[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Love at first sight...

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:43 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:44 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:56 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:05 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:51 pm 
New User
New User

I also read in an article that people don't fall in love, it's all the hormones fault. Some people have very strong hormones and they atract each other, of compatible hormones. Their name are feromonas (in portuguese XD). But still i don't think that was the hormones doing!!! i'm not nearby the guy and when i think of him i feel my heart beating fast XD do thoughs have smell? lol

Read my story/post please :)

Last edited by Piky on Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:51 pm 
New User
New User

I'm going to write these with many details and as a story, so that you understand why i tough it was love not lust.

I do believe in love at first sight, actually it already happened to me. :oops: I felt in love five years ago, and i risk to say that i'm still in love for that person. We went to the same high school and it was my first year when i saw him. I lost myself in his eyes, all i could see was his eyes, it almost seemed that he could see right trough me. I felt instantly in love and only then i saw his figure. He was tall, tanned, skinny, had blue eyes, freckles and blonde hair (not natural blond hair it was burnt by the sun because he was a surfer). He was not my type of man. My type of man had always been a guy with more meat on his bones, with that teddy bear face, brown/black hair and brown eyes. Also he was not the finnest guy there, right beside him was his best friend that was DAMN HOT!!! I MEAN REALLY HOT!! those kind of guys that make you droll whenever you see them. So i think it was for his physiques that i felt for him...

As the days went by all the times i saw him i had all the typical syntoms of a person who had fall in love. My heart beated fast, i sweat, i had butterflies on my stomach, my legs trembled and i went super happy just because i saw him. As the time passed by i gained courage to introduce myself, but we rarely spoke, because he was a year older and he's friends didn't like me (i still don't know why). But soon i realized that i could found him wherever he was. Whenever he passed behind me i would sensed it and immediatilly looked back. I was always passing by him in the corridors, and the school patio, when i concentrated i would know exactly were he was and went there as if i was hipnotized. I even knew what belong to him! (one day i passed a wall in my school, that had lots of art works, i didn't knew from what class it was and even didn't knew his style and i instinctevily knew that one of those drawings was made by him, and i knew what it was, later i confirmed with him and i was right). This antena of mine didn't only function on school but in the city as well. I had days were i encountered him several times in very distinctive places. I could only think of him even though we weren't friends.

Even though we didn't knew each other he started changing because of me, because what i liked in a guy, one day he even walked all over the other edge of the beach (and it's a very long one) because a friend of mine told him i was there. He even broke up with a girlfriend of his because me ( i know this because they broke right in front of me, i cumplimented me and his girlfriend just started screaming "it's always her! i hate her! why do you like her so much! you don't even know her!"). But even all this happened when i confessed my love to him he told me that we should be friends first. After that two weeks later classes ended and he changed school in another city. When he went to my city on summer i would always encounter and i would always feel the same. Know five years have passed, and he still feel this way. I have his e-mail bue we rarely talk... I guess i'm afraid that if i try to approach him more he will ran away. We have a strange relation. I tell him everythin and he tells me everything too as if we were old buddies, but at the same time we were never friends. We never went out together or talked more than 15 minutes face to face, but despite that he gaved me his calendar, told me he wanted to me to be his sister friend and even said that he would like to go out someday. But none of those things happened.

When i talk to him i feel happy, and light and very optmistic. I don't think it's lust at all. I just don't understand why did i had to feel for a guy that was never mine and will never be. I would like to be his friend now, but i don't know how to approach him. If you have any ideas tell me please :D

Sorry for the poor english, and for writing such a long reply. I think i also had to take this weight of my chest.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:58 pm 
New User
New User

when i say calendar i mean schedule

And in the prhase :"So i think it was for his physiques that i felt for him..." it's - So i think it wasn't for his physiques that i felt for him...

XD sorryyyy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:59 am 

The only suggestion I can make is talk to him... tell him what you want from him and ask him what he wants. Five years is a long time to be hanging on to a possibilty, no one deserves to be left hanging like that. Ask him what the deal is, let him know where you stand on it.. and if you two can't agree on where to go with this relationship.. than you need to move on. It'll hurt, but the hanging on and not knowing hurts as well.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:35 am 

Just thought I'd share this observation with you...

In my younger days I was a bit of a prude without much passion.

Now I've reached my 'golden ' years, I've discovered my hidden capacity for passion, lust or whatever you call it...but now no-one wants to know.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:51 am 
New User
New User

thank you very much for your advices!! I'll do that :) thank you

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:14 pm 
New User
New User

I think that it is completely and utterly possible/ true. I know it sounds kind of naive to think that one could fall in love with or suddenly love someone after just seeing them for the frist time, but i think it's possible. First of all, there are scientific studies that support the idea that most people only see or talk with their potential love interests for 30 seconds before establishing them as attractive, lovable, and other adjectives that we use to dertermine who we choose to fall in love with. Another reason why i believe in it, is because think about it. Love is supposed to be uncontitional, that means that no matter what, you will still love that person. That being said, consider two people. They both have the same attributes and are essentially the same person. You, however, are only in love with one of them. This is because no matter what your list of requirements are for a potential mate, only some people have that "thing" that you simply CANNOT describe. You have to be honest with yourself. When asked why you love someone, after listing various generic reasons, you have no idea why you love them...you just do. It's basically the same thing for love at first sight; you've seen something in them that lacks in anyone else. I, for example, saw my current boyfriend and i saw something in his eyes. I have no idea what it was but i wanted to tell him that i loved him right then and there. It's corny, i know, but it's the truth. After talking with him, i realized that he was perfect for me, and he realized that i was perfect for him. I love him unconditionally; it doesn't matter if he smokes, i don't even care if he refuses to wash his own dishes, i saw something in him that i can only label as special and fell in love with him thereafter. That is love at first sight, and after rambling for what seems like an hour, i can only say that if you have not experienced this magical thing, then i guess you have a right to be doubtful, but do not completely diregard the possibility because you simply cannot know when it will happen to you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:34 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

I think this is true "love at first sight", but it doesn't mean it stops that way. There might be an undeniably and good feeling within you something like a deep attraction that you wanna know the person that well. You might say that, yeah, it might be an attraction but not love, though the moment you pursue that person then I must say there's love involve in it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:55 am 
New User
New User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:31 am 
New User
New User

may be its true , but I do not believe in love at first sight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:12 am 

Let the friggin 4 year old thread die!!!!!!