EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:21 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Hi, I'm new here, and pro-animal rights.

I think those who complain about this forum would be wise to read Tom Regan's book "Empty Cages". In this Regan discusses the social construction of the reasonable animal welfarist and the extreme and likely violent animal rightist.

Moreover, he notes that the countermovement to animal rights is well organised and many representatives of "animal user industries" (nonhuman exploiters) are busy maintaining the negative ideology about "ARAs".

I reckon this goes some way to explain the presence of some here. At least we can be sure that AR is perceived as a big enough threat to warrant monitoring and the disruption of its discourse.

We can let them have the final say in these forums or we can keep at it!

Ranka.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:50 pm 

ranka wrote:
Hi, I'm new here, and pro-animal rights.

I think those who complain about this forum would be wise to read Tom Regan's book "Empty Cages". In this Regan discusses the social construction of the reasonable animal welfarist and the extreme and likely violent animal rightist.

Moreover, he notes that the countermovement to animal rights is well organised and many representatives of "animal user industries" (nonhuman exploiters) are busy maintaining the negative ideology about "ARAs".

I reckon this goes some way to explain the presence of some here. At least we can be sure that AR is perceived as a big enough threat to warrant monitoring and the disruption of its discourse.

We can let them have the final say in these forums or we can keep at it!

Ranka.

Alrighty then.

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:49 am 
New User
New User

I am very glad to see you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:10 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

cheerful_fawn wrote:
How did it happen? How did a forum called Animal Concerns become a forum used daily only to bash animal rights? The name is so misleading. Have you considered deleting this particular message board? The only purpose it serves is to cloud the aspirations of animal rights activists and veg*ans with anti-AR propaganda and an overall negative attitude. All believers in AR seem to be virtually extinct here. I'm sorry to complain. :oops: I'm just wondering what vision you had for this place initially? Do you feel that animal concerns is really the topic here or perhaps that it has deviated into something more like Anti-Animal Concerns?

Even if I dont agree with what most of them half to say, I still post to try to prove my points, my belief is that hunting is wrong and twisted. But thats me, I have my beliefs as they are intiltiled to theirs. We can only try to peacefully make people see that its wrong, going about it in any other way gets you know where--- from experience Jamie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:04 am 

jamieherbalcoach wrote:
cheerful_fawn wrote:
How did it happen? How did a forum called Animal Concerns become a forum used daily only to bash animal rights? The name is so misleading. Have you considered deleting this particular message board? The only purpose it serves is to cloud the aspirations of animal rights activists and veg*ans with anti-AR propaganda and an overall negative attitude. All believers in AR seem to be virtually extinct here. I'm sorry to complain. :oops: I'm just wondering what vision you had for this place initially? Do you feel that animal concerns is really the topic here or perhaps that it has deviated into something more like Anti-Animal Concerns?

Even if I dont agree with what most of them half to say, I still post to try to prove my points, my belief is that hunting is wrong and twisted. But thats me, I have my beliefs as they are intiltiled to theirs. We can only try to peacefully make people see that its wrong, going about it in any other way gets you know where--- from experience Jamie

That's a good way to go about things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:43 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

I'm new here. I brought an issue with me. I have an issue against the use of epithets like "anti-animal" to describe statements made against animal rights or animal welfare organizations. I've read worse, like "inhumane."

Post subject: i agree
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:54 pm 
New User
New User

I just found this forum my self and there is nothing but a bunch of animal/caretaker bashers on this forum, I am now looking to cancel my account..Some of these people are just flat out mean and cruel despite ones plea. SComfort

Post subject: Re: i agree
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:03 pm 

carriehice wrote:
I just found this forum my self and there is nothing but a bunch of animal/caretaker bashers on this forum, I am now looking to cancel my account..Some of these people are just flat out mean and cruel despite ones plea. SComfort

All you've done on here is bash animals caretakers yourself. We actually tried to defend the caretakers that you bashed since it was your fault that they took your dog. It's not our fault that the blame lies with you, and it's not our fault that you can't handle the truth. I just call it as I see it. Maybe you should find a PETA site. Everybody agrees over there.