EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:27 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

talk about a thorn in the back-side...hope she digs it in real deep... :twisted:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14062166/

CRAWFORD, Texas - War protester Cindy Sheehan has purchased a 5-acre plot in Crawford with some of the insurance money she received after her son was killed in Iraq.

The group she helps lead, Gold Star Families for Peace, says on its Web site that it will return next month to protest the war in Iraq in the small town near Waco where President Bush has a ranch. Like last year, Sheehan, whose son Casey was killed in Iraq in 2004, will again demand to meet with the president.

“We decided to buy property in Crawford to use until George’s resignation or impeachment, which we all hope is soon for the sake of the world,” Sheehan said in a newsletter set to be sent to supporters Thursday. “I can’t think of a better way to use Casey’s insurance money than for peace, and I am sure that Casey approves.”

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:39 pm 

denni50 wrote:
“We decided to buy property in Crawford to use until George’s resignation or impeachment, which we all hope is soon for the sake of the world,”

Then what will the basket case do to pass the time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:47 pm 

Quote:
denni50 wrote:
“We decided to buy property in Crawford to use until George’s resignation or impeachment, which we all hope is soon for the sake of the world,”

Then what will the basket case do to pass the time?

hang out with the Dixie Chicks.
ps: meant to say campaign for the Dixie Chicks.... :lol:

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:06 pm 

Quote:
CRAWFORD, Texas - War protester Cindy Sheehan has purchased a 5-acre plot in Crawford with some of the insurance money she received after her son was killed in Iraq.

Bet her son is real proud.

Her son died for what he felt was right, and then she has the gall to use his insurance money to protest something he believed in. She might as well spit on his grave.

And before this gets into a was it right or wasn't it right to go to war, that's not the point here. The point is she has no respect for her dead son or his beliefs. And now she uses money made from his death, to further her cause. She's one sick puppy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:21 pm 

hunter88 wrote:
Quote:

Her son died for what he felt was right, and then she has the gall to use his insurance money to protest something he believed in. She might as well spit on his grave.

And before this gets into a was it right or wasn't it right to go to war, that's not the point here. The point is she has no respect for her dead son or his beliefs. And now she uses money made from his death, to further her cause. She's one sick puppy.

I have to agree. It seems to me she's just doing it for the publicity. If the war is so wrong, why didn't she protest it before? Lots of other people died before her son.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:30 pm 
Archer wrote:
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:

I have to agree. It seems to me she's just doing it for the publicity. If the war is so wrong, why didn't she protest it before? Lots of other people died before her son.

Young lad like yourself who speaks out so loud for them that are dying for their country should be out there fighting, shouldn't he?

Mind you at least mummy still has chance to pack your lunch before hunting trips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:03 pm 

Quote:
Young lad like yourself who speaks out so loud for them that are dying for their country should be out there fighting, shouldn't he?

Young lad like you should know more about a person before making a statement. My war was Vietnam. Been there, done that, have the T shirt.

Quote:
Mind you at least mummy still has chance to pack your lunch before hunting trips.

Actually I get my pickle recipes from my mommy, and she still does make a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:27 pm 
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:

Young lad like you should know more about a person before making a statement. My war was Vietnam. Been there, done that, have the T shirt.

Quote:

Actually I get my pickle recipes from my mommy, and she still does make a mean batch of chocolate chip cookies. :wink:

Old man should notice who was quoted but since you are getting on a little we will let it go ;)

Didn't you lose than war as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:54 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

X-Black wrote:
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Old man should notice who was quoted but since you are getting on a little we will let it go ;)

Technically, no since the US troops had pulled out and turned over the fight to the ARVN troops who promptly lost the war .... :wink:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:02 pm 

Quote:

Actually the American army hasn't lost a war. Now it's politicians are another matter.

Quote:
Old man should notice who was quoted but since you are getting on a little we will let it go

Since Archer and I agreed, wasn't your statement as relevent to one as the other. And who knows Archer may be my older brother. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:32 am 
Wayne Stollings wrote:
X-Black wrote:
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Technically, no since the US troops had pulled out and turned over the fight to the ARVN troops who promptly lost the war .... :wink:

Retreated back home. We all know what went on in"Nam" so there is no longer the need to cover it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:59 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

X-Black wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
X-Black wrote:
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Retreated back home. We all know what went on in"Nam" so there is no longer the need to cover it up.

No cover up, the politicians gave specific instructions to the military despite what the military told them needed to be done. When it became too unpopular as a result the politicians turned the fight over to the ARVN, which was supposedly the initial intent. The troops never lost because they were never allowed to fight the way they were trained nor to hurt the NVA the way they knew needed to happen, but the politicians must take the blame for getting the troops into the mess and then causing the loss afterwards. It is similar to the situation in Iraq now, IMO.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:12 am 

hunter88 wrote:
And who knows Archer may be my older brother. :wink:

Well hunter, he knows me better than that. You see, we go way back. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:13 am 

Quote:
hunter88 wrote:
Quote:

Archer wrote:

If protestors like Cindy Sheehan weren't out there voicing their opposition to this war do you suppose any of us would ever see much in the way of opposition to this war in the media?...it forces us to stop, think, question and debate the policies that have put our loved ones in harm's way.

These various attacks on her character, her parenting, her love of her son, etc. are a low blow and say volumes about those who are attacking her and the lengths that they will go to to try to discredit her efforts by discrediting her as a person and as a parent. Contrary to the way alot of people think these days (post 9/11), protesting a war - any war - is NOT unpatriotic. It's the American thing to do. Just as American as going to Iraq or elsewhere to fight.

This country was founded by protestors who were fed up with taxation in England and came here to start a new country. Interestingly when they established our new government and wrote the constitution, they made sure to give us all the right to protest and object in precisely the way that Cindy Sheehan is right now.

I applaud, respect and commend her courage for talking about what is wrong with this administration and this war.

She has wide base support from all corners of the country including
soldiers who have returned from Iraq that continues to grow.

http://www.democracynow.org/article.pl? ... 26/1433252

ANNE ROESLER: My son is in the 82nd Airborne. He's a Staff Sergeant, currently serving his third deployment to Iraq. He’s been in the war zone for over 500 days, and we're still counting. Unlike those who sent our loved ones over, who get to lay and sleep in comfort in their beds at night, my son is sleeping in the sand. I lay awake at night waiting for a call from my son because I haven't heard from him since he deployed the end of August. I lay awake praying to God that I don't get a knock on my front door telling me that he's no longer walking among the living.

Chaos is reigning in Iraq. My son says that every single time he goes back, the chaos is worse. He fired more rounds and killed more Iraqis in the second deployment than he did in the entire first year that he was there during the invasion, and he doesn't want the job. He'd love to be able to give his two-week notice.

He and I were here about a year ago, when there were many fewer of you out here, and I'm so glad to see so many of you here today. We went to the Vietnam War Memorial to honor the fallen, and as he looked at the wall and read the names, I began to cry, and he put his arm around me, and he said, “Mom, I wonder how many names will be on our memorial.”

It's so time to bring our troops home. Many, many of them don't want to be there, and they are desperate to come home, and they want us to speak out! They cannot speak out because when they wear the uniform, their voices are silenced. My son has asked me, “Where is the media? Where are the people? Don't they care about us?”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:14 am 

X-Black wrote:
There's no draft right now. As soon as they need me I'll be the first to sign up. For now, I'll just support them instead of disrespect them.

Quote:
Nah, I'll just take a lunch off of some hunt sab pansy. Course, I'll have to provide my own meat.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next