[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Discrimination and hypocrisy

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:14 am 
I admire and agree with many of the actions of the ALF. I've often read of other members here who have also spoken out in favor of the ALF's illegal actions only to be viciously attacked by other members (as well as the "mods" for crying out loud!!!) for their opinions. I have not attacked other members here and have attacked ONLY criminal ACTIONS. I object to having my opinions denigrated and "attacked" for no other reason than those actions being illegal.

I do NOT engage in illegal or unethical actions and yet I am attacked by people who openly admit to crimes of horrific animal abuse. And, the owner and moderators of this forum actually protect the admitted criminals, because, they claim, the admitted criminals are members of this forum. They take the side of those members who admit to being criminals against those members who only agree with certain illegal actions.

If you're going to make up an arbitrary new rule that says I cannot openly disagree with and attack illegal animal cruelty (that used to be legal, whatever the hell THAT means!) isn't it time to make up a rule that covers other illegal actions that might have been legal in the past? If you're going to protect one group of criminals because they're members here, isn't it only fair to protect other members who live inside the law but agree with OTHER illegal actions? And, if you're going to demand that common criminals be treated with respect, what about actual members of the ALF who might also be members of this forum? Are you going to protect ALL criminals or only the ones with whom you agree?

During the past couple of days, I've gotten PM's from other members in which they talked about having to "shut up and suck up" to the owner and "mods", or be warned, deleted, edited or even banned. Just once, I'd like to see the "mods" of this forum be honest and fair in their actions. Just once, I'd like to see the "mods" have the gumption to face up to their own hypocrisy and let this post stand without immediately being deleted or edited.

I realize that many many others have been through this before me. And, I realize that the "mods" just go on doing as they wish with no thought as to what is right or fair. Just once, I'd like to see this issue treated fairly and without childish censure. Quit being so afraid of letting people state their opinions. Quit acting like little gods in your own little world and understand this is ONLY an internet forum.

(I wonder how long it will take the "mods" to delete this one, or will they dishonestly delete the parts they don't like ...?
I believe this is a fair and reasonable question but I wouldn't be surprised to come back later to find I'm banned that post gone.)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:29 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:40 am 
I did not say I "wish your situation with the other posters to improve".

Of course, I've been attacked (as recently as this morning) but that's not the point and not really important to THIS issue. Please do not try to make it about that.

Please re-read the bold portion of my op ...

If you're going to allow and encourage one group of members to admit to and take apparent pride in engaging in illegal actions, then why not another? And, why shouldn't members be able to applaud the criminals they agree with?

(Please note that I am very carefully abiding by Wayne's new rule of yesterday by not actually naming the illegal action or those who openly engage in it.)

The essence of what I'm asking for is that all points of view and all posters be treated the same.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:48 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:57 am 
IOW, you'll go on making up new rules to protect admitted criminals while allowing -

Oh never mind.

I'm not surprised at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:59 am 

Just to help you out....I copied a portion of the rules for you. If you need further clarification on this let me know and I will try to help you.

Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Typical back and forth on the issues is expected and encouraged. But, please discuss the issues in a way that that is respectful to others. Differences of opinion are fine, but please agree to disagree in order to avoid flame wars. No personal attacks, no vendettas and no detrimental venting will be tolerated and efforts should be made to avoid stereotyping other users. Users are encouraged to approach discussions and debates with the goal of finding mutual understanding and respect. We will not tolerate excessive rudeness, overly insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:14 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:02 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:13 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:44 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:50 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:02 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:06 pm 

Let's try this again..... with Paul Watson he is a SELF-PROCLAIMED pirate and also also claimed some and been prosecuted for some illegal actions he just feels what he is doing is justified. The same goes for ALF. They claim responsibility for illegal actions on a regular basis but again they feel they are justified.
So this is not really applicable to the example you wish to make it.

Since ALF has no members by their own claim there is no possible way that a member of ALF is a poster here. As for Paul Watson, he is not an active member of this board.

But barb what you are refusing to deal with, conveniently, is your behavior and trying to divert/put the focus everywhere else is quite obvious.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:26 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 2:35 pm 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next