EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:05 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Grace wrote:
What style is your home (single family, apt, duplex, ranch, barn, etc.)?

2 story, 1 story? [single story main house, Earthship up 3']

Carpeted? If so, what color? Tile? Wood? [green carpet main, Green painted concrete in "garage", brown fake mex tile cut concrete in Earthship]

What sort of decor do you have? Or what's your style?[ Southwestern stylings with log cabin partial exterior]

Do you have a backyard? Patio? Front porch?[backyard has storage shed of wood, full hip roof, and archery range, small colored concrete patio in front of Earthship, and small pitch matched front porch w/45* log supports]

What's your sofa like and what color is it?[brown leather two section lazyboy type]

Are you a white wall person or do you like color?[white heavy texture]

If you had an unlimited budget, what would you improve or buy for it?
[complete demo of the whole place and rebuild as large two or three tiered Earthship, now that I also have the lot next door]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:59 pm 

wijim wrote:
Grace wrote:
What style is your home (single family, apt, duplex, ranch, barn, etc.)?

2 story, 1 story? single story modified ranch finished basement with east side open (not underground) with picture windows and 1 two story window.

Carpeted? yep If so, what color? tan upstairs plain high quality karistan, beige downstairs berber with brown flecks. Tile? master bath all tile plus a walk in shower (8'x8') with matching tile Wood? entryways plus dining room and a walkway from living room to halway and kitchen...all cherry with natural clearcoat.

What sort of decor do you have? not finished ecorating yet...lol....but here goes: what is finished is:
living room carpeted, walls are rag rolled with scrolled musical bars painted on over the piano with the music of "fur elise" and "the entertainer" there is an 8' picture window with a 18" operating casement on each side. the furniture colors are pretty wild....the sofa is plum, one chair is deep magenta, another is deep olive, and the third sitting chair is a design called "picasso" which has the colors matching the sofa and other chairs plus a few others. our kitchen entry is a wall of murals with coves painted in with each coave containing a hand painted vase. into the kitchen..it is completely open with kitchen appliance are and a large island (8'x4') then a step down into the dining room on cherry flooring (matches kitchen cabinetry) with a dark oak dining set that seats 10. the kitchen has the upper portion of the two story window that starts in the basement (or more accurately the lower level) plus two 10' picture windows plus fench doors out onto the covered patio. the kids rooms...well sons is done up in moose an bears with an antique looking upper boarder...and moose and bear tracks trailing up and down his walls. my daughters room is changing as we speak to a preteen style....i wont go into it. the master bedroom is all african themed with wooden masks, tapestries, wrought iron sculptues and vases. (the master br is huge...20'x20') a large worn looking armoir, matching bedside tables with marble tops a 6 drawer dresser plus an ornate antique looking bedset that matches the rest of the furniture. the master bath is all sand colored with tikle etc with a walk-in shower that is made of tile and glass block. which leads into the walk in closet. the lower level rec room has big screen tv...humongus cushy furniture a big lazy boy, a big double chair and matching sofa that is a deep olive color....an indian (like east asian) wall hanging tapestry hangs above the couch....the rest of that room is all windows overlooking the feild and woods. the spare bedroom is plain witha futo and literally has no decor. the basement bathroom is black tile high sheen floor, 6' shower bay white vanity and white toilet with a brightly colored (festive mexican) fish thing going on.
Or what's your style?
um you get the picture

Do you have a backyard? yes...its about 3/4 acre mowed and landscaped...the rest of my back yard consists of natural prarie and woods Patio? yep.....covered 20'x24' cobble stone brick Front porch? over hang with a flower bed no closed in porch

What's your sofa like and what color is it? i covered that..its purple

Are you a white wall person or do you like color? depends on the room

If you had an unlimited budget, what would you improve or buy for it? i'd just finish decorating it in general.

=P~ =P~

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:03 pm 

Oh, fur elise. That's one of my favorites.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:10 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
Wayne
Quote:
As it is I
Ahh yes, we have a dog/cat door that goes from the laundry room onto the porch. The dogs use it during the day and the cats use it at night after the dogs have gone to sleep and do not bother them.

Ah quit braggin already!!

=P~

:P Just trying to tell you the screened in porch with pet access really makes for some happy pets ... :P :P

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:16 pm 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Grace wrote:
Wayne
Quote:
As it is I
Ahh yes, we have a dog/cat door that goes from the laundry room onto the porch. The dogs use it during the day and the cats use it at night after the dogs have gone to sleep and do not bother them.

Ah quit braggin already!!

=P~

:P Just trying to tell you the screened in porch with pet access really makes for some happy pets ... :P :P

oiy. Good thing my cats can't read. Yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:28 am 

Archer wrote:

i used to enjoy it until my son played it to death.....i mean TO DEATH......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:02 am 

wijim wrote:
Archer wrote:

I can understand that. I've always wanted to play the piano. I think I'm going to learn the banjo instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:37 am 

wijim wrote:

Heh.. I wonder if thats why my family is sick of hearing the M.A.S.H. tune? :D I guess theres only so many times you can hear that played on the violin without going nuts though.. :D