EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:40 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

The Muppet Babies wrote:
See the operative word there dizzy is OPEN FORUM.... this is the place for all sorts of off topic rants and although I am trying to be more environmentally aware... my life does not revolve around it entirely...

And forgive me if I can't afford to buy a new environmentally friendly car as I am busy trying to raise two children by myself on one income, but how dare you drop in with your poison pen just to stir the waters....

Oh and I really really am ashamed of myself.... thanks for making me aware of how terrible I really am, I think I will go hang myself in the bathroom so my kids can find me in the morning, but don't worry I'll be sure to leave a note for them chesnut to let them know that it was because you made me realize just how terrible I really am.... oh and it will be on recycled paper alright with you???

:twisted:

Don't forget to tell them you want to be buried naked and without a casket so you can become worm food easier.. oh yeah and use a hemp rope.

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:45 pm 

chessnut1134 wrote:
I find it odd that on a environmentalist forum, people selfishly engage in such gluttonous behavior, and lack of attention to the environment. Gas-guzzling vehicles? Are you mad? I'm beginning to think that the only reason people who post here is just to be apart of a group -- to engage in socialization instead of focusing on the issue (although this is an open forum, but to deny environmentalism outright?)

Do you only have this belief only in environmentalism when it is convenient, and therefore not have a passion for it as I do? I guess the word "ideology" has no significance.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Err.. does the fact that some of us recycle, use alternative methods of transportation when possible, use biodegradable items, compost, and other things that have an impact on the enviroment not count for anything? Do we have to post and show off how we help out the enviroment in order to post here? I must've missed that in the rules.

Ashamed? Hardly.. I'd bemore ashamed if I came down on a bunch of people without bothering to check and see exactly what they do for the enviroment, what organizations they donate too, and so forth just because they posted in a fun thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:33 pm 

chessnut1134 wrote:
I find it odd that on a environmentalist forum, people selfishly engage in such gluttonous behavior, and lack of attention to the environment. Gas-guzzling vehicles? Are you mad? I'm beginning to think that the only reason people who post here is just to be apart of a group -- to engage in socialization instead of focusing on the issue (although this is an open forum, but to deny environmentalism outright?)

Do you only have this belief only in environmentalism when it is convenient, and therefore not have a passion for it as I do? I guess the word "ideology" has no significance.

Because clearly, what we need in the environmental movement is more judgementalism. You are definitely doing your part to help win the hearts and minds of the masses... keep up the good work! That tactic has done wonders for the Catholic Church and should continue to do well for the environmental movement. "You are all damned to hell, now here's how you get your ticket out..." Perhaps you should do an ecological footprint analysis and then burn anyone at the stake who has a greater footprint than you! Or even better, perhaps you could travel the world in a biodiesel vehicle and convert all that you come in contact with. If anyone refuses to accept The Word then kill them! You'd get lots of converts and control the world's population at the same time!

Oh good grief! ](*,) I get so disheartened when I see such strident examples of everything that is wrong in the environmental movement. There really are some of us who try to lead by example WITHOUT bashing others over the head with it (even though I do love to gloat about my 55+ mpg hybrid at the very hint of talking to someone who drives an SUV).

Seriously, if you want to change society's behavior patterns, learn about some more effective ways of doing it. Telling people how much they suck is usually not the best way to make friends and influence people. :roll:

-josh

ps- you do all suck though and I am right about everything! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 11:43 pm 

josh knauer wrote:
ps- you do all suck though and I am right about everything! :lol:

You're right.. we do suck. We suck so much we're a big black hole.. which would explain why nobody can get away and eventually they're sucked in and become one of us.. oooh, that almost sounds like a Star Trek thing with Borg and stuff. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 10:14 am 

Origam wrote:
(Statutes, statutes everywhere.. but not the one I need! I hate the Statute room)

If money were no option...
What would your dream vacation be? >>>Lake Powell full of clean water and few people there (and replacement of my lower 4 discs to enjoy it more).
What would your dream job be? >>>See above, with being a professional fisherman.
What would your dream car be? >>>A twin Huey(for high altitude performance) rigged up to be an RV(no messing with traffic), and a fully electric car with mountain power, 200 mile range, and covered in flexible solar cells.
What would your dream house be like?
A bigger Earthship kind of like Dennis Weaver's (RIP) on 3,000 acres(for privacy, grain and animals, and not to hear any SOB barking *$^T##% dogs!).
The twin Huey would run on biodiesel, and so would the fishing boat. The 4 new discs would be put in painlessly (the VA wouldn't pay for it). My fishing "luck" would have to be phenomenal with high prices paid for the products I don't eat. :wink:

Last edited by Johhny Electriglide on Wed May 31, 2006 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:31 am 

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
A bigger Earthship like Dennis Weaver's (RIP) on 3,000 acres.

It looks like you only need $3.75 million to buy Weaver's earthship...

http://www.dennisweaver.com/earthshipforsale.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:02 pm 

chessnut1134 wrote:

id bet a dollar to your dime that i have done more for the environment over the last two years than you have your entire life. you should be ashamed of yourself.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:14 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

josh knauer wrote:
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
A bigger Earthship like Dennis Weaver's (RIP) on 3,000 acres.

It looks like you only need $3.75 million to buy Weaver's earthship...

http://www.dennisweaver.com/earthshipforsale.html

Wow ... maybe an EarthSHIP ... the heated garage seems like it might be an energy luxury though.

Its 10,000 sq. ft. have been custom designed, handcrafted and furnished in Southwestern elegance, with incredible decorative detail.

attached 3-car heated garage with tons of storage.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:24 pm 

wijim wrote:
chessnut1134 wrote:

id bet a dollar to your dime that i have done more for the environment over the last two years than you have your entire life. you should be ashamed of yourself.

LOL! I bet I could say the same!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:37 pm 

SiberD wrote:
wijim wrote:
chessnut1134 wrote:

LOL! I bet I could say the same!

my point exactly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:26 pm 
New User
New User

You forget that we're discussing ideals in this thread. Ideally you'd have a great expanse of farmland and a vehicle that has an excess of speed -- and your ideals are not environmentally friendly.

Never did I say that people sucked, and you shouldn't get too defensive over what I have said, it is just something to think about. Most of the counter-arguments expressed were strawmen and needless to say, excessive. Don't forget recyclable tampons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:05 pm 

chessnut1134 wrote:
You forget that we're discussing ideals in this thread. Ideally you'd have a great expanse of farmland and a vehicle that has an excess of speed -- and your ideals are not environmentally friendly.

Never did I say that people sucked, and you shouldn't get too defensive over what I have said, it is just something to think about. Most of the counter-arguments expressed were strawmen and needless to say, excessive. Don't forget recyclable tampons.

nope i said i'd want a particular car. i already have land. i do farm it....small garden for personal use and a farmed a prarie restoration on it, as well as food plots for animals. whats not environmemtally friendly about that? i took land that was elclusively farmed and turned 90% of it back to its natural state. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 9:23 pm 
New User
New User

Then there is nothing wrong. Please continue. I don't want to seem angsty, but I did see pictures of muscle cars and other sports cars -- who uses their power, anyway? What's the purpose of such a vehicle?

I guess I overreacted. Sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:57 am 

chessnut1134 wrote:
but I did see pictures of muscle cars and other sports cars -- who uses their power, anyway?

I do.

Quote:
What's the purpose of such a vehicle?

To enjoy driving and pick up hot women. Problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:03 am 

*SNORK* Somehow I knew that was coming. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next