[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - International opinion on American gun laws

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:42 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:43 pm 

There's only one real ‘freedom' in America—the freedom to kill one another… if guns weren't so readily available in the ‘land of the free,' this tragedy might never have happened."

—London's Daily Mail columnist Russell Miller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:45 pm 

"I feel sorry that there are innocent civilians getting killed for no reason. We in Iraq have tasted this curse and we know how difficult it is to lose a loved one. [But] at other times, especially when I'm emotional, I think, 'Let the American people get a taste of what they brought us, death and tragedies and blood everywhere.'
—Khalid Mohammed, a 33-year-old civil engineer in Baghdad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:56 pm 
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:22 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:37 pm 

Some Guns Save Lives:

principal and his gun
by Wayne Laugesen

Vice Principal Joel Myrick held his Colt .45 point blank to the high school boy's head. Last week, he told me what it was like. "I said 'why are you shooting my kids?' He said it was because nobody liked him and everything seemed hopeless," Myrick said. "Then I asked him his name. He said 'you know me, Mr. Myrick. Remember? I gave you a discount on your pizza delivery last week."

The shooter was Luke Woodham. On that day in 1997, Woodham slit his mother's throat then grabbed a .30-30 lever action deer rifle. He packed the pockets of his trench coat with ammo and headed off to Pearl High School, in Pearl, Miss.

The moment Myrick heard shots, he ran to his truck. He unlocked the door, removed his gun from its case, removed a round of bullets from another case, loaded the gun and went looking for the killer. "I've always kept a gun in the truck just in case something like this ever happened," said Myrick, who has since become Principal of Corinth High School, Corinth, Miss.

Woodham knew cops would arrive before too long, so he was all business, no play. No talk of Jesus, just shooting and reloading, shooting and reloading. He shot until he heard sirens, and then ran to his car. His plan, authorities subsequently learned, was to drive to nearby Pearl Junior High School and shoot more kids before police could show up.

But Myrick foiled that plan. He saw the killer fleeing the campus and positioned himself to point a gun at the windshield. Woodham, seeing the gun pointed at his head, crashed the car. Myrick approached the killer and confronted him. "Here was this monster killing kids in my school, and the minute I put a gun to his head he was a kid again," Myrick said.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:44 pm 

BY JAMES TARANTO
Friday, January 18, 2002 3:13 p.m. EST
Gun Stops Gunman
There was a shooting Wednesday at the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, Va. Peter Odighizuwa, a 43-year-old naturalized U.S. citizen from Nigeria who'd flunked out of school allegedly went on a rampage and killed a dean, a professor and a fellow student with a .380-caliber pistol. Three other students were injured.

But the presence of another gun on campus almost certainly saved lives. MSNBC reports:

Students ended the rampage by confronting and then tackling the gunman, officials said.

"We saw the shooter, stopped at my vehicle and got out my handgun and started to approach Peter," Tracy Bridges, who helped subdue the shooter with other students, said Thursday on NBC's "Today" show. "At that time, Peter threw up his hands and threw his weapon down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:52 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:55 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:42 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:02 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next