EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:58 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Grace wrote:
I think we should declare tomorrow Be Nice to Grace Day and Agree with Everything She Says. Do we have a head bobbing emoticon somewhere? BTW, this is Grace's friend making this suggestion.


Be nice to Grace day? Whats the slogan going to be? Be nice to Grace and tie your Shoelace?!

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:00 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Grace wrote:
I think we should declare tomorrow Be Nice to Grace Day and Agree with Everything She Says.


Sure. We could make it a holiday too. In that case, I won't be here. :D

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:09 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 6190
Quote:
BTW, this is Grace's friend making this suggestion.


Does Grace's friend have a name. Or should we just call you Ecarg.

By the way, did you get a pedicure on earth day? And yes that's a trick question.

_________________
I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:43 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:
BTW, this is Grace's friend making this suggestion.


Does Grace's friend have a name. Or should we just call you Ecarg.

By the way, did you get a pedicure on earth day? And yes that's a trick question.



Grace asked me to speak on her behalf, so you may call me Grace II. I prefer to remain anonymous as I'm a well known celebrity. Of course I had a pedicure I have weekly pedicures so it probably fell on earth day whatever that is. Fi Fi shut up! (sorry that's my pocket dog begging for some Beluga Caviar again)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:06 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:41 pm
Posts: 6190
Quote:
Grace asked me to speak on her behalf, so you may call me Grace II.


Grace II. As you can see my name is hunter88. So I'm sure you can tell I'm speaking on behalf of someone who was speaking on behalf of someone, who was speaking on behalf of.... oh well you get the idea.

Quote:
I prefer to remain anonymous as I'm a well known celebrity. Of course I had a pedicure I have weekly pedicures so it probably fell on earth day whatever that is. Fi Fi shut up! (sorry that's my pocket dog begging for some Beluga Caviar again)


Oh I can tell you must be a very good friend of Grace. You two have so much in common. Why it's hard to tell you apart. You're not twins are you?

Oh wait, I read your response a little closer. And I'm not so sure you really are a friend of Grace. Our sweet little Grace would never be friends with someone that would have a fish killed, just so it's poor helpless embryos could be taken from it's soon to be lifeless body. And Grace would never tell her cats to shut up. Why it might cause stress to their already stress filled life.

I'm starting to think this is someone that has stolen Grace's identity.

_________________
I don't know what your problem is but I bet its hard to pronounce.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: LISTEN UP
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:49 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 1340
Grace wrote:
I'm tired of arguing with you all. In all the active threads it's me against many. Cree, Bean, RF, Vulpes, hunter88, fisherman, Donnie, Fosgate [when they're here], and I'm sure I left a few off. Anyone notice that? No one is debating with anyone but me. It sucks, it's tiresome, I'm bored and disgusted with being one against all. And for all you AR weenies who fled this board, you suck more than the anti's. I know you're here. Cowards.

Good bye for a while. Could be a week, a month, a year, or a few minutes...



must be because you are wrong. FALL IN LINE...


:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
lately i been thinkin' aunt betty stopped her blinkin'....soon she'll be a stinkin'..........my deceased mother in law speaking of her aunt who had died.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:10 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:28 am
Posts: 865
Quote:
I think we should declare tomorrow Be Nice to Grace Day


Hey, I AM nice to you, I even named one of my pigs after you!! How many friends do you have that have named their pigs after you? :mrgreen:



Quote:
and Agree with Everything She Says.


Don't push your luck, sister. [-X

_________________
"There is a bit of a battle between people who say, Hey, your tax cuts wrecked our war and people who say, Hey, your war wrecked our tax cuts,"
- David Frum, a former Bush speechwriter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:13 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
oinks wrote:
Quote:
I think we should declare tomorrow Be Nice to Grace Day


Hey, I AM nice to you, I even named one of my pigs after you!! How many friends do you have that have named their pigs after you? :mrgreen:



Quote:
and Agree with Everything She Says.


Don't push your luck, sister. [-X



Heh I forgot about Gracie. :lol: Maybe it'd be easier if I started agreeing with y'all. :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 8:53 am 
Offline
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:13 pm
Posts: 262
I have noriced that Grace is the only one who does try to defend her position...the others have gone because they are fascists grace, not cowards. They do not want to debate. To your credit, I think you have been very brave and stuck with it.

I also think you have raise points which may improve the fur trade from a welfare point of view. Because the unscrupulous can undermine the legitimate (in any trade really, but more accute when animal welfare is concerned). So stay with it Grace.

We arent against you personally and the debate may lead to balance, understanding and some positive outcome.

We obviously are debating with you because we care about animals and the environment and care that you arent sucked into a useless ideological stance.

You can put your caring into avenues where there animals are really endangered and we can all work together both practically and in terms of pressure on things like habitat destruction for example; rather than you get drawn into dangerous polotik which has nothing to do with real animla welfare. Or who knows, you may get us all convinced by your arguments and we end up AR! :wink:

One thing for sure....at least this has shown us that not everyone with your views is a fascist, and you probably are thinking, well, these folks arent the people delighting in animal abusing after all. Understanding is the key...and we can only come to that through talking. Your comrades dont want to because they are stuck in their views.

best regards Cree1

_________________
The white man said we were cruel to hunt the buffalo. Then they wiped them out so we couldnt hurt them anymore (Apache attrib)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:03 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Grace wrote:
oinks wrote:
Quote:
I think we should declare tomorrow Be Nice to Grace Day


Hey, I AM nice to you, I even named one of my pigs after you!! How many friends do you have that have named their pigs after you? :mrgreen:



Quote:
and Agree with Everything She Says.


Don't push your luck, sister. [-X



Heh I forgot about Gracie. :lol: Maybe it'd be easier if I started agreeing with y'all. :shock:


Yes, now you're catching on.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:15 am 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:26 pm
Posts: 500
Wasn't it Einstein who said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome?

_________________
"The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." Mark Twain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:25 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
Cree1 wrote:
I have noriced that Grace is the only one who does try to defend her position...the others have gone because they are fascists grace, not cowards. They do not want to debate. To your credit, I think you have been very brave and stuck with it.

I also think you have raise points which may improve the fur trade from a welfare point of view. Because the unscrupulous can undermine the legitimate (in any trade really, but more accute when animal welfare is concerned). So stay with it Grace.

We arent against you personally and the debate may lead to balance, understanding and some positive outcome.

We obviously are debating with you because we care about animals and the environment and care that you arent sucked into a useless ideological stance.

You can put your caring into avenues where there animals are really endangered and we can all work together both practically and in terms of pressure on things like habitat destruction for example; rather than you get drawn into dangerous polotik which has nothing to do with real animla welfare. Or who knows, you may get us all convinced by your arguments and we end up AR! :wink:

One thing for sure....at least this has shown us that not everyone with your views is a fascist, and you probably are thinking, well, these folks arent the people delighting in animal abusing after all. Understanding is the key...and we can only come to that through talking. Your comrades dont want to because they are stuck in their views.

best regards Cree1


What a nice message on BNTGD! (be nice to grace day). Thank you. I hope my inbox here in this thread fills with similar messages of encouragement and peace. :wink: (Arch what are you doing here it's a holiday?)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:11 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
sianblooz wrote:
Wasn't it Einstein who said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome?


I do that when I open the door to the fridge 15 times in a day.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:12 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Grace wrote:
(Arch what are you doing here it's a holiday?)


You're misrepresenting what I said.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:15 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Archer wrote:
sianblooz wrote:
Wasn't it Einstein who said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome?


I do that when I open the door to the fridge 15 times in a day.


15 times a day? Thats kind of ocd isn't it? :shock:

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group