[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - How was your long weekend?

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:24 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

So how was everyone's weekend? Do anything fun/interesting?

The more I try not to do stuff the busier I get. :shock:

Friday was an adventure.. kind of funny now, but at the time it made me panic. Thursday night driving home from work my check engine light came on.. it's never come on before, and I'm car stupid so to me that's a time to panic. I didn't freak out to much at the time because I had just gotten gas and if you don't put the gas cap on just right it causes all sorts of lights to go on. Fast forward to Friday morning, I needed to run a few errands.. the light goes on. Ugh! Checked the gas cap, it was on right. So then I start to panic. Is it something major? Is it something minor? Oi. My son offers to look under the hood.. so there we are, me and my boy (he's 11 and not much into cars.. if it were a train I would've trusted him more) looking under the hood. The funny part? I just recently figured out how to open the hood of my car.. and I'm looking at the engine like I know what the heck I'm looking at. Heh. Anyway to make a long story short, the goofus that changed the oil on my car and put in a new air filter flubbed the air fliter and the thingymajig that holds it didn't close right. Which brings me to my what the heck moment of the week.. if cars are smart enough to know when there is a problem, why aren't they smart enough to know when the problem is fixed? How come someone has to actually turn off the check engine light?! Thats kinda scary... how do you know if the problem has been fixed?!

Saturday I spent the day running errands, washing dogs, washing cars, planting trees.. and taking care of a baby rabbit. I always knew rabbits burrowed in the ground.. but I didn't know the holes they made were like the size of a vole or ground squirrel hole! I watered some of the trees I had just planted and this thing pops out of the ground, it startled me.. I hate things popping out of the ground. :) It was this itty bitty baby bunny (I have pictures.. just have to download them). Of course my mom and middle sibling decide to pet this rabbit. *sigh* We kept an eye on it checking every hour to see if it had gone into it's hole.. when it hadn't after about 5 hours it was decided that we couldn't leave the poor little bunny out in the cold.. and they bought it in the house. I was all for leaving the thing alone and it'd go back in it's hole.. but what do I know. Anyway, the bunny did what wild bunnies will do when people touch them and bring them in a house.. freaked out. I ended up having to take it outside when everyone went to bed. I'm going to assume that it went back in it's hole. This is another what the heck moment.. did you know vets in hillbilly areas won't take care of wild animals?! Maybe I just got ahold of a grumpy vet or something.. but back in San Diego the vet I took my critters too would take care of wild animals if people bought them in.

Sunday was pretty uneventful. Made oatmeal cookies (yum!) and vegged for the most part...when the phone wasn't ringing off the hook and when the kids would leave me alone. Heh. I think the kids have this sensor that tells them when I get a new cd and want to listen to it.. thats the time they have all sorts of problems. I did the motherly thing though and set them in front of the tv for a couple hours. :D

Yesterday we went to something called "Territory days" here in the springs. It was pretty interesting. I like how they always have some sort of historical re-enactment (my cousin and her husband do those!) and people dressed in period costumes and such.. it makes things more interesting. Oi.. if I never see another cotton candy, funnel cake, candied apple, or fudge I will be ok with that! Bleh.. I'm getting to old for sugar fixes. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 9:36 am 

Good lord.. that turned into a book. :D

Here's the little bunny (I think he ended up being named Snowball after the fat rabbit we rescued in San Diego).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:39 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:46 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:55 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:05 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:18 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

I don't know what it is for, really. I just text message people with it mostly. We live so far out from no where, I don't get any signal out here anyways. If there was an emergency at my house, I could not call my mom or anyone because we have a long distance block on our phone, and no cell phones work out here. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:24 pm