EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:51 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Yesterday I was sitting in the kitchen yapping with mom and some new Dixie Chicks song came on the radio and I mentioned that I actually liked that song. The look on my little girls' face was priceless.. almost like I had said we won the lottery or something. Anyway she leaned over to my mom and quietly asked her "Does this mean the world is going to end?". :lol:

Last Friday my sister and I took the kids to a mining museum. I was giving my sister a bad time about snakes.. because she's terrified of them and because she kept hearing this "rattling" sound. As I'm giving her a bad time I step next to this hole and somethnig moved inside it. Scared the heck out of me and I don't think I've ever moved qutie that fast before. :D I did manage to move quickly without spilling my drink though! :lol: Turned out to be a ground squirrel.. stupid squirrel. We did get a few people asking if we were ok because we were laughing so much. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:50 pm 

I'd tell you an amusing story, but I can't think of any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:52 pm 

Archer wrote:

That's because you're amusing without having to try! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:54 pm 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

That's because you're amusing without having to try! :D

Oh, thank you....hey, wait a minute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:55 pm 

Archer wrote:
Oh, thank you....hey, wait a minute.

See! :D :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:28 pm 

Once I drove to a strip mall to get a manicure then go grocery shopping next door. When I pulled into the parking spot and shut off the car, I realized I had forgotten to put shoes on. I had to drive back home for shoes.

Once I pulled into a self serve gas station. You had to pay first before pumping. I went inside and paid. Came back out & drove away. 10 minutes later I realized I'd forgotten to get gas! I sped back there like a bat outta hell. The pump was still prompting me to pump. The guy inside was scratching his head.

Once our black cat Sara was waiting by the door to come back inside. I let her in. A few minutes later I heard a big cat fight in the living room. Ran in to see everyone puffed up and hissing at the black cat, who wasn't Sara.

Once, first day on the job (not this one) I went in to sit with my new boss and get oriented. He was an imposing figure, everyone afraid of him, very stern and mean (went through 14 assistants in a year). He was hell to work for. I was so nervous when I went to sit down in front of his desk my hand hit his huge framed picture of his stupid daughter and it went crashing to the floor not before taking a few other doo dads with it on the way. I felt like Lucille Ball. He just gave me a look like dumbass. I don't think I saw that man smile in the 14 mos. I worked for him. His face would truly crack.

Once my boss was calling in and I answered the phone "hi honey". (He and my husband have the same exchange on the first 3 digits of their phone. I have caller ID display and didn't pay attn. to the last digits).

Once I made a carrot cake and forgot the carrots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:29 pm 

I know something amusing happened over the fourth, but I can't seem to remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:42 pm 

Archer wrote:
I know something amusing happened over the fourth, but I can't seem to remember.

Kind of young to have old timers memory loss aren't ya?

Last edited by Origam on Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:45 pm 

Those are too funny Grace! :D

The Sara thing reminds me of how we got Butterscotch. Some lady drove up and asked my kids if we owned an orange cat and showed them the cat.. and the kids said yep it was ours! Ugh. Ended up with 6 kittens out of that. :shock:

The "Hi Honey" thing reminds me of one of the guys at work.. somehow he goofed up the phonebook in his cellphone and had my line at work as his wifes number.. oi, I answered and he started talking dirty. :shock: :D We never let him live that down at work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:50 pm 

Ooh.. my pal just reminded me of the pants dropping incidents. :D :lol:

Never run after a dog when your pants are loose. Also never climb on a counter and reach above you when your pants are loose. And never carry two armfulls of stuff wheny our pants are loose. Either that or hope that whomever you moon has either a good sense of humor or likes you. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:07 pm 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

I feel old, and people tell me I act like an old man.

Wow, Grace, I don't remember you being blonde. Those are funny, and your black cat incident reminds me of a guy my dad knows. He raises a few big cats, and he has a female cougar. One night he comes home from work and sees her on top of her pen. He reaches up to grab her by the collar and put her back in, and she swipes him pretty good on the arm. When he sees that the claws drew blood, he thinks, "That's weird, she's been declawed." So he tells his wife to turn on the outside light. That's when he sees his cat in her pen where she belongs. Apparently, she was in heat, and he had just reached for a wild male. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:10 pm 

Archer wrote:

Feel old? Geez... you're too young to feel old. You're not allowed to feel old until you turn 30. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:21 pm 

Origam wrote:
Ooh.. my pal just reminded me of the pants dropping incidents. :D :lol:

Never run after a dog when your pants are loose. Also never climb on a counter and reach above you when your pants are loose. And never carry two armfulls of stuff wheny our pants are loose. Either that or hope that whomever you moon has either a good sense of humor or likes you. :lol:

And never, ever go horseback riding in a tube top. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:26 pm 

Grace wrote:
And never, ever go horseback riding in a tube top. :lol:

Ooh and never bend over in a strapless dress. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:49 pm 

Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

Wow, Grace, I don't remember you being blonde. Those are funny, and your black cat incident reminds me of a guy my dad knows. He raises a few big cats, and he has a female cougar. One night he comes home from work and sees her on top of her pen. He reaches up to grab her by the collar and put her back in, and she swipes him pretty good on the arm. When he sees that the claws drew blood, he thinks, "That's weird, she's been declawed." So he tells his wife to turn on the outside light. That's when he sees his cat in her pen where she belongs. Apparently, she was in heat, and he had just reached for a wild male. :shock:

LOL holy crap!