EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

Sending jobs overseas..
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2760
Page 2 of 4

Author:  Archer [ Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:56 am ]
Post subject: 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
It's fourth on my list of things that are better than men. :lol:


I'm sure that's a lengthy list.

Author:  Origam [ Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:14 am ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
I'm sure that's a lengthy list.


Nope.. actually there are only 12 things on it. :D

Author:  Origam [ Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Woo-hoo.. two more cities got tossed in the mix. San Francisco and Tuscon, AZ.

I think it's a toss up between Dallas (cause it's a 12hour drive home and I could come home on weekends) or Los Angeles because it's just a couple hours away from San Diego and I could visit friends and Nana on weekends.

Hrm.

I still wish they'd tell me if it were India or the Phillipines so I could take a class or two on the languages. *sigh* I know they speak english but it'd be nice to learn a few phrases!

Author:  Archer [ Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

There's no toss up there!

Author:  Origam [ Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
There's no toss up there!


There isn't? Hrm.. LA got a few more bonus points because one of my good friends is willing to drive up and see me during the week as well as on weekends... but he'd probably bring his work with him, so maybe it just lost some bonus points.

I should flip a coin, heads LA.. tails Dallas. :D

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:40 am ]
Post subject: 

Origam wrote:
I should flip a coin, heads LA.. tails Dallas. :D


Okay, do that.

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:50 am ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
Okay, do that.


Ugh. I hate flipping coins, it involves to much physical labor. :D

Dallas wins. I hate LA traffic and I'm going to San Diego in September anyway.. that and it's closer to home. Lord I hope they don't deepfry their salads there like they do in Houston!

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:08 am ]
Post subject: 

I don't know much about Dallas except that I don't like the place. Fort Worth is so much nicer. They don't deep fry salads here, anyway. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do there, though.

When do you make the trip?

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:15 am ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
I don't know much about Dallas except that I don't like the place. Fort Worth is so much nicer. They don't deep fry salads here, anyway. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do there, though.

When do you make the trip?


End of October or early November.
*chuckle* Friend of mine in TX is already looking up bird stores for me to visit. :shock:

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:23 am ]
Post subject: 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
I don't know much about Dallas except that I don't like the place. Fort Worth is so much nicer. They don't deep fry salads here, anyway. I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to do there, though.

When do you make the trip?


End of October or early November.
*chuckle* Friend of mine in TX is already looking up bird stores for me to visit. :shock:


Good, the weather should be fairly pleasant (with a strong emphasis on should). I don't know any good stores, but if you want to come all the way out to Springtown, I can show you a lot of nice waterfowl and one pair of African Grays.

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:31 am ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
Good, the weather should be fairly pleasant (with a strong emphasis on should). I don't know any good stores, but if you want to come all the way out to Springtown, I can show you a lot of nice waterfowl and one pair of African Grays.


Texas gets pleasant weather? I've always heard it's either hot and humid or hot and dry.. :D

I love African Greys! Man.. I miss having birds around. :(

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:51 am ]
Post subject: 

Yeah, every once in a while, we get a glimpse of Spring, Fall, or Winter.

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:57 am ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
Yeah, every once in a while, we get a glimpse of Spring, Fall, or Winter.


We get all four seasons here... although I could do without the snow in May!! :D

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Yeah, every once in a while, we get a glimpse of Spring, Fall, or Winter.


We get all four seasons here... although I could do without the snow in May!! :D


I'd gladly take snow in May. And I would gladly take your summers too.

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
I'd gladly take snow in May. And I would gladly take your summers too.


You can have the snow in May, but I like the summers here. I spend most of my time (other than being cooped up at work) outside in the Summer soaking up the sun. :D I like it because it's pretty dry here and the heat feels good.

Page 2 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/