EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:24 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

This is something I've been pondering lately. There is a sightless girl on another board I visit who can *see* words on the computer but not images, so whenever we post images we need to describe them to her. Also, her boyfriend is blind yet they put up Christmas decorations and lights. I didn't wish to ask why, but I suppose it's for other people to see. I'm not sure what sort of program blind people use for computers. It makes sense that sightless people who were born that way cannot see in their dreams as they have nothing to base images upon, and I find it interesting to know just what their dreams are comprised of (below). Those who became blind later on do see in their dreams of course.

Do blind people see in their dreams? Do they see in color?
Posted by star7 on 11/16/2004 7:46:45 AM.

Hi my name is Tara I am a senior at lakewood High in Ohio. I am doing an I Search research paper for my advanced english class if any one could provide me with any information I would appreciate it. I am doing two different ways people that were born blind to answer the question and people that have become blind later on. thank you
There are currently 4 replies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re:Do blind people see in their dreams? Do they see in color?
Posted by Mustaine on 11/12/2006

I don't "see" in dreams because I have no visual images on which to base anything. Instead, my dreams are very rich with the senses of my world. My girlfriend (she is sighted) and I have conversations about dreams all the time and we often share dream ideas. It's in the interpretation where we differ. I hope that helps a bit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by vkg.mca on 06/19/2006

There are two categories of blind people
(1). Who are blind by birth : These people do not see colors in their dream. Their dreams includes only noises & emotions.

(2). Who became blind due to any happening in life: These people see colors in their dreams but the intensity of the colors is associated with the time when they last seen the colors in their original life before being blind.

Posted by GREATMOM1 on 01/26/2005

I HAD SIGHT FOR 52 YEARS AND LOST MY SIGHT FROM DIABETES.
I DO DREAM IN COLOR IN MOST OF MY DREAMS. I SEE IN ALL MY DREAMS ALSO.

http://www.afb.org/message_board_replie ... FolderID=3