EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:03 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Every once in a while I run across things that make me wonder what the heck people were thinking.

Today's ponderings:

Why ship a package from California to Utah to Montana to get to Colorado.. I'm not all that great with geography and such, but I could've sworn Utah was right next to Colorado!

Why do they make sunless tanning lotion smell funny?

Why do people think tofu ice cream is nasty when they haven't even tried it?

Why do reduced fat sour cream and onion pringles taste better than the full fat version?

Why do people ask stupid questions.. for instance if someone has a Star Wars poster and various Star Wars trinkets around their desk someone will always ask "So.. you like Star Wars?". Duh.

Have the Red Hot Chili Peppers really been around for 23 years?! Seems like jsut yesterday when they came out...

oooh I have one for you to ponder..
How does Ori get any work done when she's busy posting on the boards all day? :lol:

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:27 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
Origam
Quote:
Every once in a while I run across things that make me wonder what the heck people were thinking.

Today's ponderings:

Why ship a package from California to Utah to Montana to get to Colorado.. I'm not all that great with geography and such, but I could've sworn Utah was right next to Colorado!


Then why on earth did you do it? :P

Origam
Quote:
Why do they make sunless tanning lotion smell funny?


Why complain if it makes you laugh?

Origam
Quote:
Why do people think tofu ice cream is nasty when they haven't even tried it?


Some things are best left in their original state and ice cream ranks on the top of the list. Anything tofu has no place in the supermarket ice cream case period.

Origam
Quote:
Why do reduced fat sour cream and onion pringles taste better than the full fat version?


Got more preservatives, msg and salt in them?

Origam
Quote:
Why do people ask stupid questions.. for instance if someone has a Star Wars poster and various Star Wars trinkets around their desk someone will always ask "So.. you like Star Wars?". Duh.


Heh. My pet peeve question is "Hihowareyou?" I'm so so sick of Hihowareou? Does anyone really give a crap how you are and do they really care? I'm sick to death of people asking how I am and that's how I'd like to answer them.

origam
Quote:
oooh I have one for you to ponder..
How does Ori get any work done when she's busy posting on the boards all day? :lol:


She does get it done even by the skin of her teeth sometimes cause she knows how to multi task, prioritize, has a brain isn't a dumb ass or an idiot even tho she likes Star Wars and if she didn't have this board to "break" at she'd hang herself from the flourescent light fixture due to a severe case of menialtask-itis.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:38 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Grace wrote:
Then why on earth did you do it? :P

Why complain if it makes you laugh?

Some things are best left in their original state and ice cream ranks on the top of the list. Anything tofu has no place in the supermarket ice cream case period.

Got more preservatives, msg and salt in them?

Heh. My pet peeve question is "Hihowareyou?" I'm so so sick of Hihowareou? Does anyone really give a crap how you are and do they really care? I'm sick to death of people asking how I am and that's how I'd like to answer them.

She does get it done even by the skin of her teeth sometimes cause she knows how to multi task, prioritize, has a brain isn't a dumb ass or an idiot even tho she likes Star Wars and if she didn't have this board to "break" at she'd hang herself from the flourescent light fixture due to a severe case of menialtask-itis.


I didn't ship it.. it's being shipped to me. The next package was even funnier cause it went from Illinois to California to Utah to Montana. ARGH! I want my stuff darnit.

I'm complaining because I can.. it does kind of make me laugh though. :D Have you ever smelled that stuff?

Tofu ice cream rocks. Especially mint chocolate chip tofu ice cream. :) They make rice milk ice cream now too! I may have to pick some up tonight..

Hrm.. could be. Pringles are just good in general though.

Heyy.. I do the "Hihowareyou" thing.. and yeah I do care how you are when I ask. I'm one of those annoying people who tell people to "have a good day" or "have a good one" too. :D

Whats wrong with Star wars?! Skin of my teeth? Hardly.. this stuff is cake and I've already met my quota for the day.. with 6 hours left to go. :shock: But you're right about the rest of it. :D

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:55 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Grace wrote:
Origam
Quote:
Why do people think tofu ice cream is nasty when they haven't even tried it?


Some things are best left in their original state and ice cream ranks on the top of the list. Anything tofu has no place in the supermarket ice cream case period.


Exactly! Ice cream is a sacred thing, and making it out of tofu is blasphemous!

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:56 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Origam wrote:
I didn't ship it.. it's being shipped to me. The next package was even funnier cause it went from Illinois to California to Utah to Montana. ARGH! I want my stuff darnit.


Well stop tracking it and you won't have to know. That's what I do. I have no idea where my packages go before they get here.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:57 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:45 pm
Posts: 10701
Location: S. Fla
Grace wrote: Then why on earth did you do it? :P

Origiam
Quote:
I didn't ship it.. it's being shipped to me. The next package was even funnier cause it went from Illinois to California to Utah to Montana. ARGH! I want my stuff darnit.


Insert siren sound. Joke alert!!

Origam
Quote:
I'm complaining because I can.. it does kind of make me laugh though. :D Have you ever smelled that stuff?


