Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:10 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Patio?

Wayne
Quote:
Yes, and a screened porch

=P~ (my dream & current top criteria as we search for a new home)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:19 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
Patio?

Wayne
Quote:

With this climate it is almost a year round room ... 3/4 year at least but with the state bird being the mosquito .... you learn quickly. Our last house we added a deck and hot tub and then had to enclose it in order to use the tub during most of the year due to the bugs. This house had several key points, one of which was the porch which is about 12 X 18 and faces the "side" street instead of the main street. The next house will have such a porch or the place in which to build one. :wink:

Just got back form the beach for a weekend getaway and spent most of the evenings on the screened porch there too. The only problem was it was not built big enough and there would be no way to expand it. :cry:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:38 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Grace wrote:
Patio?

Wayne
Quote:

With this climate it is almost a year round room ... 3/4 year at least but with the state bird being the mosquito .... you learn quickly. Our last house we added a deck and hot tub and then had to enclose it in order to use the tub during most of the year due to the bugs. This house had several key points, one of which was the porch which is about 12 X 18 and faces the "side" street instead of the main street. The next house will have such a porch or the place in which to build one. :wink:

Just got back form the beach for a weekend getaway and spent most of the evenings on the screened porch there too. The only problem was it was not built big enough and there would be no way to expand it. :cry:

I thought our state bird was the mosquito :?: Bet yours don't sport Reeboks. We have stock in Cutters. :wink:

Aside from the sqweetos, I'd love for the cats to have a huge screened area they could come & go 24/7 w/a little cat flap and be safe. As it is I let them out in the early a.m. & after work on supervised watches and 45 min. yard duty sucks when it's hot, sticky & the state bird is draining your blood. Not to mention I'm protecting every gecko, bird and squirrel who all congregate to our fence & yard (cause I feed 'em which is stupid I'm inviting them to commit suicide). Now we have 3 fledgling doves in a palm tree about to leave their nest so I'm policing their movements. Cats will be grounded during their first flights. Screened porches are the best thing since Baskin Robins Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:52 am 

Quote:
Not to mention I'm protecting every gecko, bird and squirrel who all congregate to our fence & yard (cause I feed 'em which is stupid I'm inviting them to commit suicide).

I think we may be related! :shock:

My mom and sibling feed the wild rabbits and all the other ground dwelling creatures as well as the birds. I'm waiting until the coyotes, falcons, hawks, and other predators figure out that the food is at our house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:30 am 

Hey, I like your sig a lot, Ori.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:32 am 

Archer wrote:

It's kind of fitting.. seeing as I'm darn near a saint. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:33 am 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

It's kind of fitting.. seeing as I'm darn near a saint. :D

The way I see it, you must be a heck of a saint. Cause I'm sure you have a heck of a past.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:47 am 

Archer wrote:
The way I see it, you must be a heck of a saint. Cause I'm sure you have a heck of a past.

:lol: I'll have you know, I'm sweet, innocent, and pure. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:07 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Grace wrote:
Patio?

Wayne
Quote:

I thought our state bird was the mosquito :?: Bet yours don't sport Reeboks. We have stock in Cutters. :wink:

Aside from the sqweetos, I'd love for the cats to have a huge screened area they could come & go 24/7 w/a little cat flap and be safe. As it is I let them out in the early a.m. & after work on supervised watches and 45 min. yard duty sucks when it's hot, sticky & the state bird is draining your blood. Not to mention I'm protecting every gecko, bird and squirrel who all congregate to our fence & yard (cause I feed 'em which is stupid I'm inviting them to commit suicide). Now we have 3 fledgling doves in a palm tree about to leave their nest so I'm policing their movements. Cats will be grounded during their first flights. Screened porches are the best thing since Baskin Robins Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Ahh yes, we have a dog/cat door that goes from the laundry room onto the porch. The dogs use it during the day and the cats use it at night after the dogs have gone to sleep and do not bother them.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:35 am 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

:lol: I'll have you know, I'm sweet, innocent, and pure. :twisted:

Yeah, now you are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:40 am 

Archer wrote:
Yeah, now you are.

Always have been! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:52 am 

Wayne
Quote:
As it is I
Ahh yes, we have a dog/cat door that goes from the laundry room onto the porch. The dogs use it during the day and the cats use it at night after the dogs have gone to sleep and do not bother them.

Ah quit braggin already!!

=P~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:51 pm 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Yeah, now you are.

Always have been! :wink:

Sweet? Okay, I'll give you that one. Pure? Can't say for sure, but I have my doubts. Innocent?! That's where I draw the line. I know better than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:02 pm 

Archer wrote:
Sweet? Okay, I'll give you that one. Pure? Can't say for sure, but I have my doubts. Innocent?! That's where I draw the line. I know better than that.

Innocent until proven guilty.. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:41 pm 

Grace wrote:
What style is your home (single family, apt, duplex, ranch, barn, etc.)?

2 story, 1 story? single story modified ranch finished basement with east side open (not underground) with picture windows and 1 two story window.

Carpeted? yep If so, what color? tan upstairs plain high quality karistan, beige downstairs berber with brown flecks. Tile? master bath all tile plus a walk in shower (8'x8') with matching tile Wood? entryways plus dining room and a walkway from living room to halway and kitchen...all cherry with natural clearcoat.

What sort of decor do you have? not finished ecorating yet...lol....but here goes: what is finished is:
living room carpeted, walls are rag rolled with scrolled musical bars painted on over the piano with the music of "fur elise" and "the entertainer" there is an 8' picture window with a 18" operating casement on each side. the furniture colors are pretty wild....the sofa is plum, one chair is deep magenta, another is deep olive, and the third sitting chair is a design called "picasso" which has the colors matching the sofa and other chairs plus a few others. our kitchen entry is a wall of murals with coves painted in with each coave containing a hand painted vase. into the kitchen..it is completely open with kitchen appliance are and a large island (8'x4') then a step down into the dining room on cherry flooring (matches kitchen cabinetry) with a dark oak dining set that seats 10. the kitchen has the upper portion of the two story window that starts in the basement (or more accurately the lower level) plus two 10' picture windows plus fench doors out onto the covered patio. the kids rooms...well sons is done up in moose an bears with an antique looking upper boarder...and moose and bear tracks trailing up and down his walls. my daughters room is changing as we speak to a preteen style....i wont go into it. the master bedroom is all african themed with wooden masks, tapestries, wrought iron sculptues and vases. (the master br is huge...20'x20') a large worn looking armoir, matching bedside tables with marble tops a 6 drawer dresser plus an ornate antique looking bedset that matches the rest of the furniture. the master bath is all sand colored with tikle etc with a walk-in shower that is made of tile and glass block. which leads into the walk in closet. the lower level rec room has big screen tv...humongus cushy furniture a big lazy boy, a big double chair and matching sofa that is a deep olive color....an indian (like east asian) wall hanging tapestry hangs above the couch....the rest of that room is all windows overlooking the feild and woods. the spare bedroom is plain witha futo and literally has no decor. the basement bathroom is black tile high sheen floor, 6' shower bay white vanity and white toilet with a brightly colored (festive mexican) fish thing going on.
Or what's your style?
um you get the picture

Do you have a backyard? yes...its about 3/4 acre mowed and landscaped...the rest of my back yard consists of natural prarie and woods Patio? yep.....covered 20'x24' cobble stone brick Front porch? over hang with a flower bed no closed in porch

What's your sofa like and what color is it? i covered that..its purple

Are you a white wall person or do you like color? depends on the room

If you had an unlimited budget, what would you improve or buy for it? i'd just finish decorating it in general.