EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:58 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20492
Location: Southeastern US
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:
Donnie you're a lying sack of poo. I'd say shit but I might get my hand spanked for telling the truth about you. You have never seen me write one word about Watson. You have never seen me write one word to "discredit all hunters" either.


Maybe we can clear up the issue of, did sianblooz say anything about Paul Watson. Donnie says yes, sianblooz says no.

From page 1 Grace wrote

Quote:
Can anyone address this? As usual, Paul is profoundly right on:

Trophy hunters argue that hunting is a natural instinct of man. We come from a hunter-gathering background they say, yet I don’t see any acorn or root gathering going on. In fact, I don’t think there is a single gathering club in the country. So, if hunting is a natural part of our instincts, then how come gathering isn’t?


Later on page 1 sianblooz replies

Quote:
He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food. Nothing wrong with eating what you kill and killing what you eat. If you eat meat then I don't think you have the right to criticize hunting.


While it doesn't appear sianblooz is agreeing with Paul Watson, this would be talking about him which is what Donnie said. So for me anyway technically, Donnie is right on that point.


But we have not seen anything on the other point, which was in reply to this direct statement, which should be the more important point, IMO.

Quote:
Watson is using them as Sianblooz willingly has done before to discredit all hunters.t

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:59 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Posts: 500
If Donnie had a @@@ he's take it out and play with it. He doesn't seem to notice that I disagree with Watson. Too cerebral for Donnie to figure that out. He lies that I've called Watson a "hero" on other boards but lying is just about the only thing Donnie does well.

Unless Donnie or Archer can come up with some proof of their lies, how about we talk about the issue at hand?


Last edited by sianblooz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:02 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20492
Location: Southeastern US
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:
Donnie you're a lying sack of poo. I'd say shit but I might get my hand spanked for telling the truth about you. You have never seen me write one word about Watson. You have never seen me write one word to "discredit all hunters" either.


Maybe we can clear up the issue of, did sianblooz say anything about Paul Watson. Donnie says yes, sianblooz says no.

From page 1 Grace wrote

Quote:
Can anyone address this? As usual, Paul is profoundly right on:

Trophy hunters argue that hunting is a natural instinct of man. We come from a hunter-gathering background they say, yet I don’t see any acorn or root gathering going on. In fact, I don’t think there is a single gathering club in the country. So, if hunting is a natural part of our instincts, then how come gathering isn’t?


Later on page 1 sianblooz replies

Quote:
He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food. Nothing wrong with eating what you kill and killing what you eat. If you eat meat then I don't think you have the right to criticize hunting.


While it doesn't appear sianblooz is agreeing with Paul Watson, this would be talking about him which is what Donnie said. So for me anyway technically, Donnie is right on that point.


In retrospect, there still may be an issue since Wijim stated:

Quote:
your arguement is one of semantics here. yet the use of the term "trophy" hunter was ignored by you, as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. all in all i dont care if its trophy hunting, meat hunting, or just hunting......they will all be lumped together by those against any form of it anyhow.


As Wijim is a male and did make the point about trophy hunting being different in a prior post this could be the "he" of which was spoken ....

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:09 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 6190
My point was only concerning the fact sainblooz did talk about Watson which is what Donnie said. I understand this does not address the rest of the issue, but on this point Donnie is correct and did not lie. Sainblooz did talk about Watson.

_________________
I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:11 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20492
Location: Southeastern US
hunter88 wrote:
My point was only concerning the fact sainblooz did talk about Watson which is what Donnie said. I understand this does not address the rest of the issue, but on this point Donnie is correct and did not lie. Sainblooz did talk about Watson.


Only if you assume the "he" was in reference to Watson and not Wijim, which is just as defensible.

That aspect has not been confirmed or denied to know for sure, so how can you say Donnie is correct?

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:18 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 6190
Quote:
Only if you assume the "he" was in reference to Watson and not Wijim, which is just as defensible.


From page 1

Grace

Quote:
Can anyone address this? As usual, Paul is profoundly right on:

Trophy hunters argue that hunting is a natural instinct of man. We come from a hunter-gathering background they say, yet I don’t see any acorn or root gathering going on. In fact, I don’t think there is a single gathering club in the country. So, if hunting is a natural part of our instincts, then how come gathering isn’t?


wijim

Quote:
your arguement is one of semantics here. yet the use of the term "trophy" hunter was ignored by you, as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. all in all i dont care if its trophy hunting, meat hunting, or just hunting......they will all be lumped together by those against any form of it anyhow.


sianblooz

Quote:
He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food. Nothing wrong with eating what you kill and killing what you eat. If you eat meat then I don't think you have the right to criticize hunting.


If sianblooz was responding to Grace "he has a point" would be proper. If responding to wijim wouldn't it be, "you have a point". He has a point shows the statement is directed to Grace and is talking about what Watson said. Thus talking about Watson.

_________________
I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:19 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
Wayne Stollings wrote:
hunter88 wrote:
My point was only concerning the fact sainblooz did talk about Watson which is what Donnie said. I understand this does not address the rest of the issue, but on this point Donnie is correct and did not lie. Sainblooz did talk about Watson.


