EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:33 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

President Castro criticized the US military air strike that fatally wounded Zarqawi as"barbarity" saying all accused criminals deserve a trial. "The accused cannot just be eliminated" he said. "This barbarity cannot be done".

:shock:

Where the hell was he when people were having their heads sawed off at the hands of Zarqawi w/o a trial?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:49 pm 

Grace wrote:
"The accused cannot just be eliminated" he said.

Yes they can. We just did it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:07 pm 

Quote:
President Castro criticized the US military air strike that fatally wounded Zarqawi as"barbarity" saying all accused criminals deserve a trial. "The accused cannot just be eliminated" he said. "This barbarity cannot be done".

Where the hell was he when people were having their heads sawed off at the hands of Zarqawi w/o a trial?

You know it's one thing when he says it. But I hate it when some of our own, in our own country, make it seem like we were the bad guys for getting this guy.

I'm just glad he lived long enough to know he'd been gotten, and who got him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:25 pm 

Poor old Castro, as if he hasn't done a lot of "eliminating" himself. Poor Zarqwari, it really breaks me up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:54 am 

Would've been nice to take him alive.. see if anyone could get him to talk. Wow.. never thought I'd kind of agree with Castro, I must need some coffee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:09 am 

accused criminal?????

He had already admitted to doing the crimes. Why should he have deserved a trial? Did he give Nick Berg one before he crudely cut his head off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:31 pm 

SiberD wrote:
accused criminal?????

He had already admitted to doing the crimes. Why should he have deserved a trial? Did he give Nick Berg one before he crudely cut his head off?

Think Dahmer gave his victims a trial? Did the Son of Sam give his victims a peer jury?

We all yap about "fair" and such.. we don't think it was fair that 9/11 happened, we don't think it was fair that innocent people were beheaded at the whim of a mad man, we don't think it's fair that our men and women are being killed over there. I wonder how fair the people of Iraq think it is when we went over and pretty much took over their country.. how fair is it that hundreds of their men and women are killed all the time because of the war we declared on terrorism, how fair is it that they live in fear of their lives? We as a nation are very hypocritical when it comes to "fair" and "just".

I'm pretty sure this will be taken the wrong way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:10 pm 

Quote:
I wonder how fair the people of Iraq think it is when we went over and pretty much took over their country.. how fair is it that hundreds of their men and women are killed all the time because of the war we declared on terrorism, how fair is it that they live in fear of their lives?.

Fair questions but so far as Zarqawi is concerned not applicable. He's not even an citizen of Iraq and in fact, was behind the stirring up of ethnic uprisings by targeting mosques. He was trying to start a sunni/shiite war on top of all that is happening. Good riddance to the f##k ass hole.

And, btw, it wouldn't have bothered me much to have had Dahmer or the son of Sam taken out back and summarily shot in the head before their trials. Would've saved a lot of money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:25 pm 

SiberD wrote:
Good riddance to the f##k ass hole.

Indeed.

SiberD wrote:
And, btw, it wouldn't have bothered me much to have had Dahmer or the son of Sam taken out back and summarily shot in the head before their trials. Would've saved a lot of money.

*TSK TSK* That's not the American way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:31 pm 

Origam wrote:
SiberD wrote:
accused criminal?????

Think Dahmer gave his victims a trial? Did the Son of Sam give his victims a peer jury?

We all yap about "fair" and such.. we don't think it was fair that 9/11 happened, we don't think it was fair that innocent people were beheaded at the whim of a mad man, we don't think it's fair that our men and women are being killed over there. I wonder how fair the people of Iraq think it is when we went over and pretty much took over their country.. how fair is it that hundreds of their men and women are killed all the time because of the war we declared on terrorism, how fair is it that they live in fear of their lives? We as a nation are very hypocritical when it comes to "fair" and "just".

I'm pretty sure this will be taken the wrong way.

I agree. We've got Bushy to blame. I think by the time we pull out of there, we'll have alienated every Iraqi citizen against the U.S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:35 pm 

Grace wrote:
I agree. We've got Bushy to blame. I think by the time we pull out of there, we'll have alienated every Iraqi citizen against the U.S.

I don't think it's just Bush. We were hated before he came into office. Granted he didn't help though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:35 pm 

Iraqi body count

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:47 pm 

Origam wrote:

Nothing is any more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:50 pm 

Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:

Nothing is any more.

What about apple pie? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:20 pm 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:

Nothing is any more.

What about apple pie? :D

You know, I think that was the last pure thing we still had....until that dang movie. :?