EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:53 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Perhaps it's just me.. but I don't get this whole reality tv craze. I don't understand what can be so interesting about watching a bunch of people make fools of themselves and all the drama... at least on tv anyway. And man do people get totally immersed in this stuff! I made the mistake of saying something bad about American Idol at work and I thought perhaps I had spoken some incantation that released the hounds of hades by accident! They make a reality tv show for everything now too.. from some insane dude running a restaurant to a bunch of idiots who think their relationships will be better off if they go to some island in the middle of nowhere, kept seperate from their SO and put in the midst of a bunch of beautiful people of the opposite sex. Crazy stuff.

What happened to MUSIC television? You can't turn on MTV or VH1 without it being some stupid reality show, some sitcom or some docudrama type stuff. Back in my day MTV played music all the time, not just at 2am! Perhaps they should change their names to "DTV" and "RH1" (Drama Television and Reality Hits 1).

Ugh.