[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Discussion of Forum Rules

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:55 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

I know that from time to time I use offensive language.. I'll have to keep an eye on it, I did that when I first started here but then things seemed to get lax and well.. there you have it.

In respect to the kids using words/phrases worse than what we say here.. that's probably true, but it doesn't mean we need to encourage it. Sometimes I cringe thinking that Redfurrymonster (where'd she go anyway? I miss her) might be lurking and seeing some of the things said. Granted she's about 14 now.. but still it makes me cringe. I know that I wouldn't want my Jimmy reading some of what goes down here partly due to language. Come to think of it.. if my mom read half of what went goes on here especially the words she'd have a coronary.. I should keep her away to. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:54 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:20 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:26 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:28 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:02 pm 

*raises eyebrow* What descriptions of torture are you talking about J.. the ones posted from news articles?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:05 pm 

Quote...' The graphic description of torture is not a problem for children if we adults believe it is fiction? I missed that somewhere, as much of the proposed descriptions of torture in animal use is also fictional...'
I dont get your drift here !

I am saying (God, this like pulling teeth)...The odd slang word is IMO not as bad as the graphic descriptions of torture etc from websites or postings by forum members, in other words FACTUAL accounts. Where did I say "...if we adults believe it is fiction " ? I ' missed that somewhere ' too !!

Where did I say that "...as much of the proposed descriptions of torture in animal use is also fictional..." ?

What I believe is that the wishes of some members of this forum for punishments are not factual actions likely to happen, but in there minds only ie. fictional.

Please don't put words in my mouth, as I'm taking a break to have a sandwich and there won't be room yet for anything else !

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:06 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:46 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:48 pm 

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming “WOO-HOO what a ride!”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:31 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:08 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:12 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:11 am 

Ok, this is veering off into the absurd. Could you all please knock it off and please take the chatter to another part of the forum? I think the intent that we want to create a welcoming community for all is fairly clear. Debating the details of how far you can push that is not something that is very productive. Move on.

-josh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next