Only if you assume the "he" was in reference to Watson and not Wijim, which is just as defensible.

That aspect has not been confirmed or denied to know for sure, so how can you say Donnie is correct?




Cept that Wiijim made no comments about Watson and trophy hunting Wayne. Wiijim referenced Grace that overall Watson is a moron. Sianblooz made her first post a direct comment to Watson claim of Trophy hunters. Wiijim did not.

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:25 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20492
Location: Southeastern US
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:
Only if you assume the "he" was in reference to Watson and not Wijim, which is just as defensible.


From page 1

Grace

Quote:
Can anyone address this? As usual, Paul is profoundly right on:

Trophy hunters argue that hunting is a natural instinct of man. We come from a hunter-gathering background they say, yet I don’t see any acorn or root gathering going on. In fact, I don’t think there is a single gathering club in the country. So, if hunting is a natural part of our instincts, then how come gathering isn’t?


wijim

Quote:
your arguement is one of semantics here. yet the use of the term "trophy" hunter was ignored by you, as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. all in all i dont care if its trophy hunting, meat hunting, or just hunting......they will all be lumped together by those against any form of it anyhow.


sianblooz

Quote:
He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food. Nothing wrong with eating what you kill and killing what you eat. If you eat meat then I don't think you have the right to criticize hunting.


If sianblooz was responding to Grace "he has a point" would be proper. If responding to wijim wouldn't it be, "you have a point". He has a point shows the statement is directed to Grace and is talking about what Watson said. Thus talking about Watson.


Except if Sianblooz was responding to Grace in reference to Wijim's post we have the same direction toward Grace but not in relation to Watson.

Wijim to Grace:
Quote:
your arguement is one of semantics here. yet the use of the term "trophy" hunter was ignored by you, as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. all in all i dont care if its trophy hunting, meat hunting, or just hunting......they will all be lumped together by those against any form of it anyhow.


but back to gathering....


As you can see, one could easily say to Grace "he" has a point in reference to this post instead of the first post in the thread. That would not make the claim correct but would fit the context of the posts, would it not?

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:28 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20492
Location: Southeastern US
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
hunter88 wrote:
My point was only concerning the fact sainblooz did talk about Watson which is what Donnie said. I understand this does not address the rest of the issue, but on this point Donnie is correct and did not lie. Sainblooz did talk about Watson.


Only if you assume the "he" was in reference to Watson and not Wijim, which is just as defensible.

That aspect has not been confirmed or denied to know for sure, so how can you say Donnie is correct?




Cept that Wiijim made no comments about Watson and trophy hunting Wayne. Wiijim referenced Grace that overall Watson is a moron. Sianblooz made her first post a direct comment to Watson claim of Trophy hunters. Wiijim did not.


No, and there is nothing to indicate the comment was related to Watson but only trophy hunting, which Wijim did make a post in reference just two posts prior to the post you quoted. You assume the reference was to Waston and proceeded accordingly, but your assumption is not proved.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:42 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 6190
Grace

Trophy hunters argue that hunting is a natural instinct of man. We come from a hunter-gathering background they say, yet I don’t see any acorn or root gathering going on. In fact, I don’t think there is a single gathering club in the country. So, if hunting is a natural part of our instincts, then how come gathering isn’t?



wijim

Quote:
your arguement is one of semantics here. yet the use of the term "trophy" hunter was ignored by you, as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. all in all i dont care if its trophy hunting, meat hunting, or just hunting......they will all be lumped together by those against any form of it anyhow.



sianblooz

Quote:
He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food. Nothing wrong with eating what you kill and killing what you eat. If you eat meat then I don't think you have the right to criticize hunting.



Quote:
Except if Sianblooz was responding to Grace in reference to Wijim's post we have the same direction toward Grace but not in relation to Watson.


wijim is telling Grace she is ignoring the term trophy hunters,as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. If sianblooz is talking about what wijim said there would be no reason to say, "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." Watson was the one that did not seperate trophy hunting and hunting for food, wijim did.

There is one way to know for sure. Sianblooz knows for sure. Of course if sianblooz would say I was talking to wijim that would mean Donnie is not telling the truth.but if sianblooz said the statement was in reference to Watson's remark, Donnie would be right. Want to bet we won't get a straight answer from sianblooz. :wink:

_________________
I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:52 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20492
Location: Southeastern US
hunter88 wrote:
Grace

Trophy hunters argue that hunting is a natural instinct of man. We come from a hunter-gathering background they say, yet I don’t see any acorn or root gathering going on. In fact, I don’t think there is a single gathering club in the country. So, if hunting is a natural part of our instincts, then how come gathering isn’t?



wijim

Quote:
your arguement is one of semantics here. yet the use of the term "trophy" hunter was ignored by you, as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. all in all i dont care if its trophy hunting, meat hunting, or just hunting......they will all be lumped together by those against any form of it anyhow.



sianblooz

Quote:
He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food. Nothing wrong with eating what you kill and killing what you eat. If you eat meat then I don't think you have the right to criticize hunting.