Actually now that you mention it, YES I have smelled self tanning cream. I had completely forgotten about this occasion. We had houseguests from Denmark for a week, a couple. The man we knew well, a very good friend, his girlfriend we were meeting for the first time. "Ooooooohda" (her name but not how it's spelled). So Yan & Oooooooohda show up straight off the plane from Copenhagen, he white as a baby's ass, she orange as a sunset. Oooooooohda apparently went to a tanning bed before the trip to Fla. or so I thought. After a couple days with us, they decided to drive off to Key West for the weekend. Fine by me I was glad to have the privacy. They had left their room and bathroom like Animal House. Soggy towels thrown on the bedroom floor, suitcases flung open with clothes strewn everywhere, bed unmade, etc. No problem maid service has arrived. Picked up the dirty towels and went to tidy the bathroom. Hmmm. Something was amiss. My new lavendar Royal Velvet fingertip SHOW towel was missing from the towel rack. I looked everywhere to no avail. I started cleaning the bathroom and there behind the toilet I noticed my Royal Velveet fingertip towel crunched up laying on the floor. I reach for it and freak out cause there's brown stains all over it. I thought what PIGS they wiped their asses with my Royal Velvet and tossed it behind the toilet!! I thought what the hell do Danes know about show towels they probably used penguin dung to brush their teeth. I picked it up and held it arm's lenght away but I HAD to confirm it was actually poop so I inched it closer to my nose & then realized it was tanning lotion! Oooooooooooda had apparently spilled her self tanning cream and used my towel to sop it up. And tossed it behind the toilet to hide it til her return can you believe it?? That stain never came out I rubbed so hard and so long it turned as white as Yan.


Last edited by Grace on Thu May 18, 2006 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:58 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Archer wrote:
Exactly! Ice cream is a sacred thing, and making it out of tofu is blasphemous!


Tofu ice cream is almost as good as Ben and Jerry's. :twisted:

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:00 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Archer wrote:
Well stop tracking it and you won't have to know. That's what I do. I have no idea where my packages go before they get here.


You do realize that asking me to not track packages just gives me extra time to come up with new stuff to post here.. right? :lol:

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:03 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Grace wrote:
Actually now that you mention it, YES I have smelled self tanning cream. I had completely forgotten about this occasion. We had houseguests from Denmark for a week, a couple. The man we knew well, a very good friend, his girlfriend we were meeting for the first time. "Ooooooohda" (her name but not how it's spelled). So Yan & Oooooooohda show up straight off the plane from Copenhagen, he white as a baby's ass, she orange as a sunset. Oooooooohda apparently went to a tanning bed before the trip to Fla. or so I thought. After a couple days with us, they decided to drive off to Key West for the weekend. Fine by me I was glad to have the privacy. They had left their room and bathroom like Animal House. Soggy towels thrown on the bedroom floor, suitcases flung open with clothes strewn everywhere, bed unmade, etc. No problem maid service has arrived. Picked up the dirty towels and went to tidy the bathroom. Hmmm. Something was amiss. My new lavendar Royal Velvet fingertip SHOW towel was missing from the towel rack. I looked everywhere to no avail. I started cleaning the bathroom and there behind the toilet I noticed my Royal Velveet fingertip towel crunched up laying on the floor. I reach for it and freak out cause there's brown stains all over it. I thought what PIGS they wiped their asses with my Royal Velvet and tossed it behind the toilet!! I thought what the hell do Danes know about show towels they probably used penguin dung to brush their teeth. I picked it up and held it arm's lenght away but I HAD to confirm it was actually poop so I inched it closer to my nose & then realized it was tanning lotion! Oooooooooooda had apparently spilled her self tanning cream and used my towel to sop it up. And tossed it behind the toilet to hide it til her return can you believe it?? That stain never came out I rubbed so hard and so long it turned as white as Yan.


Hahahaha.. I don't know whats funnier the show towel or the penguin dung. :D

Ehh.. I've only used the sunless stuff once, turned me this lovely shade of cheeto orange. The smell.. it's not something you forget though. :)

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:08 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Exactly! Ice cream is a sacred thing, and making it out of tofu is blasphemous!


Tofu ice cream is almost as good as Ben and Jerry's. :twisted:


I wouldn't know. I don't eat either. One's anti-gun and the other is just wrong!

I'll stick to my Blue Bell.

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:16 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:53 am
Posts: 2281
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Exactly! Ice cream is a sacred thing, and making it out of tofu is blasphemous!


Tofu ice cream is almost as good as Ben and Jerry's. :twisted:


I wouldn't know. I don't eat either. One's anti-gun and the other is just wrong!


You mean to tell me that Unilever (they own B&J's) is anti-gun? Can you substantiate that?

-josh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:23 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:34 am
Posts: 6321
Location: Texas
josh knauer wrote:
Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Exactly! Ice cream is a sacred thing, and making it out of tofu is blasphemous!


Tofu ice cream is almost as good as Ben and Jerry's. :twisted:


I wouldn't know. I don't eat either. One's anti-gun and the other is just wrong!


You mean to tell me that Unilever (they own B&J's) is anti-gun? Can you substantiate that?

-josh

This is what I found on Ben & Jerry's website. I don't know about Unilever. Maybe you could explain that to me.

Now, they don't come right out and say that they are anti-gun, but they support the Brady bill which is enough for me.
http://tinyurl.com/z6qyj

_________________
"Yes like I said it all boils down to morals. What you think is right doesn't make a person wrong because they think different ;)" X-Black


Last edited by Archer on Sat May 20, 2006 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:10 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:49 pm
Posts: 6178
Location: Dame Glooy'd Sneefrugs
Archer wrote:
I wouldn't know. I don't eat either. One's anti-gun and the other is just wrong!

I'll stick to my Blue Bell.


Hrm.. oh well, guess I'll have to eat your share of tofu ice cream then. :D

_________________
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much. - Mother Theresa Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group