EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:40 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

yep!.... :)

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:52 pm 

denni50 wrote:
yep!.... :)

*sighs in relief* Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:03 pm 

no sweat...have a nice cool weekend... :D

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:12 pm 

denni50 wrote:
no sweat...have a nice cool weekend... :D

Hah! I'll try. If 100 is cool, then I can do it. You have a nice weekend too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:17 pm 

Quote:
I WANT EVOLUTION OUT OF SCHOOLS. I DON'T WANT RELIGION IN. Got it yet?

Ok, so what should they teach? You have to tell them something. Now I'm not saying they have to go in and say man was involved from the apes. Though there are a couple people I know of that could confirm that theory. But dont' they have to say somethig about how all this came about. How we got here.

Guess when school starts later this month I'm going to have to get my daughter's science book and see what they're saying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:21 pm 

hunter88 wrote:
Now I'm not saying they have to go in and say man was involved from the apes. Though there are a couple people I know of that could confirm that theory.

:lol: Now THAT should be on a bumper sticker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:13 pm 

hunter88 wrote:
Quote:
I WANT EVOLUTION OUT OF SCHOOLS. I DON'T WANT RELIGION IN. Got it yet?

Ok, so what should they teach? You have to tell them something. Now I'm not saying they have to go in and say man was involved from the apes. Though there are a couple people I know of that could confirm that theory. But dont' they have to say somethig about how all this came about. How we got here.

Guess when school starts later this month I'm going to have to get my daughter's science book and see what they're saying.

Hell if I know. Tell them to ask their parents. Their parents should have told them by now anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:07 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Evolution has flaws. The bible does not. Hmmmm.

The bible doesn't have any flaws.. everything in it is truth and not a shred of fiction?

That is correct.

Well, I couldn't stand to read any further than this.

Archer, the bible is nothing but fiction. That's the very definition of a series of stories made up and written down by men - all of whom had their own agenda and beliefs they were pushing.

Sure, there's some history in there too but that's bound to be colored by the imperfect mind of the men who wrote the stories.

Then there's a couple of thousand years of translating and re-translating and then translating the translations.

Any "facts" are long lost and can never be found.

You're welcome to whatever brand of religion that suits your own agenda (and we all have one) but keep it out of the schools, out of the government and out of my face and I'll do the same for you. Thanks.

BTW, one of my wife's favorite quotes is

“Every organized patriarchal religion works overtime to contribute its own brand of misogyny” (Robin Morgan)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:10 pm 

sianblooz wrote:
Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

The bible doesn't have any flaws.. everything in it is truth and not a shred of fiction?

That is correct.

Archer, the bible is nothing but fiction. That's the very definition of a series of stories made up and written down by men - all of whom had their own agenda and beliefs they were pushing.

Sure, there's some history in there too but that's bound to be colored by the imperfect mind of the men who wrote the stories.

Then there's a couple of thousand years of translating and re-translating and then translating the translations.

You're welcome to whatever brand of religion that suits your own agenda (and we all have one) but keep it out of the schools, out of the government and out of my face and I'll do the same for you. Thanks.

“Every organized patriarchal religion works overtime to contribute its own brand of misogyny” (Robin Morgan)

Sure. You tell that to the Man that died for you, and we'll see how well He takes it. Have a nice life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:35 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Archer wrote:
sianblooz wrote:
Archer wrote:
Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

That is correct.

Sure. You tell that to the Man that died for you, and we'll see how well He takes it. Have a nice life.

You really think that if "he" doesn't have time to notice children starving to death, "he's" going to take issue with MY beliefs? :roll:

That's the problem with bible thumping. :roll:

It never makes sense. :roll:

But like I said, you're welcome to it. 8)

JUST KEEP IT OUT OF MY FACE AND AWAY FROM MY KIDS. :evil:

We'll take our chances. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:43 pm 

sianblooz wrote:

Who's shoving it your face? :roll: You are the one ridiculing me for my beliefs. Others on here disagree, but some of them have the decency to show some respect.

By the way, when the world turnd its back to God, what do you expect Him to do? He never said He was going to make the world a comfortable place to live anyway. That's what Heaven is for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:09 am 

maybe we all can start to respect each others differences right in our own backyard....religious and cultural differences are the cause of so much hatred, strife and wars around the world.

like Josh said a great place to start would be in schools where children could be taught about other lands and other peoples and maybe we could break this cycle of intolerance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:22 am 

Quote:

So what you're saying is you want to make sure your kids don't hear any other theories then yours, and you'll willingly risk your children on the premise that you are right. That sounds even more extreme then the person that tells his child about religion, and then let's him make his own decision.

Now I have to admit neither side should be working on little kids to try and get them to conform to their ways. That would be too much like the PETA people trying to win over little children with their propaganda.

I think it is funny that when an emergency arises it doesn't seem to matter if a person is religious or not. But one of the frist things that comes to mind is asking God's help to get out of this scrape.

If God had a sense of humor, at this time the non believer would hear this deep voice say, "Nawwww, don't think so."

But then God must have a sense of humor. Just look at the duck billed platypus. Clearly he looked at the left over parts in the bottom of the bag and said, "Let's see how this turns out."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:52 am 

God created humor, and Jesus was not God. The Great Spirit we call the Creator or God the Father created the Laws of Evolution including spontaneous mutations from UV radiation. We would not know love, beauty, or art and music, and would have no sense of humor if it had not been first created by God. We are all his children. Too bad He made it so half are below 90 IQ, and breed like rabbits. They don't even actually seem like my species, even if they can use a bow, too. They do not have the ability to see ahead the consequences of their actions, or understand science.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:36 pm 

Quote:
We are all his children. Too bad He made it so half are below 90 IQ, and breed like rabbits.

So you're saying God made a mistake. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next