EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:14 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

SiberD wrote:
Hey old man, doncha mean your small 'grandchildren'?

You never know :wink: but since it was a guideline and my sons were young at one tiem it makse a good point of reference. :mrgreen:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:16 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Iowanic wrote:
And his great grand kids should be starting pre-school pretty soon!
!

I am not THAT old and besides our grand-dog has been fixed .....

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:18 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Golly! I didn't even know he was brocken!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:35 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Iowanic wrote:
Golly! I didn't even know he was brocken!

She ... and she was not even broken either .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
8) 8)

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:40 pm 

[

Uhhh...do you think we need a list of forbidden words? I mean, if I use one by mistake and get edited it's really gonna TICK me off. :shock:[/quote]

Admin note: Just write as you would want others to speak around your children and you should be fine. If that is a problem you will have to try to write as you were speaking around my small children. :mrgreen: [/quote]

Okey doke. :)

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO-HOO what a ride!”

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:14 am 

animal lover, it's ok to say LMAO right? You used it. The translation of it doesn't count, because you're not ACTUALLY spelling out the curse word. Would that also include ROFLMAO? So *SS is a no no here now? We're quite clear on calling people liars, but it's ok to use :---) Is *SSCLOWN ok since I'm also abbreviating it? Is smart*SS is ok??? Is it ok to abbreviate curse words or use emoticons in their stead?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:20 am 

Using an * in place of a letter is not making it an abbreviation. Can't you just not substitute another word in place of the swear words??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:25 am 

Dane99 wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
animallover wrote:
Wasn't that your suggestion originally?? I believe you had said something to that effect on another thread. :wink:

I did say HSUS weren't worth a HECK of a lot in one post. Maybe Dane misread it??? :wink: :mrgreen:

Uhhh...do you think we need a list of forbidden words? I mean, if I use one by mistake and get edited it's really gonna TICK me off. :shock:

I think you're right on the list of forbidden words. And the huge red font is way is out of line. But honestly I never in a million years would think *SS is a curse word.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
animal lover, it's ok to say LMAO right? You used it. The translation of it doesn't count, because you're not ACTUALLY spelling out the curse word. Would that also include ROFLMAO? So *SS is a no no here now? We're quite clear on calling people liars, but it's ok to use :---) Is *SSCLOWN ok since I'm also abbreviating it? Is smart*SS is ok??? Is it ok to abbreviate curse words or use emoticons in their stead?

In some of the other family oriented boards which I have visited such things are punished more severely because they are viewed as an attempt to get around the rules and anything outside of %&#^#@* or with specific letters included/removed was unacceptable. The bigger question is whether you can communicate without the references? Remember wer are supposed to be a FAMILY friendly site.

IMO, the common abbreviations such as SNAFU can be viewed in many ways and are not as blatant as the correct nunber of letters with one or perhaps two removed.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:32 am 

Quote:
IMO, the common abbreviations such as EDITED can be viewed in many ways and are not as blatant as the correct nunber of letters with one or perhaps two removed.

Does that mean you're gonna allow "EDITED"?, and similiar abbreviations?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:32 am 

The huge red font is something you could have avoided by complying and editing the words yourself when I asked. As for you not thinking that the word was not a swear word maybe be true yet you continue to use it in this discussion. Is it necessary to continue to do so after you have been told or is this about trying to push limits??

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:39 am 

SiberD wrote:
Quote:
IMO, the common abbreviations such as EDITED can be viewed in many ways and are not as blatant as the correct nunber of letters with one or perhaps two removed.

Does that mean you're gonna allow "EDITED"?, and similiar abbreviations?

What do you think?? And I am not to sure you want to get in the middle of this. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 am 

animallover wrote:
The huge red font is something you could have avoided by complying and editing the words yourself when I asked. As for you not thinking that the word was not a swear word maybe be true yet you continue to use it in this discussion. Is it necessary to continue to do so after you have been told or is this about trying to push limits??

The reason I did not edit it was because they were not swear words and you went too far, with first the interjection in the thread and the PM. I would understand if it WERE a swear word. But it was not. Unless you're friggin Amish.

Enjoy your new-found powers.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:47 am 

Grace wrote:
animallover wrote:

The reason I did not edit it was because they were not swear words and you went too far, with first the interjection in the thread and the PM. I would understand if it WERE a swear word. But it was not. Unless you're friggin Amish.

Enjoy your new-found powers.

I didn't make these rules. They were made before my new found powers which I have tried not to use in this matter. As for my interjection and my PM, I tried really hard to ask you nicely to edit you posts so that I would not have to make it official. But of course you wouldn't see that. You have put me in the position to handle this officially. It was totally your choice.

So here is the deal. Curb the language starting right now or it will be handled officially starting now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:48 am 

animallover wrote:

What do you think?? And I am not to sure you want to get in the middle of this. :wink:

Why not? Don't I have a right to ask how rules are going to be enforced? And you'd better go back and fix Wayne's post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next