EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:57 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

What do you get when you combine really cheap wine with even cheaper beer, venison and rabbit meat, pictionary, and a bunch of crabby people?

My family reunion.

Oi. I'm dreading this Saturday... not so much because of the cheap wine and beer.. and I can even tolerate pictionary and crabby people, but being v*getarian in my family is like saying budweiser and coors suck... it's the ultimate sin. :lol: Shoot.. even the potato salad has meat in it at these family reunions. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:02 am 

Heh, sounds like fun to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:07 am 

Archer wrote:
Heh, sounds like fun to me.

You can go instead of me! Family reunions in San Diego were much easier.. we didn't have them! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:58 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Most of my family is either gone or not talking to each other so that is not a problem. My wife's family has a reunion every year to which we are obligated to attend. The only good thing is that most of them cannot get parole at the same time ... :lol: :o :D

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:02 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
The only good thing is that most of them cannot get parole at the same time ... :lol: :o :D

:lol:

I think all my relatives have gotten past their parole/probation periods. Dang!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:01 pm 

I suggest you pack your own lunch. You're gonna be hungry. I don't know why anyone would ruin potato salad by putting meat in it. I was just thinking about that last night. Ironically I made a quick potato salad (recipe to follow) and recalled one at a friend's BBQ which had bacon in it. :-k

Quick Potato Salad for 2

Nuke 3 med. potatoes w/skin for about 5 min. (pierce first)
Cut in quarters & chill in fridge about 15 min
Hard boil 2 eggs - chill 15 min.
Dice celery, onion, green bell pepper (or red)

Dressing: 3 tablespoons mayo, spritz of Italian dressing, good sprinkle of dry mustard, salt, pepper. (or you can use a spritz of vinegar instead of dressing, but add a pinch of sugar). Mix til creamy.

Finish cutting up the chilled potatoes w/skin. Throw into a bowl. Dice up the eggs. Throw into bowl. Add diced veggies, dressing, mix & finish with paprika on top.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:11 pm 

Heh.. I like the potato salad I make. :D Lots of mustard, some mayo, steamed potatoes diced up, lots of onion, some seasonings, and a couple hard boiled eggs. Everyone likes it. The relatives put bacon in their potato salad.

I think I'll skip on the packing a lunch, it'll give me an excuse to leave earlier and theres a restaurant out that way I want to try anyway. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:56 pm 

Potato salad is nasty no matter what you put in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:59 pm 

Archer wrote:
Potato salad is nasty no matter what you put in it.

*tsk* Now you sound like Grace about tofu. I didn't like potato salad much until I started tweaking mom's recipe to suit my tastes and now I like it. :)

Pasta salad is another thing the relatives put meat in.. they put salami or pepperoni in it! Ick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:06 pm 

I suppose I could tweak a potato salad recipe.

Lots of meat, cut the potato salad. Hey, that works!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:29 pm 

Archer wrote:
I suppose I could tweak a potato salad recipe.

Lots of meat, cut the potato salad. Hey, that works!

Holy smokes.. are you one of my relatives?! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:07 pm 

whats so bad about it if they have lots of meat? i mean bring your own food no big deal. are you against eating meat or do you just not like it? ive never had bacon in potato salad...but it could be decent.

there's got to be acouple cousins or something that you would wanna talk to....just hang with them. if there aren't any.....don't go. what could a possible reason be in which you would go to a place where there is nobody you'd care to be around, no food you consider decent and no fun activities?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:16 pm 

Just drink the Bud and the Coors. That's vegetarian!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:23 pm 

Quit harshing my buzz man.

wijim wrote:
whats so bad about it if they have lots of meat? i mean bring your own food no big deal. are you against eating meat or do you just not like it? ive never had bacon in potato salad...but it could be decent.

They can eat meat if they want.. I choose not to. As for bringing my own food.. why do that when I can leave a little earlier if I don't? :) Besides I don't think tofu-ka-bobs would go over well with them. :lol:

wijim wrote:
there's got to be acouple cousins or something that you would wanna talk to....just hang with them. if there aren't any.....don't go. what could a possible reason be in which you would go to a place where there is nobody you'd care to be around, no food you consider decent and no fun activities?

Err.. where did I ever say I didn't like my relatives? I'm picking on my relatives.. it's something we do back and forth for fun. We're loud, sarcastic, annoying, and enjoy poking fun at each other. They tease me about going off the road to avoid hitting rabbits and I tease them about eating roadkill. I like my relatives, they're just different than what I'm used too.. they're country and I'm city. We're getting used to each other. :)

As for the reason to go, it was a special request from my dad that I attend since he can't. Something about the relatives liking me. D*mn, that means I'm gonig to be hugged. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:25 pm 

SiberD wrote:
Just drink the Bud and the Coors. That's vegetarian!

True enough! Or I could bring some decent beer and watch the men folk have a fit. :D