[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Pets

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pets
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:55 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

A friend's dogs wrestling. Don't worry, the one on the bottom always wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:13 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:21 am 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

This is my new dog as of today. I sort of rescued him from a broken relationship between two college students. He's 5 months old and I'm sure weighs over 50 lbs. Name is Thor - not a name I'd pick ... but whatever. Very mellow. Ishi is cool about having a little brother... so far. I think he thinks he's going home tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:26 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:29 am 

Ishi and Thor... those are cool names.... 8)

thanks for rescuing him...at least now he'll be safe with stability in his
life and a new brother to pal around with..... :)

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:29 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:36 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Watch out where the huskies go, don't you eat that yellow snow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:42 pm 

A musher [as hobby/exercise] friend's family.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:43 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:10 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

They are all bigger than they look. Except the second form the front. She is only 55 pounds so is quite small.

The group will grow as I save more unwanted dogs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:15 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Rufus is quite large. He is bigger than he looks in this picture. He might become 200 pounds one day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:17 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Heidi is a Rott/Shep mix

She is a medium sized dog at 95 pounds

She is the hyper active one of the bunch. Her nose really is not crooked. it just looks that way in the picture.

Last edited by jonsidneyb on Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:22 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

This is stray. He is a 75 pound Husky/Shep mix. I found him at a convince store with a broken leg. I have tried to find the owner for 2 years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:28 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

This is Nikki,

She is the smallest dog I have ever had, a Shep/Chow mix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:42 pm 

This is a photo of Major, a rough collie.

He took possession of me in 1987 after possibly being abandoned by his owners.I got to know of his plight through a local animal rescue organisation.
Apparently some children found him wandering and made a 'den' for him under a hedge. They didn't tell anyone because they said someone would take him away and put him 'to sleep'. They kept him hidden for about two weeks until one of the children's' father became suspicious about all the food that had been mysteriously disappearing from the house. The child confessed, and about midnight there was this man and his child looking for this dog.
They rescued him and took him home after a lot of assurances that he wouldn't be 'put down'.
He was in a terrible state when I took him in. He was dejected and wouldn't lift up his head and his fur was matted. I let him settle down for a couple of days until he knew he could trust me and then I took him to the vet's, got all his injections, my rabies shot etc.
After only ten days he had taken control, and was fine from then on. The vet said he was 2-5 years old. He was very healthy up until 1996 when he suddenly developed Chrone's(sic) disease and had to be euthanized.
I still miss him.

Last edited by jhawk on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:40 am, edited 5 times in total.