EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:58 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

denni50 wrote:
Archer wrote:

Quote:
No one else's? Where do you live? Under a rock?

It just so happens that the people who founded this country and gave you your freedoms believed the same way I do. I would say fewer poeple believe in evolution than God. No one else's truth....what a crock.

yeah everyone in your little cave believes it...crawl out from it and expand your horizons.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articl ... =1&catID=2

thankfully School Boards across the country recognize it for what it really is "religious teachings" and has no place in a public educational school system...it's been called "Creationism" then "Intelligent Design" now it's
"Intelligent Evolution"..good grief make up your minds!

as long as that stuff is kept out of schools I'm cool... 8)

I think the crap you posted should stay out of schools too.....along with evolution.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:59 am 

Mr. Venom wrote:
Archer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Evolution has flaws. The bible does not. Hmmmm.

I guess that would depend on WHICH Bible. A Bible for one religion will more than likely contradict another written(by man) for another religion.

I'm speaking of the original transcripts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:00 am 

X-Black wrote:
Archer wrote:
Well, heaven forbid they teach the truth. Much better that we have some theory that doesn't make sense and is full of flaws.

I agree with you Archer. Science should be taught in school and religion left out. No room for anything but science and fact in school. No point clouding children's minds with religious rubbish.

Evolution is not a fact. It is a theory that doesn't hold much water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:00 am 

Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

The bible doesn't have any flaws.. everything in it is truth and not a shred of fiction?

That is correct.

Mrm. I'll have to take your word for it, since the only story I remember ever reading in the bible was about some King who got turned into a goat or sheep or soemthing.. that was a long time ago though so I might not be remembering it quite right. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:05 am 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

The bible doesn't have any flaws.. everything in it is truth and not a shred of fiction?

That is correct.

Mrm. I'll have to take your word for it, since the only story I remember ever reading in the bible was about some King who got turned into a goat or sheep or soemthing.. that was a long time ago though so I might not be remembering it quite right. :shock:

I'm not familiar with that story, but things like that did happen. Also, you'll have to remember that there was a lot of parables too. Sounds like your story may be from the Old Testament, though, and some weird things happened back then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:12 am 

Quote:
I think the crap you posted should stay out of schools too.....along with evolution.

every time you open that "cave hole" you call a mouth that's all that
comes out of it...inane one-liner crap.

what is it you asked someone else here on this forum..."why are you here"?

I'm gonna ask you that same question: "why are YOU here"?

ever since I've been a member here I don't think I've seen
you contribute anything substantive,constructive,productive,relative
or insightful in the form of commentary or viewpoint to any discussion here but you sure are quick to shoot down someone else's comment with some stupid one-liner gibberish.

why don't you put your money where your mouth is and show us what you got.

give us a short essay why you believe Creationism should be taught in schools.

seriously....don't have to agree with it....but THAT I can respect.

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:14 am 

Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:

I'm not familiar with that story, but things like that did happen. Also, you'll have to remember that there was a lot of parables too. Sounds like your story may be from the Old Testament, though, and some weird things happened back then.

Mrm. I barely made it through the first couple chapters of the Book of Mormon.. don't think I'm ready to tackle the bible otherwise I'd make some attempt to find that story.

Weird things happened way back when.. but somethings are pretty much impossible, like a person turning into an animal or a pillar of salt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:43 am 

Archer wrote:
Mr. Venom wrote:
Archer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

I guess that would depend on WHICH Bible. A Bible for one religion will more than likely contradict another written(by man) for another religion.

Since the original transcripts were written a couple of millenium ago,and alot gets lost in translation,how can anyone be sure of what the truth behind them is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:04 pm 

Mr. Venom wrote:
Archer wrote:
Mr. Venom wrote:
Archer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

Since the original transcripts were written a couple of millenium ago,and alot gets lost in translation,how can anyone be sure of what the truth behind them is?

Faith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:05 pm 

denni50 wrote:
give us a short essay why you believe Creationism should be taught in schools.

Why would I do that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:05 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Archer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
I doubt that fewer people believe in evolution than in creationism, but the key to that is believe which is taken on faith and not proven. The proof of evolution increases daily while the "proof" of creationism has been stagnant for centuries.

The Bible has many flaws they are just overlooked or are claimed as a "miracle" that allows anything to happen. Whose version of the Bible would you take as being correct? There are several versions which were compiled throughout history.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:09 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Archer wrote:
Mr. Venom wrote:
Archer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

Which original transcripts? The books that were included in the various Bibles were chosen by committees of men at best. Which of the original transcripts have you read?

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:13 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Archer wrote:
X-Black wrote:
Archer wrote:
Well, heaven forbid they teach the truth. Much better that we have some theory that doesn't make sense and is full of flaws.

I agree with you Archer. Science should be taught in school and religion left out. No room for anything but science and fact in school. No point clouding children's minds with religious rubbish.

Evolution is not a fact. It is a theory that doesn't hold much water.

No, it is a Scientific Theory, which is not the same as the use you implied, and it not only holds water but holds more each day. While it is true we have not proved the macro-evolution stages as of yet, we have proved the micro-evolution and the connection between the species via DNA sequencing. As opposed to saying "God told me this", which of the two is more able to be independently proved? That is the deciding factor as to which should be taught in a Science classroom.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:17 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Archer wrote:
Mr. Venom wrote:
Archer wrote:
Mr. Venom wrote:
Archer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

Faith.

How can you prove your faith is correct when someone else's faith is in opposition and they believe just as strongly as you do? That is why the only things that should be taught as facts are those which can be proven without the reliance on pure faith.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:17 pm 
Archer wrote:
Mr. Venom wrote:
Archer wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

What originals are you talking about then Archer? Shall we spin a bottle? :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next