EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:30 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

now that we've moved on to slogans...here's a jingle I wrote especially
for you(Hunter88).

oh you can put that rock back...I'm slippery as a snake.

dribble drivel dribble...keyboard's getting feeble
drivel dribble drivel....keyboard's getting feeble
dribble drivel dribble...keyboard's gotten feeble

bet you can't say that real fast 3 times..kinda has
a nice little jingle to it.

c'mon folks...all together now!

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:30 pm 

Quote:
...I'm slippery as a snake.

Let's just remember you said that and I didn't.

Quote:
dribble drivel dribble...keyboard's getting feeble
drivel dribble drivel....keyboard's getting feeble
dribble drivel dribble...keyboard's gotten feeble

For some reason whenever I read those words I can hear them being sung by Joan Baez. =P~

Quote:
bet you can't say that real fast 3 times..kinda has
a nice little jingle to it.

c'mon folks...all together now!

Oh we're doing jingles instead of slogans.

My new puppy has a first name it's O S C A R
My new puppy has a second name it's M E Y E R
I played with him every day
Right up until he ran away
But the Denni50 Puppy Mill will sell us another
Who knows it might even be his brother
I'll give him a name and hope he will stay
I think I'll call him B O L O G N A

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:26 am 

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:12 pm 

Quote:
For some reason whenever I read those words I can hear them being sung by Joan Baez.

good..I'm glad she's one of your favorites..everytime you regress back to your puppymill fixation you can hear her soft-soothing voice singing the jingle to you.

Quote:
My new puppy has a first name it's O S C A R
My new puppy has a second name it's M E Y E R
I played with him every day
Right up until he ran away
But the Denni50 Puppy Mill will sell us another
Who knows it might even be his brother
I'll give him a name and hope he will stay
I think I'll call him B O L O G N A

that's cheating you borrowed from someone else's material,
dang...couldn't even come up with original names for the puppies.

at least mine's original.

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:22 pm 

denni50 wrote:
at least mine's original.

Hey, I'll give you that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:28 pm 

Quote:
For some reason whenever I read those words I can hear them being sung by Joan Baez.

denni wrote
good..I'm glad she's one of your favorites..everytime you regress back to your puppymill fixation you can hear her soft-soothing voice singing the jingle to you.

I didn't say she was one of my favorites. It's just your jingle made me think of the Joan Baez world where everyone was smoking something, and going through life not knowing for sure what they were doing or where they were going.

Quote:
that's cheating you borrowed from someone else's material,
dang...couldn't even come up with original names for the puppies.

I didn't know there were rules to follow. Hey at least I didn't link Oscar Meyer and puppy mills by the use of hot dogs. Though that did cross my mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:10 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Archer wrote:
oinks wrote:
Or Ann Coulter using the 9/11 widows (I think she called them "harpies") to sell her book?

It's different because Ann had a valid point.

What was her "valid" point? That women who have lost their husbands in the biggest tragedy in US history have no right to speak against President Bush for using those same deaths to promote a stupid war against the one Middle Eastern country that was no threat to us?

Quote:
Quote:
I can't believe that Cindy Sheehan gets attacked by conservatives because she "uses" her dead son to get publicity. If losing her son in the war isn't enough of a reason to be against this war, then what is?

And I can't believe that people stick up for her just because she lost her son. She knew they would. See, she's always got something to fall back on now. Anytime someone disagrees with her, she can just throw that out there. It's not just what she's doing, but how she's doing it.

Of course people are going to support her, because they agree with what she's saying.
One of the reasons that those men and women are over there is to protect "our freedoms", right? At least, that's what all the conservatives keep telling me. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:12 am 

oinks wrote:

Quote:
Of course people are going to support her, because they agree with what she's saying.
One of the reasons that those men and women are over there is to protect "our freedoms", right? At least, that's what all the conservatives keep telling me.

Her son has given her a platform to stand on and be heard where otherwise she certainly wouldn't have had one. It's also possible that since she feels her son died in vain (whether warranted or not), this is a way to make sure that he didn't and that the sons and daughters of other families didn't as well...using the media to help your cause is something anyone with a cause does. It is how one brings attention to a cause.

