EnviroLink Forum
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/

So what sports do you participate in?
http://www.envirolink.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2924
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:05 am ]
Post subject:  So what sports do you participate in?

Aside from being a desk jockey, armchair quarterback, and internet kicker.. what sports do ya'll participate in?

I walk (yup it's a sport or so I've been told) and lift weights (err.. not like Arnold though). Occasionally I play baseball and football when friends get a game going in the park. Took up training for boxing with a friend.. fun stuff. :shock:

Author:  hunter88 [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:21 am ]
Post subject: 

This morning's sport was cattle roundup. Yesteday about 6 pm I looked out and saw this herd of cattle standing by my garden. I went out quick and saw they just missed the garden. There was 16 cows and 16 calves, and I wasn't real sure where they came from. They headed out across the neighbors bean field, and just before dark I could see they still hadn't been caught.

This morning I looked out and saw them standing by a neighbors house. The people that owned them showed up so I went down and told them if we could herd them near my place we could funnel them into a round pen I use for riding. So we moved them towards my place and with a little bit of luck got them in.

Sure was a hot sweaty way to start the day.

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:27 am ]
Post subject: 

hunter88 wrote:
This morning's sport was cattle roundup. Yesteday about 6 pm I looked out and saw this herd of cattle standing by my garden. I went out quick and saw they just missed the garden. There was 16 cows and 16 calves, and I wasn't real sure where they came from. They headed out across the neighbors bean field, and just before dark I could see they still hadn't been caught.

This morning I looked out and saw them standing by a neighbors house. The people that owned them showed up so I went down and told them if we could herd them near my place we could funnel them into a round pen I use for riding. So we moved them towards my place and with a little bit of luck got them in.

Sure was a hot sweaty way to start the day.


Show off! :D :lol:

So how do you get them from the round pen at your place back to where they belong.. by truck?

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:36 am ]
Post subject: 

Origam wrote:
hunter88 wrote:
This morning's sport was cattle roundup. Yesteday about 6 pm I looked out and saw this herd of cattle standing by my garden. I went out quick and saw they just missed the garden. There was 16 cows and 16 calves, and I wasn't real sure where they came from. They headed out across the neighbors bean field, and just before dark I could see they still hadn't been caught.

This morning I looked out and saw them standing by a neighbors house. The people that owned them showed up so I went down and told them if we could herd them near my place we could funnel them into a round pen I use for riding. So we moved them towards my place and with a little bit of luck got them in.

Sure was a hot sweaty way to start the day.


Show off! :D :lol:

So how do you get them from the round pen at your place back to where they belong.. by truck?


I was thinking more like...So, when's the next and closest sale? :D

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:39 am ]
Post subject: 

I played baseball in high school. I miss it, too. I've done some team roping off and on, but never competed. Should have done that in high school instead. Could have gone somewhere with that.

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
I was thinking more like...So, when's the next and closest sale? :D


:shock: I wonder if cows make good pets...

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:52 am ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
I played baseball in high school. I miss it, too. I've done some team roping off and on, but never competed. Should have done that in high school instead. Could have gone somewhere with that.

Team roping? Is that how they kept the football, baseball, soccer, field hockey, etc. teams in line?

Author:  hunter88 [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:55 am ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
So how do you get them from the round pen at your place back to where they belong.. by truck?


The guy had a truck and stock trailer. He took some right away, and just came back and got another load. There are 6 or 7 cows left, and he should be back in a bit for them.

Quote:
I was thinking more like...So, when's the next and closest sale? :lol:


Yeah when they headed across the bean field last night I told my daughter that was a big mistake. There were storms clouds coming up. Just open the barn door, run them in, rain to wash out the tracks, and then say cows, what cows. :lol: $20,000 plus going across the field that could have been in my barn. :wink:

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:01 am ]
Post subject: 

Ok.. this thread is making me want a cow to go along with my donkey and turkey. :D

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:22 am ]
Post subject: 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
I played baseball in high school. I miss it, too. I've done some team roping off and on, but never competed. Should have done that in high school instead. Could have gone somewhere with that.

Team roping? Is that how they kept the football, baseball, soccer, field hockey, etc. teams in line?


No, but it was the easiest way to snag a girl.

Author:  Origam [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:29 am ]
Post subject: 

Archer wrote:
No, but it was the easiest way to snag a girl.


:shock: In my circle we call that flirting.. not roping. :D

Author:  Mr. Venom [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:50 am ]
Post subject: 

I life weights...jog,play softball,practice MMA(mixed Martial Arts) and raise kids.

Author:  hunter88 [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Last night I bought my 15 year old her first car. That's not exercise, but it does make you sweat. This will the my third time around teahing a kid to drive. Thank God it's the last, I've just about run out of hair to lose.

Author:  wijim [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

hike, waterski, tube and kneeboard, x-country ski, archery, hunting, fishing,

Author:  Archer [ Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
No, but it was the easiest way to snag a girl.


:shock: In my circle we call that flirting.. not roping. :D


Well, flirting doesn't work so well with me, so I have to rope them and tie them up to spend time with them.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/