EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:14 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

This world is going to hell in a handbasket.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/02/amish. ... index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:17 pm 

just read that story too!

(shaking my head in bewilderment)

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:21 pm 

I can't read stories like this.. they break my heart. :( Why why why!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:54 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Sure sounds like some kind of an organic brain disorder or brain injury to me. There is no history of this in this man's past, and in the last couple DAYS his co-workers noticed a real change in behavior. His engagement picture taken in 1998 sure doesn't look like someone with an anger problem (although that's not foolproof, look how sweet Bin Laden's face looks).

Anyway, what a horrible story. I can't help being curious, that if he hadn't shot himself in the head, I bet an autopsy would reveal an obvious and recent brain problem.

Sad for those children, and sad for his children.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:02 am 

According to the news on the radio this morning he apparently was pissed off about something that happened 20years or so ago when he was about 12 and he was mad at the world and God.

Hrm. I'm sure am glad that I'm lucky enough to have my kids home schooled. They had a discussion on the radio this morning about school safety and one of them said install metal detectors.. but I wonder if that would really help since the last two shootings I head of (the bastard in CO and this excuse of a human being) were adults who walked onto school grounds later in the afternoon. Both of them targeted girls too... it's a shame they didn't live long enough for someone to castrate them without painkillers, stuff their parts in their mouth and choke them to death with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:25 pm 

A list of the more recent school shootings..
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061003/ap_on_re_us/school_shootings_list_2

Covers 2006-2000 I believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:34 pm 

LC wrote:
Sure sounds like some kind of an organic brain disorder or brain injury to me. There is no history of this in this man's past, and in the last couple DAYS his co-workers noticed a real change in behavior. His engagement picture taken in 1998 sure doesn't look like someone with an anger problem (although that's not foolproof, look how sweet Bin Laden's face looks).

Anyway, what a horrible story. I can't help being curious, that if he hadn't shot himself in the head, I bet an autopsy would reveal an obvious and recent brain problem.

Sad for those children, and sad for his children.

Errrr...are we talking about the same Bin Laden? His face looks about as sweet as a bottle of rancid pis-laced vinegar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:20 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Grace, you don't think Bin Laden has a beautiful face? That seemed to be one of the most common sentiments I heard following 9-11 - how disarming his looks are, considering what he's done.

It seems like usually when they catch someone who has committed a hideous crime, you look at the picture and say yep, that's the guy, just by the faces marked by anger. Or weirdness, like that Karr guy who was arrested for pretending he killed Jon Benet. One glance, yep, that guy is the weirdo who identifies with JBR's killer.

This face, it just takes me aback how kind he looks, and yet how misleading.

http://www.geocities.com/arcadevideogam ... _laden.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:44 pm 

LC wrote:
Grace, you don't think Bin Laden has a beautiful face? That seemed to be one of the most common sentiments I heard following 9-11 - how disarming his looks are, considering what he's done.

It seems like usually when they catch someone who has committed a hideous crime, you look at the picture and say yep, that's the guy, just by the faces marked by anger. Or weirdness, like that Karr guy who was arrested for pretending he killed Jon Benet. One glance, yep, that guy is the weirdo who identifies with JBR's killer.

This face, it just takes me aback how kind he looks, and yet how misleading.

http://www.geocities.com/arcadevideogam ... _laden.jpg

Well, no I don't. Mostly because I can't get past what's behind the face. But if I try to be objective, he does have a sort of biblical look, similar to depictions of Jesus. Not that I'm comparing them...! I heard he was a huge fan of some American singer even though singing is a big taboo. He said she was very Islamic and had a beautiful smile (might have been Whitney Houston; I'll have to research it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:47 pm 

Here's the article about him being obsessed with Whitney. Weird.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773