EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:33 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

hunter88 wrote:
Quote:
grace wrote
Oh Pfffffft. Well I've got a book shelf AND a fax machine and 2 side chairs. And a name plate ON my door.

Quote:
Wayne wrote
I have a set of bookshelves, three filing cabinets four conference leather chairs, TWO trash cans and a second printer in mine

On my door are the holders for the important messages, the MORE important stuff, and a bunch of notes for back up.

You're both rank amateurs.

You cannot see the top of my desk, and my computer desk right beside it is about as bad. The desks sit in what in they called the living room, but it isn't used since I also have a family room. So the room has plenty of other stuff piled up around the desk.

And Wayne, just in case you think you have a shot. I'm not married, so I have no one around to tell me to pick things up. :lol: It's tough to compete with a guy that doesn't have that female influence around to keep him in line.

By the way my computer desk is just 6 feet away from the fridge and the chair has wheels.

I only have that at home, which is why those desks are not a messy as the ones at work. My wife says that my office is a mess but that is the extent of it .... :lol: I even have a chalk board in the hallway in front of my office door so I can work out problems where I need some extra room.

PS at work you cannot see the top of either of the desks, conference table, book shelves, filing cabinets or even the extra printer (several layers) :shock:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:37 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
hunter88
Quote:
You're both rank amateurs.

You cannot see the top of my desk, and my computer desk right beside it is about as bad. The desks sit in what in they called the living room, but it isn't used since I also have a family room. So the room has plenty of other stuff piled up around the desk.

And Wayne, just in case you think you have a shot. I'm not married, so I have no one around to tell me to pick things up. :lol: It's tough to compete with a guy that doesn't have that female influence around to keep him in line.

By the way my computer desk is just 6 feet away from the fridge and the chair has wheels.

Looks sorta like this? :wink:

Who cleaned up? There is still room for more stuff!!!

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:40 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Mine isn't quite that bad. But then most of my mess is paper related not computer related.

Of course there is that dang dust. I read that dust mites are sentient beings, so I threw out my Lemon Pledge. I prefer a natural sentient being friendly approach. I open up two windows on a windy day. It is best not to stand downwind of my house after a prolonged calm spell. At least not without a dust mask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:11 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

My locker is worse. I remember the last day of school... I was trying to clean it out but I just left everything in it, it was that bad. I mean, I was going through some of the stuff and I found like 10 empty water bottles and I even found a can opener!!! :o I even found an Elmo and Ernie doll. And the Elmo's eyes were ripped off. I think someone knew my combination and was putting stuff in there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:54 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

hunter88 wrote:
Mine isn't quite that bad. But then most of my mess is paper related not computer related.

Of course there is that dang dust. I read that dust mites are sentient beings, so I threw out my Lemon Pledge. I prefer a natural sentient being friendly approach. I open up two windows on a windy day. It is best not to stand downwind of my house after a prolonged calm spell. At least not without a dust mask.

Hey I use my leaf blower to clean out my truck and the garage but my wife thinks it is too loud for inside no matter how well I think it would work.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:00 am 

I've got a computer, phone, tape dispenser, stapler, a couple U.S. flags, some hunting magazines, a brick and copper piece from a charge and a 1" thick piece of I beam from the building we imploded, and several plants. It's fairly neat and organized since I don't do much paper work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:07 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Archer wrote:
I've got a computer, phone, tape dispenser, stapler, a couple U.S. flags, some hunting magazines, a brick and copper piece from a charge and a 1" thick piece of I beam from the building we imploded, and several plants. It's fairly neat and organized since I don't do much paper work.

For some reason this reminded me of the movie "Office Space" where the guy had been fired but still showed up and wanted his stapler ... a Swingline. (I have a person similar to that one working for me too ... very odd coincidence)

If you have not seen the movie you should it is soooo funny and hits the corporate IT and service industries hard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:07 am 

Quote:
Hey I use my leaf blower to clean out my truck and the garage but my wife thinks it is too loud for inside no matter how well I think it would work.

A leaf blower, now I like that idea. Wouldn't even have to wait for windy days. And if I reversed it and ran it across the top of my desk, no more paperwork problem.

See this is something only a guy would think of. I'm just not sure if that makes us creative or lazy. And yes ladies we all know what you think. After all you tell us all the time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:13 am 

hunter88 wrote:
A leaf blower, now I like that idea. Wouldn't even have to wait for windy days. And if I reversed it and ran it across the top of my desk, no more paperwork problem.

See this is something only a guy would think of. I'm just not sure if that makes us creative or lazy. And yes ladies we all know what you think. After all you tell us all the time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ladies? (looks around) Where?!

Leaf blowers don't get rid of paperwork.. just makes it more messy, what you need is one of those things that turns stuff into mulch. Use the leaf blower to blow the stuff off the desk into the mulch thing and viola no more paperwork. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:14 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

hunter88 wrote:
Quote:

It gets all of that stuff the vacuum has trouble reaching, like under seats where few hoses reach, and the dust bunnies are all toast .. not to mention it is a blast cleaning anything with that much power. It beats the old pressure washer too because you had to watch out of the upholstery and electronics with the water spray.

A few decades ago when trucks only had a rubber mat in the floor we would pull the truck halfway across a ford when the water was a little high and open both doors. The water cleaned out the cab nicely, but that is no longer an acceptable means of cleaning for several reasons.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:15 am 

redfurrymonster84 wrote:
My locker is worse. I remember the last day of school... I was trying to clean it out but I just left everything in it, it was that bad. I mean, I was going through some of the stuff and I found like 10 empty water bottles and I even found a can opener!!! :o I even found an Elmo and Ernie doll. And the Elmo's eyes were ripped off. I think someone knew my combination and was putting stuff in there...

You kids have it easy now-a-days. We had lockers back when I went to school, but weren't allowed to use them because people might use it to store weapons or drugs. 'Course, that might be because I went to school in some pretty bad areas. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:16 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Origam wrote:
hunter88 wrote:

Ladies? (looks around) Where?!

Leaf blowers don't get rid of paperwork.. just makes it more messy, what you need is one of those things that turns stuff into mulch. Use the leaf blower to blow the stuff off the desk into the mulch thing and viola no more paperwork. :D

Many leaf blowers when reversed become huge leaf vacuums, which is the effect I think Hunter was referencing ... :D

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:16 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
It gets all of that stuff the vacuum has trouble reaching, like under seats where few hoses reach, and the dust bunnies are all toast .. not to mention it is a blast cleaning anything with that much power. It beats the old pressure washer too because you had to watch out of the upholstery and electronics with the water spray.

A few decades ago when trucks only had a rubber mat in the floor we would pull the truck halfway across a ford when the water was a little high and open both doors. The water cleaned out the cab nicely, but that is no longer an acceptable means of cleaning for several reasons.

Wow.. you know, I don't think that a leaf blower would work in my car. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:18 am 

Geez.. Grace, that picture you posted reminds me an awful lot of my ex and his buddy Rich's "work" stations. :shock: Except it needs lots more computer guts and beer cans. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:19 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Origam wrote:
redfurrymonster84 wrote:

You kids have it easy now-a-days. We had lockers back when I went to school, but weren't allowed to use them because people might use it to store weapons or drugs. 'Course, that might be because I went to school in some pretty bad areas. :lol:

We had lockers too, but they were at a different school so we have to walk five miles to get to our locker ... in the snow ... uphill BOTH ways.

(Actually the cafeteria was at a different school when I went to High School and you only had to walk about 1/2 mile but it was uphill and had about 100 steps to climb)

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next