EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:59 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
That is part of it ... can't count after using all of his fingers, and toes ... and such.

Dang.. thats just plain mean! Implying he has an extra toe or finger!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:42 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

I'm mad that I gained some weight after I quit smoking, and I'm having a difficult time losing it; but, I'm determined to lose it all the same and understand that it will take longer since I'm an old fart now.

If I thought it wouldn't make me breathe badly, I'd be lighting up again just to have the nicotine up my metabolism some; but, I'll admit that I'm scared as heck to take even one puff. Can't risk that hospital scene again, no way, no how. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:08 pm 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Tylenol PM knocks me out if I take two. It helps if I take one. And it really messes with me bad when I take three. I won't do that again. I try not to take them at all, but sometimes I have to. I haven't had a good nights sleep all week. I'd think about some PM if I didn't have to work in the morning.

Geez.. have you tried counting sheep? :lol:

Have you seen the new Mattress commercial where the sheep are complaining they are outa work because nobody counts sheep anymore because of the superior new matress on the market.

The lead sheep complaind that sheep 55 is now reduced to working for department of transport and then the screen shifts to a road sign with a sickly looking sheep with the number 55 stamped on him. He has been turned into a traffic speed warning. To funny.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:11 pm 

Bean wrote:
I'm mad that I gained some weight after I quit smoking, and I'm having a difficult time losing it; but, I'm determined to lose it all the same and understand that it will take longer since I'm an old fart now.

Heh, I'm mad that I gained some weight after I quit smoking and am having a difficult time losing it, but I'm determined to lose it all the same and understand that it will take longer since I'm an old fart now.

But 6 years later....... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:49 am 

Donnie, I love those Serta sheep. 8) *sigh* I wish I had gotten one of the stuffed ones when they offered them.

Currently I'm pissed because I spent the last three days digging holes to plant trees and flowers and stuff (everyone else in the family is incapable of lifting a shovel.. just picking where to dig holes) only to find the frigging ground squirrels,voles, prarie dogs, rabbits, etc. made a meal out of half the plants I planted. :evil: Stupid critters.. I hope they like crushed red pepper flakes cause thats what is going around all the plants from now on. They did leave the rhubarb (sp?) alone though.

Oh yeah.. and I'm ticked off that the stupid pizza place screwed up my order and gave me a meat lovers pizza instead of the veggie lovers. :cry: Ah well.. the kids ate it anyway cause I wasn't in the mood to drive 15 minutes to get it fixed. I hate living in the country.. frigging pizza places don't deliver this far down! PFFT!

This thread just gave me a good idea for a new thread...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:33 am 

Origam wrote:
Donnie, I love those Serta sheep. 8) *sigh* I wish I had gotten one of the stuffed ones when they offered them.

Oh yeah.. and I'm ticked off that the stupid pizza place screwed up my order and gave me a meat lovers pizza instead of the veggie lovers. :cry: Ah well.. the kids ate it anyway cause I wasn't in the mood to drive 15 minutes to get it fixed. I hate living in the country.. frigging pizza places don't deliver this far down! PFFT!

15 minutes away? LOL! There are certain things you learn to do when living out in the country. One of them is checking your carry out order BEFORE you leave the place ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:02 am 

SiberD wrote:
Origam wrote:

15 minutes away? LOL! There are certain things you learn to do when living out in the country. One of them is checking your carry out order BEFORE you leave the place ;-)

True SD but rather mean of you to point that out as I am sure Origam is kicking her own derrier enough for not checking about now. :wink: Always someone around to rub the salt in though,I suppose. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:25 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

I'm mad at myself for doing something I should have never done last night that I am not even going to mention. :shock: :( My dang friends had to talk me into it... :x :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:40 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

True SD but rather mean of you to point that out as I am sure Origam is kicking her own derrier enough for not checking about now. :wink: Always someone around to rub the salt in though,I suppose. :D[/quote]

Can I help it id country folk don't know the difference between veggie and meat? Sheesh.

Pfft. I can't wait to move back to the "city". I went for a drive today and wound up in Ellicot (aka Hole in the Wall nowhereville) and the gas station there was closed.. because it's Sunday. WTF?

On the other hand I did manage to find a Paintball/shooting range that is a class III dealer. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:46 pm 

Origam wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

True SD but rather mean of you to point that out as I am sure Origam is kicking her own derrier enough for not checking about now. :wink: Always someone around to rub the salt in though,I suppose. :D

Can I help it id country folk don't know the difference between veggie and meat? Sheesh.

Pfft. I can't wait to move back to the "city". I went for a drive today and wound up in Ellicot (aka Hole in the Wall nowhereville) and the gas station there was closed.. because it's Sunday. WTF?

On the other hand I did manage to find a Paintball/shooting range that is a class III dealer. :lol:[/quote]

Huuuummm.. Try not to get any on you Ori. Paint I mean. I already know you can't aford to spill gas on yourself. Wink.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:19 pm 
Origam wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:

On the other hand I did manage to find a Paintball/shooting range that is a class III dealer. :lol:[/quote]

So you bought a machinegun instead of a tank of gas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:10 pm 

RF wrote:

Nope, but me and a few friends are going to go paintballing next weekend. :D The guy at the range was yapping to me about guns.. I just smiled and nodded a lot.. all I wanted to know was about paintballing.. but now I get to shoot real guns on Wednesday. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:11 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Huuuummm.. Try not to get any on you Ori. Paint I mean. I already know you can't aford to spill gas on yourself. Wink.

Paint can be fun. :D Spilling gas is a sin now-a-days isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:42 pm 
Origam wrote:
RF wrote:

Nope, but me and a few friends are going to go paintballing next weekend. :D The guy at the range was yapping to me about guns.. I just smiled and nodded a lot.. all I wanted to know was about paintballing.. but now I get to shoot real guns on Wednesday. :shock:

Oh boy...I wish I could show you some pics of the welts and bruises my son came home sporting this weekend. He's a tournament paint-baller. I think it's sort of a silly sport....but then, I've got this hobby of spending hours loading hundreds and hundreds of shotgun shells, only to use them all trying to break little clay discs...and then starting all over again. So I can't say too much to him about his own folly...err...hobby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:52 am 

Origam wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
That is part of it ... can't count after using all of his fingers, and toes ... and such.

Dang.. thats just plain mean! Implying he has an extra toe or finger!

Mean indeed, however true it may be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next