EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:53 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Quote:
The extremes of both ends of the spectrum will use the very same methods they condemn their opposites for using. :wink:

Which is why we need to stop making decisions based on right or left, and start making decisions based on right or wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:18 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

hunter88 wrote:
Quote:
The extremes of both ends of the spectrum will use the very same methods they condemn their opposites for using. :wink:

Which is why we need to stop making decisions based on right or left, and start making decisions based on right or wrong.

If it were only that easy, but the view of what is "right" varies considerably. The difference seems to be whether one side wishes to force everyone to believe their particular view of "right" or if it allows for personal choice.

The abortion issue, for example, one side wants to allow the personal choice while the other does not. Which is the "right" view will depend on the person making the choice and deciding whether anyone else is allowed to make a different choice.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:31 pm 

Quote:
If it were only that easy, but the view of what is "right" varies considerably. The difference seems to be whether one side wishes to force everyone to believe their particular view of "right" or if it allows for personal choice.

The problem is we've gotten ourselves to the point where neither side is willing to give the other side credit for anything. In both cases the other side can never be right. The days of give and take are gone.

We'll never all agree on everything, it can't work that way. But it used to be that one side was willing to give a little here, knowing they would gain back on something else. Not all decisions were popular, and everyone wasn't happy all the time. But at least we progressed and moved forward. Now we do nothing but sit and stagnate, while complaining about the other side holding things us.

There is no honor or respect left in politics. It used to be a person held an office, and even if you didn't like him or his position, you discussed it with him, but still gave him the respect his office deserved. I just watched Howard Dean compare a Fl. Rep. candidate to Stalin. It's this type of stuff that shows there is no respect left in politics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:33 am 

Mr. Venom wrote:
Quote:
have noticed that this is a common thing here for people,when confronted by a question that they don't want to answer,or fear that an honest answer may well go against their morals. They call the question stupid,or attempt to belittle the person asking them,then skirt around and refuse to answer.

Quote:
denni50 wrote:

Quote:
It is not appropriate to try to force anyone into such a discussion on the board. Josh has stated what of his views he wishes known, as has every other person here. The job of volunteer moderator does not entail any greater access into anyone's views. You and everyone else are allowed to ask, which you indicate that you have done, and the person has the right to refuse. Anything asked past that refusal starts becoming a problem.

I have repeatedly stated that I will answer any question that is relevant to the topic thread and that I reserve the right to refuse to answer a remark that I deem to be silly and nonsensical and contributes nothing to the exchange of differing viewpoints.

Mr Venom wrote:
Quote:
I was not trying to goad you into answering any questions..I was just making a casual observation,it was not intented to be directed at you in particular.

hmmmm..."casual observation" at that particular time in that particular thread...tell you what...why don't you follow your own "observation" do the "uncommon thing" and without any "fear of going against your morals or skirting around the answer" tell us who the directed intended particulars were.

Mr. Venom wrote:
Quote:
An Attention Whore is a vast difference from just calling her a whore. My position has nothing to do with it. She won't make a move without media coverage. I'd say the same thing about my own mother if she pulled then stunts this woman does. Self righteousnes has nothing to do with it,it's a common sentiment amongst quite a few people from what I have seen and heard. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

'attention' whore
'skinny' whore
'tall' whore
'blond' whore

no difference in the literal sense of the word except for the adjective used to describe the type of whore.

surely you have documentation to support your slander that she received payment for her media interviews.

as for the rest of your comment...repugnant.

to hunter88:

I would like to extend an apology for some of my comments that were inappropriate and uncalled for..unfortunately I allowed my lack in judgment to get the better of me.

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:38 am 

denni50 wrote:
no difference in the literal sense of the word except for the adjective used to describe the type of whore.

Well, I guess it's a good thing he used it figuratively. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:34 am 

Quote:
'attention' whore
'skinny' whore
'tall' whore
'blond' whore

How about we go with attention slut. I think the word of importance is attention. She's like the little kid that only does things for attention. Neither is to be taken seriously, because their only interest is what's in it for themselves. In both cases it is not about the real issue, it is about them and getting noticed.

All you have to do is look who associates with her. Even the majority of the liberal party stay away and avoid the connection.

By the way I see Cindy's good friend Hugo Chavez got an award over the weekend. It was presented to him by the President of Iran. I'm not sure if Cindy was there for the ceremony. Seems all the women were stuck out back somewhere with vails on so no one would notice they exsist. Nice crowd she hangs out with. Let's see Cindy, Chavez, President of Iran, maybe now we know why she feels her son died for Israel instead of the US.

Quote:
to hunter88:

I would like to extend an apology for some of my comments that were inappropriate and uncalled for..unfortunately I allowed my lack in judgment to get the better of me.

