Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TV.. it's a good thing
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:53 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060817/ap_on_he_me/tv_numbing

Pretty interesting stuff. Now if they could only invent a tv program that would take the kids mind off whats happening when they get stitches! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:26 pm 

Ah geez. They need to buck up and be tough about it. I sure didn't like it when I was a kid, but I did it, and I didn't complain. This is why kids are such pansies any more.

Stitches? Never had those. That's what super glue is for. So I can't comment on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:33 pm 

Archer wrote:
Ah geez. They need to buck up and be tough about it. I sure didn't like it when I was a kid, but I did it, and I didn't complain.

Ehh.. the only good needles are used for tattoos. I don't blame kids for not liking them and complaining. :D

Archer wrote:
This is why kids are such pansies any more.

You're not much past being a kid yourself kiddo. :D

Archer wrote:
Stitches? Never had those. That's what super glue is for. So I can't comment on that.

I've had stitches three times all together.. but only one time that I really count. :D

Mrm.. between me and my sisters we've all had stitches, staples, clamps, and glue. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:32 am 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:
Ah geez. They need to buck up and be tough about it. I sure didn't like it when I was a kid, but I did it, and I didn't complain.

Ehh.. the only good needles are used for tattoos. I don't blame kids for not liking them and complaining. :D
I think I'd rather have a shot. At least they are good for something.

Quote:
Archer wrote:
This is why kids are such pansies any more.

You're not much past being a kid yourself kiddo. :D
Then I ought to know my peers.

Quote:
Archer wrote:

I've had stitches three times all together.. but only one time that I really count. :D

Mrm.. between me and my sisters we've all had stitches, staples, clamps, and glue. :D
Oh, I've had bad experiences with staples. That's why I opt for the glue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:51 am 

Archer wrote:

Tattoos are good for something too. :)

Archer wrote:

Touche'! :D Oh man.. I love that commercial. :)

Archer wrote:

The only use for staples should be holding paper together. Although I know someone who has managed to somehow staple her finger and break it. :lol: And no it wasn't me! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:18 am 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

Tattoos are good for something too. :)
Heh, now that you mention it, I've seen a few that weren't all that bad. :D

Quote:
Archer wrote:

Touche'! :D Oh man.. I love that commercial. :)
What commercial?

Quote:
Archer wrote:

The only use for staples should be holding paper together. Although I know someone who has managed to somehow staple her finger and break it. :lol: And no it wasn't me! :)
My story doesn't involve breaking my finger, but it does involve staples that are used on horses. Those things hurt a lot worse than the cut itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:32 am 

Archer wrote:

I've seen some that rock. I've got an appointment set up to get one in October. :D

Archer wrote:
What commercial?

The one with the cute young guy who's a mac and the older dorky guy who's a pc.. the mac says "I'm a pc too" and the pc says "touche" or something like that.

Archer wrote:
My story doesn't involve breaking my finger, but it does involve staples that are used on horses. Those things hurt a lot worse than the cut itself.

Horse sized staples? Ow ow ow ow ow. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:32 pm 

Origam wrote:
Archer wrote:

I've seen some that rock. I've got an appointment set up to get one in October. :D
Oh, what is it?

Quote:
Archer wrote:
What commercial?

The one with the cute young guy who's a mac and the older dorky guy who's a pc.. the mac says "I'm a pc too" and the pc says "touche" or something like that.
Never seen it.

Quote:
Archer wrote:

Horse sized staples? Ow ow ow ow ow. :shock:
[/quote] Ow is right. I cut my finger to the bone with my knife, and though it bled everywhere, it didn't hurt at all. Then the people I work with stuck iodine in it. That burned like hell. Then another guy says he has a staple gun that his wife uses on her horses. I said no thanks, but he insisted. They were big, let me tell ya. The first one he clamps down I didn't feel. I said that's not so bad. Then he says wait, it didn't go in all the way. It just caught the outer layer of skin. So he pulls it and tries again. This one hurt! And I let him no that it did. Then he says, wait, that one didn't go in all the way either! That's when I took my finger back and put some super glue on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:48 pm 

Archer wrote:
Oh, what is it?

It's the superman logo.. except it's going to be heartshaped and the point will be resting on a "stand" of the letters JR.

If all goes well there are others planned. I'd like to get one a small version of one of my paintings on my back.

Archer wrote:
Never seen it.

I love the Mac commercials. There's one where Mac and PC are holding hands because they can communicate with each other and then this pretty asian girl shows up and Mac holds her hand because he can talk to her.. :lol:

Archer wrote:
Ow is right. I cut my finger to the bone with my knife, and though it bled everywhere, it didn't hurt at all. Then the people I work with stuck iodine in it. That burned like hell. Then another guy says he has a staple gun that his wife uses on her horses. I said no thanks, but he insisted. They were big, let me tell ya. The first one he clamps down I didn't feel. I said that's not so bad. Then he says wait, it didn't go in all the way. It just caught the outer layer of skin. So he pulls it and tries again. This one hurt! And I let him no that it did. Then he says, wait, that one didn't go in all the way either! That's when I took my finger back and put some super glue on it.

Uh.. I'm kind of glad I don't work there. :shock: Almost sounds like a comedy skit. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:03 pm 

Origam wrote:
It's the superman logo.. except it's going to be heartshaped and the point will be resting on a "stand" of the letters JR.

If all goes well there are others planned. I'd like to get one a small version of one of my paintings on my back.
Sounds cool!

Quote:
Uh.. I'm kind of glad I don't work there. :shock: Almost sounds like a comedy skit. :D
I don't work there still but it was fun. I'm sure this incident was funny for anyone watching. I didn't particularly enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:08 pm 

Archer wrote:
Sounds cool!

I hear tattoos are addicting. :D I might end up being a canvas for myself! :)

Archer wrote:
:I don't work there still but it was fun. I'm sure this incident was funny for anyone watching. I didn't particularly enjoy it.

No.. it doesn't sound like something anyone would really enjoy. :shock: 'Course I would've used hydrogen peroxide and given you a hot wheels or dinosaur band-aid (heh.. I should get more dignified band-aids for my 1st aid kit).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:13 pm 

Nah, you don't want to do that.

I guess Hot Wheels would work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:29 pm 

Archer wrote:
Nah, you don't want to do that.

I'm thinking that one of my tree branches would look awesome going from just under one shoulder to the back of my neck with a leaf. :D

Archer wrote:
I guess Hot Wheels would work.

No dinos for you?! :D I like hotwheels too. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:09 pm 

That would look cool, but it sounds kind of big.

Okay, I like dinos too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:13 pm 

Archer wrote:
That would look cool, but it sounds kind of big.

Nah.. big is full sleeve tattoos. :D

Archer wrote:
Okay, I like dinos too.

My favorite dino is Dino from the Flinstones. :D