[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Ted Nugent - a class act

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:09 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:59 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:13 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:29 am 

A rebel flag shirt for a rebel
Claims that Ted Nugent is a racist simply have no merit

06:37 AM CST on Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Mark Twain once wrote that a lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

In the wake of the Gov. Rick Perry inaugural ball featuring Ted Nugent, we may have a case of lies born in Austin that have now made their way across America, fueled by the recklessness of race-baiters out to score cheap political points.

Some would have you believe that Mr. Perry's inclusive inauguration speech was made a mockery by activist rock star Ted Nugent's intolerant remarks from the stage.

But tap the brakes. That narrative, shouted across wire services and onto newspaper pages, TV screens and Web sites around the world, seems to be wholly without basis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:12 pm 

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:10 pm 

more on Nugent at Inaugural Ball from the Houston-Chronicle:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/met ... 78848.html

State Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-San Antonio, said the choice of entertainers reflected poorly on the Republican Party, and Perry in particular.

"This is clearly not the behavior of someone who's ready for the national stage. It's a sign of the times for the Republican Party. It's a divisive party. Perry knows his views and to feature him front and center, that alone says a lot."

Shocking people is nothing new for Nugent, and he's done it before in Texas. In 2000, he was banned from performing in The Woodlands after he let loose an expletive-filled tirade about illegal immigrants.

A hunting and gun-rights advocate, Nugent could not comment on his appearance at the inaugural; he was hunting, a spokeswoman said.

I'll let the article speak for itself.

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:35 pm 

more on Nugent at the KISS Concert:

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1436724 ... _ted.jhtml

Finally, there weren't that many tears from our users over the news that Ted Nugent wouldn't be playing the Woodlands, near Houston. The Nuge earned himself a ban after declaring, "If you don't speak English, stay the f*ck out of America," whilst supporting Kiss earlier this year. No Andrew Dice Clay fans here.

"Just because one is given the freedom of speech doesn't mean that one must go around insulting and bullying others of differing opinions," wrote Gayle. "Years ago, before I knew this side of him, I was a Nugent fan. Now, I just think he is pathetic and wouldn't buy an album or ticket if someone held a bow and arrow to me (and Nugent probably would)."

"I attended the KISS concert at the Meadowlands and Ted Nugent was totally off base there also," Jose revealed. "He made many racist remarks and also wore his beloved Confederate flag. Ted Nugent seems to forget that the only real Americans are the Native American Indians. He claims to despise immigrants but if he does his research I'm sure he will find that his ancestors were immigrants also. So if Ted Nugent doesn't like the fact that America is made up of immigrants he can keep his country a** in the woods."

But Sherry asked that we give a Great Gonzo a break. "I live in Houston and attended the spring Kiss concert," she wrote. "There were about 20-30 Hispanics sitting around me when Ted Nugent made those comments. All of them were laughing about it and agreeing with him. I don't see why they are banning him because of a few complainers. All I have to say is if they don't like him, don't come to the concert!"

Chris agreed. Sort of. He said, "I think he should be able to open for KISS again at the Woodlands so more people can come and see what a has-been will do for attention."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:03 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:41 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:57 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:42 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:54 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:41 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next