EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:55 pm 
This user has been banned

You can be whatever you want to be... You are the deciding factor in whether anything gets posted or not, If you dont want to read it then you take it off.. So who is really playing high and mighty again? I hardly believe I know the TRUTH in regards to all world issues and never implied I have ALL of the answers, however I do believe that archer speaks the truth about this site. Even if you were going for a warm and fuzzy forum for the ARA's or (tree-huggers) or whatever you want to call them today to get together and agree on everything its not happening.. . You know you support ALF members whose intent has been expressed through illegally activities to reach their goals... and you support hunters like myself and others who want to discuss such topics with these individuals... Not to tell them we are better than them, but to discuss the facts. I dont condone using false information to spread any cause nor do I think illegal activities including violence is the best way to resolve any solution. Im apparently alone on these morals.

"When you're ready to walk on the same planet as the rest of us and be civil, perhaps you should rejoin the discussions. "

You must have a different definition of civil then I do. Unless you would like to put some evidence behind that statement, which seems to be the issue with alot of posts on this site (lack of proof). I would enjoy seeing what you believe I posted that was not civil. Personally I believe the problem is its yourself who needs to redefine what you want from this site. If you want a warm and fuzzy that makes you feel like you are making huge changes in the world then your in the wrong place, These issues will not likely resolve after hugging and lying to each other for a year or two. Not everyone is going to like you and thats just the way it is when you run a forum with such a touchy subject.

Im sure you will enjoy deleting this as its CRITICIZING you, but note that I originally was agreeing with Archer that you were doing a good job of being a moderator and not taking sides invoking a place for DECENT AND CIVIL communication between groups that are usually not so friendly. I guess you proved this wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:48 pm 

Apparently this is not the truth

ARCHER said:
EXACTLY! It's not supposed to be either. It's a place to discuss animals CONCERNS, not a place for tree huggers to get together to agree on everything.

Which makes this not the truth

Your fair and objective moderator said:
"As one of the people in charge of this forum, I can tell you that it exists for the discussion and debate of environmental and animal concerns issues. It's not a place for everyone to agree about stuff on any particular issues. That's kind of boring and doesn't help to bring about any change in the world.

Open up your mind and learn to interact with those that disagree with you. That's a message for folks on all sides of the issues discussed here."

-josh

So honestly what is the TRUTH then? Why not come forward then and say what you intended this site for. You wanted to start this conversation with me saying that I have mistaken your intentions for this site. When the above is what you typed, previously. So if you say Im wrong its because you didn't type what you meant. All I did was agree. So what are your intentions? Are you attempting to get together the ARA's for more bombing strikes then? Or just create more fanatics? Or is it that too many people that aren't on YOUR level of morales are discussing intelligent concerns and facts?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:41 pm 
New User
New User

lovecanadageese wrote:
I agree! This is NOT an animal rights forum.

Quote:
Regarding one of your replies that this forum would be a bore if it was totally pro-animal, NO, it wouldn't be because:

1. we would not have been mislead.
2. that's the forum we wanted to be in, in the first place.
3. this is a sneaky way of getting AR people in and then bashing them to pieces!

Choo

I AGREE!! I WAS MISLEAD, AND NEVER BASHED ANYONES OPINIONS, YET I WAS CALLED NAMES...A STUPID LIBERAL TO BE EXSACT!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:46 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

UCANHELP wrote:
I AGREE!! I WAS MISLEAD,

Then it must have been by someone that didn't know anything of Envirolink. Doesn't make sense following the ignorant, does it?

Post subject: HERES SOME FEED BACK
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 6:48 pm 
New User
New User

I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER FOR 2 DAYS, AND HAVE NEVER BEEN CALLED SO MANY NAMES IN MY LIFE!! ALL BECAUSE I POSTED FOR HELP OR ADVICE ABOUT MY NEIGHBOR TRAPPING CATS!! I DO BELIEVE IN CONTROLING POPULATION OF SOME SPECIES TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF HUMANS, DEER HUNTING FOR INSTANCE, HOWEVER I DO NOT BELIEVE IN HUNTING FOR SPORT. IN NO WAY HAVE I BASHED ANY OF THE PEOPLE IN HERE WHO PARTAKE IN SUCH EVENTS. I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION AND GOT BASHED TO NO END!! YOUR FORUM TITLES ARE VERY MISLEADING. I AM ALWAYS UP FOR A GOOD DEBATE, BUT NAME CALLING HAS NO PLACE IN ANIMAL RIGHTS OR ANIMAL HATER FORUMS!! ARENT WE ALL ADULTS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:52 am 

I think this topic has gone as far as it will in the Feedback section. It is now locked.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2