I believe that Cindy Sheehan believes in her heart that the President lied to the congress and the American people about the reasons we went to Iraq. I happen to agree..the rationale for the war changed weekly as each lie and deceipt was proven false...no WMD's, no ties to Osama-9/11, Saddam was an sob...so are alot of others...except he was the one sitting on a pile of oil.

she has support from Military Families Organizations and War Veterans Groups.

she had 300,000 supporters showing at a Washington D.C. rally.
she must be saying something right.

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Cline_Crawford.htm

http://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/ ... 18nat0.htm

http://www.bringthemhomenowtour.org/

http://www.fff.org/comment/com0512e.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:49 am 

Quote:
Her son has given her a platform to stand on and be heard where otherwise she certainly wouldn't have had one.

So she is using her dead son to further her agenda.

Quote:
...using the media to help your cause is something anyone with a cause does. It is how one brings attention to a cause.

So she used her son's death to get the media attention she wanted to further her, not necessarily his, agenda. That's what we've been saying all along.

Quote:
I happen to agree..the rationale for the war changed weekly as each lie and deceipt was proven false...no WMD's, no ties to Osama-9/11, Saddam was an sob...so are alot of others...except he was the one sitting on a pile of oil.

If you think this is all about oil you just don't get it.

Yes there were no WMDs. Saddam probably pulled one of the best bluffs ever done. The sanctions had him weaken and he knew Iran could cross the border at any time and take him out. And do think anyone would have stepped in to stop them. Remember the Iran Iraq war that killed millions. He needed Iran to think he had WMDs to keep them on their side of the border. Now his problem was we wanted to make sure he didn't have them, and he needed to keep the UN out so no one would know for sure. This is where Russia and France step in and tell him don't worry we'll keep the US out. Of course they do this because they're skimming money off the top of the oil for food scandal. You've heard of that one, right? It was the greed of France and Russia that took down Saddam. He really believed they could keep us out and he could keep Iran where they were. All he wanted to do was stay in power, but western greed ended up taking him down.

As far as no ties to Osama, you haven't been watching the news because more and more of that has come out in time.

This is not about oil, it is a religious war. To not acknowledge this is just putting your head in the sand and trying to avoid reality. They won't be happy till we're all dead. That is the only thing that will allow their savior to come for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:21 am 

Quote:
Yes there were no WMDs. Saddam probably pulled one of the best bluffs ever done. The sanctions had him weaken and he knew Iran could cross the border at any time and take him out. And do think anyone would have stepped in to stop them. Remember the Iran Iraq war that killed millions. He needed Iran to think he had WMDs to keep them on their side of the border. Now his problem was we wanted to make sure he didn't have them, and he needed to keep the UN out so no one would know for sure. This is where Russia and France step in and tell him don't worry we'll keep the US out. Of course they do this because they're skimming money off the top of the oil for food scandal. You've heard of that one, right? It was the greed of France and Russia that took down Saddam. He really believed they could keep us out and he could keep Iran where they were. All he wanted to do was stay in power, but western greed ended up taking him down.

UN Inspectors kept reporting they found no evidence of WMD's,
but the Bush Administration would have none of it since it didn't
support the policy for war.

If it was the greed of France and Russia that took him down then why
are we there?...oh yeah...forgot to 'free' the Iraqi people and bring
them 'democracy'.

Quote:
As far as no ties to Osama, you haven't been watching the news because more and more of that has come out in time.

anything specific to back that up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:43 am 

oinks wrote:
What was her "valid" point?
That they are exploiting the tragedy for all it's worth.

Quote:
Oh, but don't dare speak out against her. How could anyone do that after what she's been through?! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:18 pm 

Quote:
UN Inspectors kept reporting they found no evidence of WMD's,
but the Bush Administration would have none of it since it didn't
support the policy for war.

Let's be accurate, everybody thought the same thing, not just us. But then everybody had to think the same thing or Iran would have taken him out in a minute.

Now I'm sticking to facts that have been presented. But I could bring up the 500 plus WMDs they have found in Iraq. Been in the news over the last few weeks. I didn't bring them up because they are old and I think it was something he had around, but didn't plan to use. I also leave out the possibility they went to Syria, which many believe they did. As of today we have no clear cut proof they went there, so I don't count that.