Allow me to slide the rock back so it's not so close to the hard place. Thus allowing a little room to squeeze out of a tight situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:02 am 

hunter88 wrote:

Quote:
How about we go with attention slut. I think the word of importance is attention. She's like the little kid that only does things for attention.

Neither is to be taken seriously, because their only interest is what's in it for themselves. In both cases it is not about the real issue, it is about them and getting noticed.

All you have to do is look who associates with her. Even the majority of the liberal party stay away and avoid the connection.

By the way I see Cindy's good friend Hugo Chavez got an award over the weekend. It was presented to him by the President of Iran. I'm not sure if Cindy was there for the ceremony. Seems all the women were stuck out back somewhere with vails on so no one would notice they exsist. Nice crowd she hangs out with. Let's see Cindy, Chavez, President of Iran, maybe now we know why she feels her son died for Israel instead of the US.

I will leave you with your hatred to wallow in your vitriol.

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:18 am 

denni50 wrote:
hunter88 wrote:

Quote:
How about we go with attention slut. I think the word of importance is attention. She's like the little kid that only does things for attention.

Neither is to be taken seriously, because their only interest is what's in it for themselves. In both cases it is not about the real issue, it is about them and getting noticed.

A lot easier than proving him wrong, huh? It is the ARA way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:58 am 

Quote:

the only thing he has proved is his hatred which I have acknowledged.. :) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:07 pm 

denni50 wrote:
Quote:

the only thing he has proved is his hatred which I have acknowledged.. :) :wink:

I've seen no hatred from him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:04 pm 

denni50 wrote:
Mr. Venom wrote:
Quote:
have noticed that this is a common thing here for people,when confronted by a question that they don't want to answer,or fear that an honest answer may well go against their morals. They call the question stupid,or attempt to belittle the person asking them,then skirt around and refuse to answer.

Quote:
denni50 wrote:

Quote:
It is not appropriate to try to force anyone into such a discussion on the board. Josh has stated what of his views he wishes known, as has every other person here. The job of volunteer moderator does not entail any greater access into anyone's views. You and everyone else are allowed to ask, which you indicate that you have done, and the person has the right to refuse. Anything asked past that refusal starts becoming a problem.

I have repeatedly stated that I will answer any question that is relevant to the topic thread and that I reserve the right to refuse to answer a remark that I deem to be silly and nonsensical and contributes nothing to the exchange of differing viewpoints.

Mr Venom wrote:
Quote:
I was not trying to goad you into answering any questions..I was just making a casual observation,it was not intented to be directed at you in particular.

hmmmm..."casual observation" at that particular time in that particular thread...tell you what...why don't you follow your own "observation" do the "uncommon thing" and without any "fear of going against your morals or skirting around the answer" tell us who the directed intended particulars were.

Mr. Venom wrote:
Quote:
An Attention Whore is a vast difference from just calling her a whore. My position has nothing to do with it. She won't make a move without media coverage. I'd say the same thing about my own mother if she pulled then stunts this woman does. Self righteousnes has nothing to do with it,it's a common sentiment amongst quite a few people from what I have seen and heard. I just call 'em like I see 'em.

'attention' whore
'skinny' whore
'tall' whore
'blond' whore

surely you have documentation to support your slander that she received payment for her media interviews.

I'll address this on my way out the door for a few days
whore Audio pronunciation of "whore" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (hôr, hr)
n.

1. A prostitute.
2. A person considered sexually promiscuous.

3. A person considered as having compromised principles for personal gain.

Personal gain in her case would be furthering her cause,and thus by using the media to gain ATTENTION for her cause. Payment isn't always recieved. Surely you can comprehend this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:08 pm 

denni50 wrote:

My observation wasn't directed at anyone in particular,I stated it at that particular time,because it was happening,but I have also stated it before on different threads. Surely you aren't so self centered that you can see that...Now...off to the Texoma area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:31 pm 

Quote:
My observation wasn't directed at anyone in particular,I stated it at that particular time,because it was happening,but I have also stated it before on different threads. Surely you aren't so self centered that you can see that...Now...off to the Texoma area.

happening to who??..you must of had someone in mind or why make it...
skirting around the answer are we?

here's my source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:05 pm 

Quote:

Usually sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet, but there are those that get it. Now if only they could get everything else.

I have not stated I hated anyone. I even slid back the rock to give you room to slip out of the tight double standard situation you were in concerning the Denni50 puppy mill. By the way I think I have a slogan for you. Denni50 Puppy Farm, 50 breeds to choose from, and more litters coming every day. We're expanding to kittens when the inheritance check gets here.

But I do feel some people just do not appreciate what they have. Cindy Sheehan is allowed to say the things she says, only because of the things she hates and criticizes the most. Doesn't it usually work that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:17 pm 

Mr. Venom wrote:
Surely you can comprehend this.

Slow learner or very optimistic, Mr. Venom?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next