EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I am confused
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:45 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

I don't know if this forum is gathering place for anti animal people or not but many people who post their messages on this forum support hunting, trapping, rodeos, circuses, vivisection, etc.
I am confused now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:44 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Some anti-AR people come here because they like a good debate.

Would a forum be any fun if it went like this:

Post 1: ZOMG KILLING ANIMALS IS BAD

Post 2: I LIEK TOTALLY AGREE :D

Post 3: YEAH LIEK ME TOO WHY CANT WE ALL BE FRIENDS?

Post 4: ZOMG ANIMALS ARE SOOOO CUTE AND CUDDLY

etc.

some people like to see why others think the way they do as well, and so they debate to find these things out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:37 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Reading messages of anti animal people is just like pro lifers to read messages of pro choice people who promote abortion and very irritating.
If people want to support barbarity like trapping, hunting, vivisection, rodeoes, circuses, etc, why don't they post messages to support barbarity on forums of animal haters?
There are many forums to please animal haters.
People with sadistic nature can post his/her message on these animal haters forum until his/her heart content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:49 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

You see, it is your OPINION that hunting, trapping, rodeo, etc. is a form of animal cruelty. That, however, is not the opinion of everyone else on this forum that has just as much right as you do to post here. This is an environmental forum with an animal concerns index. If you were looking for a tree huggers forum, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:14 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Violet13 wrote:
Reading messages of anti animal people is just like pro lifers to read messages of pro choice people who promote abortion and very irritating.
If people want to support barbarity like trapping, hunting, vivisection, rodeoes, circuses, etc, why don't they post messages to support barbarity on forums of animal haters?
There are many forums to please animal haters.
People with sadistic nature can post his/her message on these animal haters forum until his/her heart content.

haha you think im a pro lifer cuz I like to eat meat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:38 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

I had no idea this forum is gathering place for people who support hunting, trapping, vivisection, rodeoes, circuses, and many other animal cruelty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:43 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

I don't really like rodeos, I'm just saying they aren't as cruel as you seem to think. I've never hunted but I have nothing against it. Really my big thing on animals is the fishing laws they have in place now, since they are killing off the stock of menhaden up north as well as a bunch of popular sportfish. The loss of this stuff will kill the environment.

Seriously I think that you just don't like another viewpoint. Our "stupid biased asshole attacks" are actually covered by facts that you can't seem to refute. This is why you are complaining about it. If you want a forum where you can feel good about yourself then join PETA or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:24 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

bluedevi, your truth is not truth of honest people who care about animals.
Don't expect us to believe lies of people who defend animal cruelty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:42 am 

Violet, if you're ideals are so right, then you shouldn't mind us challenging them. I enjoy it when people challenge mine. Apparently you don't like to be challenged. You seem to just want everyone to agree with you. What's the point in having a discussion or debate on here if everyone agrees?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:08 pm 

Archer wrote:
Violet, if you're ideals are so right, then you shouldn't mind us challenging them. I enjoy it when people challenge mine. Apparently you don't like to be challenged. You seem to just want everyone to agree with you. What's the point in having a discussion or debate on here if everyone agrees?

The thread title is an accurate representation of its author's ideals and beliefs, if, in fact, there are any.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:30 pm 

Fosgate wrote:
Archer wrote:

The thread title is an accurate representation of its author's ideals and beliefs, if, in fact, there are any.

Excellent point. :lol:

Post subject: I agree with Violet 13
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:59 am 
New User
New User

I agree! This is NOT an animal rights forum.

Regarding one of your replies that this forum would be a bore if it was totally pro-animal, NO, it wouldn't be because:

1. we would not have been mislead.
2. that's the forum we wanted to be in, in the first place.
3. this is a sneaky way of getting AR people in and then bashing them to pieces!

Choo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:15 pm 

lovecanadageese wrote:
I agree! This is NOT an animal rights forum.

EXACTLY! It's not supposed to be either. It's a place to discuss animals CONCERNS, not a place for tree huggers to get together to agree on everything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:08 pm 
This user has been banned
This user has been banned

Well said....
The truth has never been so blatantly obvious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:15 am 

Meat-hunter wrote:
Well said....
The truth has never been so blatantly obvious.

Perhaps I'm feeling a bit too philosophical, but you think you've found truth? Wow, we should all sit at your feet and learn the secrets of the universe from you. It's kind of interesting to me that you seem to be on a much higher horse than the tree huggers you criticize so professionally.

When you're ready to walk on the same planet as the rest of us and be civil, perhaps you should rejoin the discussions.

-josh

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next