Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:32 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Archer wrote:
I hate to admit this about a chevy....but the corvettes have always been really nice cars.

I like Chevys.. although I'd never admit it in front of family, they all like Fords. :lol:

I'd sell my soul for a Stingray 'vette.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:34 pm 

Archer wrote:
There's actually a color you can get on a Mustang that I can't stand. Legend lime. I can think of a better name for the color. Any other color they make is good to go, except for that one.

Is it like a puke green color or a neo green? I'm kind of partial to neon colors for the most part.. not that the 80's had any influence on me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:55 pm 

Ori

check out the Dodge Viper...if I had $$$$$$$ I'd get me one of those
for damn sure.

http://www-5.dodge.com/viper/photos.html

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:03 pm 

denni50 wrote:
Ori

for damn sure.

I dated a guy who drove a Viper (not that his car had anything to do with it..). The only thing interesting about him was his car. :D :lol:

The Stingray 'Vette has been my dream car for many many many years. *sigh*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:45 pm 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
There's actually a color you can get on a Mustang that I can't stand. Legend lime. I can think of a better name for the color. Any other color they make is good to go, except for that one.

Is it like a puke green color or a neo green? I'm kind of partial to neon colors for the most part.. not that the 80's had any influence on me. :D

Puke green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:46 pm 

denni50 wrote:
Ori

for damn sure.

I saw one of those the other night. I wanted to race him just to see what it would do, but I didn't get the chance. Turns out it was a she driving it. It's level of sweetness just doubled when I saw that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:46 pm 

First car was a 69 Chevy Impalla, brand new for $3000. A Firebird after that, and when married went through that terrible mini van stage. Oh there was a motorcycle in there too during the Impalla and Firebird period.
Of course there were a few pickups along the way, Chevys, Fords, and Dodges. And a Bronco the second year they came out with the bigs ones. For you young folks they used to make only a little one. I'm presently on my third Jeep Cherokee. The first two each had over 250,000 miles on them when I got rid of them, and this one has just over 200,000 now. Yes I drive a lot. I also have a Dodge pickup on hand, just bought my daughter a 92 Blazer for her first car, and the one I have the most fun driving is my 1980 Chevy 1 ton dually flatbed. It has a 454 bored out 60 over, and a four speed. I've taken more then one kid by surprise. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:49 pm 

Quote:
I saw one of those the other night. I wanted to race him just to see what it would do, but I didn't get the chance. Turns out it was a she driving it. It's level of sweetness just doubled when I saw that.

I've never actually seen one in person...do they look as good as they
do in the pictures.

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:53 pm 

denni50 wrote:
Quote:

I've never actually seen one in person...do they look as good as they
do in the pictures.

I've seen a few. They are awesome. A little smaller than what I would think, but most cars of that caliber are for some reason. They look like a beast in pictures. Same way with the new GT. They looked huge to me in the pics, but I saw one in person and it was so little. But yes, the Viper is a super nice car to see. I saw a whole rally of them come through downtown once. Quite a sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:55 pm 

Archer wrote:
Puke green.

What's wrong with car colors now-a-days. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:27 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Viper? Nah, but if you have a '67 Shelby Cobra who needs anything else? There is a blue and white actual (not a reproduction) in the next little town over and it will fly, but it was made to do so ....

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profiles ... index.html

One of the most memorable stories about the 427 Cobra surrounds a test that was arranged by Ken Miles for Sports Car Graphic magazine. A few years earlier, Aston Martin had bragged that its racing cars were capable of accelerating from 0 to 100 mph and back to 0 in less than 30 seconds. Miles had the idea to re-stage the test using the new 427 Cobra. The result, according to SCG editor Jerry Titus, was an astounding 13.2 seconds.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:44 am 
Let's talk bikes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:47 am 

Nice bike X! Perhaps next spring I'll learn to ride and get one myself. 'Course I'd still need a car even if I got a bike because there's no way I'm riding a bike in 0 degree weather and snow! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:21 am 

X-Black is that yours?

nice wheels!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:41 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Viper? Nah, but if you have a '67 Shelby Cobra who needs anything else? There is a blue and white actual (not a reproduction) in the next little town over and it will fly, but it was made to do so ....

http://www.sportscarmarket.com/profiles ... index.html

One of the most memorable stories about the 427 Cobra surrounds a test that was arranged by Ken Miles for Sports Car Graphic magazine. A few years earlier, Aston Martin had bragged that its racing cars were capable of accelerating from 0 to 100 mph and back to 0 in less than 30 seconds. Miles had the idea to re-stage the test using the new 427 Cobra. The result, according to SCG editor Jerry Titus, was an astounding 13.2 seconds.

It doesn't get any better than that car right there. That time is incredible too. I think they Veyron does it in 9.9 seconds, which is just a hair faster than the fastest street bike. 13.2 seconds is not far off that!