to be getting more and more into the "because I believe it, it has to be taken as true" standard and that standard is seemingly not questioned unless you are not part of the "group" ... ](*,)

I suspect that sianblooz is Barb but have no way of proving it and don't care to. You see I haven't spent too much time fretting over who sianblooz is....the games have gotten old to me, and so I don't have much need to try to out her or find a way to expose her. I really could care less other than to expose her inaccuracies as they appear. I guess if sianblooz cares to take that up with me or anyone else, she can do that herself.

As for believing it because someone else believes it and has been labeled as "part of the group".....that doesn't in any way lend fuel to my thoughts on it. I think we've all (those in "the group") experienced enough of this person to know when we see her, even in written form.

I suspected Sianblooz was Barb before it was even discussed on the board. Way too many Barb-like phrases and thoughts expressed for it not to be Barb.

I just don't understand these games she plays any more, although at one time a while back I did. Now, it just seems foolish. (shrug)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:35 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

sianblooz wrote:
I said I beleive a father who would beat his child's kitten to death in front of her is dog poo.

Quit twisting Barb. Unless your reading comprehension is completely lacking, you know that Jim wrote that he didn't know his daughter was looking out the window.

You're trying to make it sound as if Jim forced her to stand there and watch him hit the dying cat with a shovel.

Knock it off. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next