EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:14 am 
I would like to suggest that the feedback section be left for Josh to edit because moderators are deleting, then banning, members for posting in this section claiming warning were given for arguing when such claims were not given.

I have also noticed that post in the feedback section that complain about moderators are fast deleted. I believe that the forum moderators should be held accountable and be able to stand upto ligit critisism but this doesn't seem to happen instead, what happens, is that complains are swept under the carpet.

Maybe a word in the ear about bending alittle before banning instead of this ridgid stance we are subject to?

What happened to the old Envirolink where we could all have it out once in a while but still be friends, part of life is it not? Used to be fun here.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:11 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:53 am
Posts: 2281
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
The problem, X-Black, is that the feedback section for a while was being abused and it became a place for people to vent their embarrassment at "getting in trouble" somewhere else. In our Rules, which everyone agrees to before posting and also has a reminder of at the top of every forum area here, it clearly states:

Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.

Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.

Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to make a complaint in the Feedback section or by PM to the Administrator. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning.


I do intervene when I think a mod has gone overboard or whatever, but to be honest most of the time that is just not the case. Users will vote with their feet and move on to another forum if I'm wrong too many times.

-josh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:33 am 
josh knauer wrote:
The problem, X-Black, is that the feedback section for a while was being abused and it became a place for people to vent their embarrassment at "getting in trouble" somewhere else. In our Rules, which everyone agrees to before posting and also has a reminder of at the top of every forum area here, it clearly states:

Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.

Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.

Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to make a complaint in the Feedback section or by PM to the Administrator. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning.


I do intervene when I think a mod has gone overboard or whatever, but to be honest most of the time that is just not the case. Users will vote with their feet and move on to another forum if I'm wrong too many times.

-josh


Well Josh I was not given any warnings at all before posts were deleted and I was banned for very little IMHO. How else can things be sorted if you have no evidence of what goes on and if you do have an unfair mod/s how can you police them if people complain of indiscriminate deleting and bans?

Is it the case you wish people to vote with their feet or would it be best for objective moderation, then people wouldn't have to leave like the likes of Wayne a well respected member? I do believe the heart of the issue of him leaving is the main reason for MANY complaints in the past few months. This was always a fair forum that moderated objectivly, not anymore from what I'v noticed.

Am I missing someting here?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
X-Black wrote:
josh knauer wrote:
The problem, X-Black, is that the feedback section for a while was being abused and it became a place for people to vent their embarrassment at "getting in trouble" somewhere else. In our Rules, which everyone agrees to before posting and also has a reminder of at the top of every forum area here, it clearly states:

Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.

Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.

Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to make a complaint in the Feedback section or by PM to the Administrator. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning.


I do intervene when I think a mod has gone overboard or whatever, but to be honest most of the time that is just not the case. Users will vote with their feet and move on to another forum if I'm wrong too many times.

-josh


Well Josh I was not given any warnings at all before posts were deleted and I was banned for very little IMHO. How else can things be sorted if you have no evidence of what goes on and if you do have an unfair mod/s how can you police them if people complain of indiscriminate deleting and bans?

Is it the case you wish people to vote with their feet or would it be best for objective moderation, then people wouldn't have to leave like the likes of Wayne a well respected member? I do believe the heart of the issue of him leaving is the main reason for MANY complaints in the past few months. This was always a fair forum that moderated objectivly, not anymore from what I'v noticed.

Am I missing someting here?


Actually you were warned before your posts were deleted.....and you actually made a point of arguing with Admin Notes that were posted in reference to that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 2452
Location: The only hole built above ground
Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.



Why is it that this rule is not followed equally? There has been a person banned without the three strikes or even a temporary ban. Straight to a permanent one foregoing all warnings.

_________________
I can have oodles of charm....... when I want to.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:12 pm 
Quote:

Actually you were warned before your posts were deleted.....and you actually made a point of arguing with Admin Notes that were posted in reference to that.


I would like to see you prove that one because it never happened.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:15 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
SiberD wrote:
Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.



Why is it that this rule is not followed equally? There has been a person banned without the three strikes or even a temporary ban. Straight to a permanent one foregoing all warnings.



Just to help you out as this is not "your" issue...........rules of the feedback forum.
Quote:
This forum is ONLY for providing direct feedback to EnviroLink volunteers. It is NOT a debate forum and it is not a place for people to air their personal bias and/or continue arguments from other areas of the forum.

If you help inflame a thread here in the feedback section from this point forward, you will be banned for a week by me. Inflaming a thread here is defined as sticking your nose into another user's feedback with unhelpful or inflammatory postings.

Really, I don't see any reason why anyone other than myself or a moderator should respond to a feedback posting made here by another user. Do so at your own peril and be sure you are very confident you are somehow helping the situation.

-josh


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:18 pm 
Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.



Why is it that this rule is not followed equally? There has been a person banned without the three strikes or even a temporary ban. Straight to a permanent one foregoing all warnings.

Valid point?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:48 pm
Posts: 1841
Location: Where the smoke is
X-Black wrote:
Quote:

Actually you were warned before your posts were deleted.....and you actually made a point of arguing with Admin Notes that were posted in reference to that.


I would like to see you prove that one because it never happened.


I'll help you out on this one:

You were issued a warning on Sun Nov 16, Sun Nov 16, and on Sun Nov 17 at which time you were issued a temporary ban..and not by Animallover.

_________________
We do what we must because we can,for the good of all of us....except the ones that are dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
X-Black wrote:
Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.



Why is it that this rule is not followed equally? There has been a person banned without the three strikes or even a temporary ban. Straight to a permanent one foregoing all warnings.

Valid point?

This issue is not your issue and as such you are now violating the rules of this forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:22 pm 
Mr. Venom wrote:
X-Black wrote:
Quote:

Actually you were warned before your posts were deleted.....and you actually made a point of arguing with Admin Notes that were posted in reference to that.


I would like to see you prove that one because it never happened.


I'll help you out on this one:

You were issued a warning on Sun Nov 16, Sun Nov 16, and on Sun Nov 17 at which time you were issued a temporary ban..and not by Animallover.


Not according to my mail box! Please help me out more by pointing me in the right direction :-


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:24 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:48 pm
Posts: 1841
Location: Where the smoke is
X-Black wrote:

Not according to my mail box!


We have better ways of keeping track of these issues other than your mailbox.

_________________
We do what we must because we can,for the good of all of us....except the ones that are dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:27 pm 
animallover wrote:
X-Black wrote:
Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.



Why is it that this rule is not followed equally? There has been a person banned without the three strikes or even a temporary ban. Straight to a permanent one foregoing all warnings.

Valid point?

This issue is not your issue and as such you are now violating the rules of this forum.


Josh answered to my feedback and so my issue I quoted his reply,SD took the words out of my mouth. Isn't your post covered under the enviro laws under baiting?

Does this prove a point Josh???


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:34 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
X-Black wrote:


Josh answered to my feedback and so my issue I quoted his reply,SD took the words out of my mouth. Isn't your post covered under the enviro laws under baiting?

Does this prove a point Josh???


No it is "notification" that you are now violating rules of this forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm 
Mr. Venom wrote:
X-Black wrote:

Not according to my mail box!


We have better ways of keeping track of these issues other than your mailbox.


I'm familiar with php forums, so please enlighten me withthe warnings backed up with the "offending" posts.


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group