To me the better evidence is the transcripts from one of the Iraq leader meeting just before we invaded. This is something that came to light from some of the thousands of documents that were uncovered. The transcripts showed that the leaders of the Iraq army were surprised when Saddam told them there weren't any WMDs on hand. The army leaders thought they had them if the US did attack and were very disappointed to find out they didn't have the weapon they thought they had.

Now it isn't clear if they didn't have any, or they didn't have any on hand because he had already sent them to Syria. But the point is, even his own army thought they had WMDs.

Quote:
If it was the greed of France and Russia that took him down then why
are we there?...oh yeah...forgot to 'free' the Iraqi people and bring
them 'democracy'.

Because we were the ones that were going to go in to take Saddam out when everyone thought he had WMDs. France and Russia felt their power within the security council of the UN could keep us out, and keep the oil for food money flowing to them. They were stringing Saddam along, making money hand over fist, and Saddam believed that since they were part of the security council they could keep the US out.

If you remember back then people were saying North Korea was more important then Iraq. But to me, if Saddam did have WMDs he was more important.

To me N Korea was like the guy in the parking lot that sticks a gun in your ribs and asks for your money. He doesn't want to kill you, he wants money. N Korea needs money. Ever see a satellite picute of N Korea at night? They have no power, there are no lights going in the whole country. N Korea wasn't going to nuke us, because then they wouldn't get any money. You don't nuke the golden goose. Yes they could sell a nuke to a terrorist, but if the link to them was uncovered, they again would be out of luck in the future getting anything from us.

Iraq and Saddam were different. Saddam is a burning cross in your yard. Someone who just wants you dead because you are different then him. If he had WMDs he would gladly give them to someone that would take us out. Money is not the object for him, like it is for N Korea.

Like or not we're in a religious war. We do not believe the way some in the middle east believe, so we need to be removed. You think things are hot over there now, just wait a while. Iran will not be allowed to have a nuke. Israel will have to go in and bomb them because the UN will do it's usual bang up job, and of course we have to do whats politically correct. Iran supplies Hezbollah it's weapons, and there are already Hezbollah in this country. Next time around it may be Israel that saves our butts by taking out the nuke program that is meant for us as well as them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:59 am 

From the sources I have read on the push for war the UN Inspectors vehemently opposed going to war so soon and had asked the administration for more time so that they could complete the inspections and deliver their final report to the UN Security Council.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2004/mar/22iraq.htm

Cheney would have none it they had the date set for war and nothing was going to stop it. Let's be clear about who the real architects and orchestrators of this war are..Rumsfeld and Cheney...these two go way back to the Nixon years together and are seasoned political powerhouses...George W was nothing more than a college flunky
at that time. Cheney always felt in 1991 Bush,Sr. should have taken Saddam down back in the Gulf War and felt the US left with 'unfinished' business...he had to wait 8 years before the opportunity would finally present itself again in the form of George W.

I haven't seen anything in the news about the 500 WMD's recently found and I follow the news regularly..any links?

yeah, about scandal and corruption, the oil for food money was the biggest scam with Saddam pocketing billions and everybody knew about it at the UN, wasn't Kofi's son mixed in? some Parliamentary Brit was getting his pockets filled too if I recall...every one had their hands in the bucket..so what? we had Enron, Worldcom and Adelphia...yeah good 'ol boy George's friend "Kenny boy".

Talk about retaliation..the CIA leak of Valerie Plame by Scooter Libby, Rove and war monger Cheney because her husband refused to play 'nice-nice' and connect Niger to any uranium connection with Iraq.

CNN recently aired an investigative report on the lies and political machinations to manipulate the intelligence to fit the politics.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/14/sprj.irq.documents/

We saw what happened to Powell and Tenet after that speech at the UN Security Council..they got chewed up and spit out.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/14/sprj.irq.documents/

Religious War:
got that right we're training the Iraqi Forces to secure their country so we can come home and all they're doing with the training is waging "sectarian" war against each other. Iraqi Shiites and Sunni's are are having a go at each other swimming in each others bloodbath. I guess our soldiers can come home when they finish each other off.

