EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:31 am 
New User
New User

Do you have a dog or a horse / pony / donkey? Do you have 30 minutes to spare? If yes, then please read on. I am a Masters student at the University of Southampton, my supervisor is Dr Anne McBride. I am conducting a study into the relationships people have with their pets. I am looking for volunteers to complete an online questionnaire. If you are interested and would like to participate you can be entered into a prize draw to win £20! Please follow this link to participate

https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/11773

thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:22 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Autumns wrote:
Do you have a dog or a horse / pony / donkey? Do you have 30 minutes to spare? If yes, then please read on. I am a Masters student at the University of Southampton, my supervisor is Dr Anne McBride. I am conducting a study into the relationships people have with their pets. I am looking for volunteers to complete an online questionnaire. If you are interested and would like to participate you can be entered into a prize draw to win £20! Please follow this link to participate

https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/11773

thank you.

Most of the questions from this survey are basically straight forward, and involve whether one has a healthy relationship with the animal one is living with, but seemingly they turn into whether it is okay to have sex with animals.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird ... 90829.html

Minister of Food and Agriculture Dan Jørgensen, who is planning an amendment to the Animal Welfare Act for next year, said to Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet: “I have decided that we should ban sex with animals.” He indicated the damage done to Denmark’s reputation by allowing animal sex was a factor in his decision, but added: “The most important is that in the vast majority of cases it is an attack against the animals. And under all circumstances, any doubts about it should go to the animals’ benefit. They naturally cannot say no to going along with it,” the Danish minister said.

I'm not arguing morality here, because we all have it. But do we have affection towards each other? And if we have affection towards each other, don't we have it towards animals too? Meaning we do not intend to harm each other and we do not also intend to harm animals?