[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Discussion of Forum Rules

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:11 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I have never seen you use an excessive amount of such inapropriate language in the past so I feel that you have nothing to worry about here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:21 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:01 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:04 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:07 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:10 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Arthur Schopenhauer

Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:12 pm 

Yikes, I step away from the computer for the day and look what breaks out! I want everyone (moderators and everyone else) to step back from the line for a second, please.

A few points:

1) EnviroLink abides by COPPA rules and as of today has never received any notifications from parents allowing their under-13 year old to use the forum. As such, we should all assume that none of our users are under 13. (clearly we have many that ACT like they are under 13)

2) The rules as written are not clear on what exactly are inappropriate words and which words are inappropriate. If I have to sit down and actually write out a list of such words, I will immediately shut down the board and give up on the lot of you. (it should be noted that I wrote the last sentence and edited out a few choice swear words).

3) I am not actually concerned about casual use of "swear" words when they aren't being applied to others, within reason. I am VERY concerned about the level of animosity that has been present here and how abusive users have been towards each other.

4) I VERY much agree with the sentiment expressed by OhioSteve about the fact that there should be no need for adult supervision here. Users should behave themselves and not be abusive towards others.

5) Grace... in general the term "ass" can be used in many ways that I would not have a problem with, but you expressed it in an aggressive, abusive manner. Yes, you aimed it at a group of people who may or may not be present on the boards, but you are not innocent in this one. Given your involvement in other abusive behavior here recently, I have no problem with the Animallover or anyone else on the board calling you on it.

6) I would like to direct (publicly) all moderators to exercise some judgment and intervene when inapropriate language is truly abusive towards others (here or not). I would also ask that instead of editing one word or two in a post, you either:

a) delete the entire post without notice and then issue a warning to the user; or
b) if you are feeling generous, give the user a chance to correct their infraction of the rules

7) I do not expect anyone who volunteers their time helping out here (which is everyone, including me) to be forced into the role of baby sitter. If you don't like the rules, feel free to discuss them here but expect that they will be enforced until they change. If you don't like it, please go somewhere else.

Everyone, please use some common sense and move on...

-josh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:16 pm 

I can still talk about gnomes, then? O:)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:41 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:42 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:45 am 

Noted Josh. But I resent being singled out when OHIOSTEVE, Pops, SD, fisherman, Donnie, etc. continually bait and antagonize me. They enjoy yanking my chain. Maybe their goal is to get me banned.

Edited to add, AND I've been insulted here plenty and called a bitch, pathetic, ignorant, stupid, full of crap, etc. etc. etc. I give back what I get. Not fair to be singled out in this regard. Enough.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:09 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:11 am 

On the issue of age of our users, we obviously don't know unless someone enters in their birthday (which you can do in your profile... if you do, the system wishes you happy birthday on the right day), but every user who is posting here has clicked that they certify that they are 13 years or older. You can not get on the system without doing that, and that has been in place for a very long time.

-josh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:48 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:07 am 

if I could wake up tomorrow morning and push a button and all the AR's would be gone, I would lay awake tonight in anticipation of pushing the button.~~OHIOSTEVE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next