Hezbollah:
when the Syrian Army pulled out of Lebanon last year the US and Israel should have pressured France and the UN to come in and fill the void until the Lebanese gov't could get their forces trained and prepared to secure that region of the country.No one did a damn thing and Hezbollah seized the opportunity to move itself in and take control and now we have what we have. Israel thought it was going to do the "shock and awe" bit and take out Hezbollah in 2 weeks, just today I heard Hezbollah fired 200+ missiles into Israel striking with more precision and getting deeper into
the country...sounds like they're getting stronger not weaker.

you're right...we ain't seen nothing yet...the worst it yet to come.

conclusion:
Iraq never attacked the US or even threatened to, neither the Iraqi people or Saddam participated in the 9/11 attacks. We had no business or right to go and destroy their country and kill them in the name of "war on terrorism".
That's what Cindy Sheehan is waging her protest about. On behalf of her son she is telling the world that he and the other 2,000+ massacred soldiers were sacrificed to a war based on lies and deception.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:37 am 

Quote:
From the sources I have read on the push for war the UN Inspectors vehemently opposed going to war so soon and had asked the administration for more time so that they could complete the inspections and deliver their final report to the UN Security Council.

As I go down your post I see a constant thread, and that is the inability of the UN to do anyting right. I believe you are right the UN inspectors wanted to go in again, but Saddam wouldn't let them. What were they going to do to make him, more sanctions. Sanctions didn't bother Saddam, he was busy working his oil for food deal, so the only ones sanctioned were his people.

Quote:
I haven't seen anything in the news about the 500 WMD's recently found and I follow the news regularly..any links?

When I get home I'll see what I can find, but I have seen something on it twice. The WMDs were old, so that is why I don't think they were going to be used. They could be some that were forgotten about, which is why I didn't think it proved anything.

Quote:
yeah, about scandal and corruption, the oil for food money was the biggest scam with Saddam pocketing billions and everybody knew about it at the UN, wasn't Kofi's son mixed in?

Yeah Kofi's son was in there and others from other countries. The key though are the ones from France and Russia, because they are the ones that kept telling Saddam they could keep the US out because they were on the Security Council. I do believe if Saddam really thought we were coming in, he would have folded and let in inspectors again, taking the chance that Iran would stay out because the UN would be there.

Quote:
Religious War:
got that right we're training the Iraqi Forces to secure their country so we can come home and all they're doing with the training is waging "sectarian" war against each other. Iraqi Shiites and Sunni's are are having a go at each other swimming in each others bloodbath. I guess our soldiers can come home when they finish each other off.

Yes Iraqi's fighting amongst themselves will occur. It has for thousands of years and will continue. That's the biggest mistake of going inot the middle east. they've always been fighting and they will always be fighting. It's all they know.

Quote:
Hezbollah:
when the Syrian Army pulled out of Lebanon last year the US and Israel should have pressured France and the UN to come in and fill the void until the Lebanese gov't could get their forces trained and prepared to secure that region of the country.No one did a damn thing and Hezbollah seized the opportunity to move itself in and take control and now we have what we have.

And there it is again the UN not doing anything. If the UN would have enforced it's last resolution there wouldn't be any fighting in Lebanon now. Well that's probably not true because there is always fighting over there. But if the UN would have done what it was suppose to do with Hezbollah, Israel wouldn't have had to do what it's doing.

Maybe that is the problem, the US always has to be the one that goes in and cleans up the mess left by an inactive UN.

Quote:
Iraq never attacked the US or even threatened to, neither the Iraqi people or Saddam participated in the 9/11 attacks. We had no business or right to go and destroy their country and kill them in the name of "war on terrorism".

I didn't say they did. But again if Saddam had a WMD, which everyone including his own army thought he had, he would have gladly given it to Osama or someone that would use it against us over here. I guess the difference is I'm not willing to take the chance of a WMD in the US, and you are.

Quote:
That's what Cindy Sheehan is waging her protest about. On behalf of her son she is telling the world that he and the other 2,000+ massacred soldiers were sacrificed to a war based on lies and deception.

And she also said Afghanastian was wrong, and her son died for Israel not the US. Do you agree with her on those points too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:42 am 

Quote:

Go to google, and type in 500 wmd, should be plenty of reading there. Some believable, some questionable. But isn't that the way the internet works.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next