EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 pm 
New User
New User

What did Leonardo DiCaprio have to say about having children?

Known to have one of the most private personal lives in Hollywood, Leonardo DiCaprio has opened up about his feelings on becoming a father, saying: “If it happens, it happens.”
The Shutter Island actor, who scooped his third Golden Globes award, has kept fans guessing on whether he plans to have children one day. After splitting from model girlfriend Kelly Rohrbach, Rolling Stone magazine quizzed the 41-year-old on any future family plans he may have.
“Do you mean do I want to bring children into a world like this?” the environmental activist told the magazine. “If it happens, it happens. I’d prefer not to get into specifics about it, just because then it becomes something that is misquoted.
“But, yeah. I don’t know,” he added. “To articulate how I feel about it is just [going to] be misunderstood.”

January 12, 2016, hellomagazine.com

Quite refreshing—although he did skillfully avoid actually saying what he truly feels. He’s a very famous and exceptionally talented actor who’s actually both thinking ahead and beyond the so-typical narrow human-individual scope of consideration towards other potential fully sentient human beings that he can procreate. Hmm. Perhaps there’s a connection between such unconventionality on his part and his as-of-yet Oscar-less career, despite great works such as his very convincing role in What’s Eating Gilbert Grape (for which he was nominated for an Oscar)? Nah, that’s going just a bit too far.