Quote:
Except if Sianblooz was responding to Grace in reference to Wijim's post we have the same direction toward Grace but not in relation to Watson.


wijim is telling Grace she is ignoring the term trophy hunters,as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. If sianblooz is talking about what wijim said there would be no reason to say, "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." Watson was the one that did not seperate trophy hunting and hunting for food, wijim did.


Since you say Watson did not separate the trophy hunting from meat hunting, but Wijim did, would the statement "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." not apply more to Wijim's post than Watson's?

Quote:
There is one way to know for sure. Sianblooz knows for sure. Of course if sianblooz would say I was talking to wijim that would mean Donnie is not telling the truth.but if sianblooz said the statement was in reference to Watson's remark, Donnie would be right. Want to bet we won't get a straight answer from sianblooz. :wink:


I would not bet on getting a straight answer from most of the people posting about this. There is so much assumption of beliefs being factual in the "historical" context to get anywhere. I would not have dealt with it to this level except for your post.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:00 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 6190
Quote:
Since you say Watson did not separate the trophy hunting from meat hunting, but Wijim did, would the statement "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." not apply more to Wijim's post than Watson's?


No because the statement "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." is in disagreement with Watson and later sianblooz tells us

Quote:
If Donnie had a brain he's take it out and play with it. He doesn't seem to notice that I disagree with Watson.


It's hard not to be talking about someone when you say Donnie didn't even notice I disagreed with Watson. This would prove the statement "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." is about Watson and not wijim. :lol:

_________________
I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:04 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
Wayne Stollings wrote:
hunter88 wrote:
Grace

Trophy hunters argue that hunting is a natural instinct of man. We come from a hunter-gathering background they say, yet I don’t see any acorn or root gathering going on. In fact, I don’t think there is a single gathering club in the country. So, if hunting is a natural part of our instincts, then how come gathering isn’t?



wijim

Quote:
your arguement is one of semantics here. yet the use of the term "trophy" hunter was ignored by you, as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. all in all i dont care if its trophy hunting, meat hunting, or just hunting......they will all be lumped together by those against any form of it anyhow.



sianblooz

Quote:
He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food. Nothing wrong with eating what you kill and killing what you eat. If you eat meat then I don't think you have the right to criticize hunting.



Quote:
Except if Sianblooz was responding to Grace in reference to Wijim's post we have the same direction toward Grace but not in relation to Watson.


wijim is telling Grace she is ignoring the term trophy hunters,as though all hunters are trophy hunters or their is no difference in your mind. If sianblooz is talking about what wijim said there would be no reason to say, "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." Watson was the one that did not seperate trophy hunting and hunting for food, wijim did.


Since you say Watson did not separate the trophy hunting from meat hunting, but Wijim did, would the statement "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." not apply more to Wijim's post than Watson's?

Quote:
There is one way to know for sure. Sianblooz knows for sure. Of course if sianblooz would say I was talking to wijim that would mean Donnie is not telling the truth.but if sianblooz said the statement was in reference to Watson's remark, Donnie would be right. Want to bet we won't get a straight answer from sianblooz. :wink:


I would not bet on getting a straight answer from most of the people posting about this. There is so much assumption of beliefs being factual in the "historical" context to get anywhere. I would not have dealt with it to this level except for your post.



:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:09 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20492
Location: Southeastern US
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:
Since you say Watson did not separate the trophy hunting from meat hunting, but Wijim did, would the statement "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." not apply more to Wijim's post than Watson's?


No because the statement "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." is in disagreement with Watson and later sianblooz tells us

Quote:
If Donnie had a brain he's take it out and play with it. He doesn't seem to notice that I disagree with Watson.


It's hard not to be talking about someone when you say Donnie didn't even notice I disagreed with Watson. This would prove the statement "He has a point but trophy hunting is not the same as hunting for food." is about Watson and not wijim. :lol:


If there were no other posts in between, maybe you would have a point, but there were many posts in the interim.

It is hard to say that was in reference to the first posts instead of this post by Donnie, which was in the middle of this thread and brings out the point of agreement/disagreement with Watson.

Quote:
So in actual fact you had written about Watson although I had never stated you had written about Watson to begin with. I stated that you and WATSON would use the trophy hunt stuff to castigate all hunters. As for you writting about Watson. We know you Barb and you wrote lots about Watson on your old boards. Called him a Hero in fact.


It seems a lot of liberties are taken with logic in the attempt to take a position so far out of the context of the discussion.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:16 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 6190
Quote:
If there were no other posts in between, maybe you would have a point, but there were many posts in the interim.


sianblooz said

Quote:
If Donnie had a brain he's take it out and play with it. He doesn't seem to notice that I disagree with Watson.


How can a person disagree with Watson, and say "he doesn't seem to notice that I disagreed with Watson, without saying something about Watson.

Sianblooz can disagree with Watson and yet not say anything about Watson. But once sianblooz says Donnie didn't notice I disagreed with Watson, that shows sianblooz's comments were about Watson.

_________________
I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group