EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:14 am 
I would like to suggest that the feedback section be left for Josh to edit because moderators are deleting, then banning, members for posting in this section claiming warning were given for arguing when such claims were not given.

I have also noticed that post in the feedback section that complain about moderators are fast deleted. I believe that the forum moderators should be held accountable and be able to stand upto ligit critisism but this doesn't seem to happen instead, what happens, is that complains are swept under the carpet.

Maybe a word in the ear about bending alittle before banning instead of this ridgid stance we are subject to?

What happened to the old Envirolink where we could all have it out once in a while but still be friends, part of life is it not? Used to be fun here.

Post subject: Re: Feedback editing.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:11 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

The problem, X-Black, is that the feedback section for a while was being abused and it became a place for people to vent their embarrassment at "getting in trouble" somewhere else. In our Rules, which everyone agrees to before posting and also has a reminder of at the top of every forum area here, it clearly states:

Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.

Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.

Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to make a complaint in the Feedback section or by PM to the Administrator. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning.

I do intervene when I think a mod has gone overboard or whatever, but to be honest most of the time that is just not the case. Users will vote with their feet and move on to another forum if I'm wrong too many times.

-josh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:33 am 
josh knauer wrote:
The problem, X-Black, is that the feedback section for a while was being abused and it became a place for people to vent their embarrassment at "getting in trouble" somewhere else. In our Rules, which everyone agrees to before posting and also has a reminder of at the top of every forum area here, it clearly states:

Quote:
EnviroLink operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days.

Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.

Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to make a complaint in the Feedback section or by PM to the Administrator. If they feel you were treated badly they may remove a warning.

I do intervene when I think a mod has gone overboard or whatever, but to be honest most of the time that is just not the case. Users will vote with their feet and move on to another forum if I'm wrong too many times.

-josh

Well Josh I was not given any warnings at all before posts were deleted and I was banned for very little IMHO. How else can things be sorted if you have no evidence of what goes on and if you do have an unfair mod/s how can you police them if people complain of indiscriminate deleting and bans?

Is it the case you wish people to vote with their feet or would it be best for objective moderation, then people wouldn't have to leave like the likes of Wayne a well respected member? I do believe the heart of the issue of him leaving is the main reason for MANY complaints in the past few months. This was always a fair forum that moderated objectivly, not anymore from what I'v noticed.

Am I missing someting here?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 pm 

X-Black wrote:
josh knauer wrote:

Quote:

-josh

Well Josh I was not given any warnings at all before posts were deleted and I was banned for very little IMHO. How else can things be sorted if you have no evidence of what goes on and if you do have an unfair mod/s how can you police them if people complain of indiscriminate deleting and bans?

Is it the case you wish people to vote with their feet or would it be best for objective moderation, then people wouldn't have to leave like the likes of Wayne a well respected member? I do believe the heart of the issue of him leaving is the main reason for MANY complaints in the past few months. This was always a fair forum that moderated objectivly, not anymore from what I'v noticed.

Am I missing someting here?

Actually you were warned before your posts were deleted.....and you actually made a point of arguing with Admin Notes that were posted in reference to that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:09 pm 

Quote:

Why is it that this rule is not followed equally? There has been a person banned without the three strikes or even a temporary ban. Straight to a permanent one foregoing all warnings.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:12 pm 
Quote:

Actually you were warned before your posts were deleted.....and you actually made a point of arguing with Admin Notes that were posted in reference to that.

I would like to see you prove that one because it never happened.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:15 pm 

SiberD wrote:
Quote:

Why is it that this rule is not followed equally? There has been a person banned without the three strikes or even a temporary ban. Straight to a permanent one foregoing all warnings.

Just to help you out as this is not "your" issue...........rules of the feedback forum.
Quote:
This forum is ONLY for providing direct feedback to EnviroLink volunteers. It is NOT a debate forum and it is not a place for people to air their personal bias and/or continue arguments from other areas of the forum.

If you help inflame a thread here in the feedback section from this point forward, you will be banned for a week by me. Inflaming a thread here is defined as sticking your nose into another user's feedback with unhelpful or inflammatory postings.

Really, I don't see any reason why anyone other than myself or a moderator should respond to a feedback posting made here by another user. Do so at your own peril and be sure you are very confident you are somehow helping the situation.

-josh

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:18 pm 
Quote:

Valid point?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm 

X-Black wrote:
Quote:

I'll help you out on this one:

You were issued a warning on Sun Nov 16, Sun Nov 16, and on Sun Nov 17 at which time you were issued a temporary ban..and not by Animallover.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm 

X-Black wrote:
Quote:

Valid point?

This issue is not your issue and as such you are now violating the rules of this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:22 pm 
Mr. Venom wrote:
X-Black wrote:
Quote:

I'll help you out on this one:

You were issued a warning on Sun Nov 16, Sun Nov 16, and on Sun Nov 17 at which time you were issued a temporary ban..and not by Animallover.

Not according to my mail box! Please help me out more by pointing me in the right direction :-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:24 pm 

X-Black wrote:

Not according to my mail box!

We have better ways of keeping track of these issues other than your mailbox.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:27 pm 
animallover wrote:
X-Black wrote:
Quote:

Valid point?

This issue is not your issue and as such you are now violating the rules of this forum.

Josh answered to my feedback and so my issue I quoted his reply,SD took the words out of my mouth. Isn't your post covered under the enviro laws under baiting?

Does this prove a point Josh???

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:34 pm 

X-Black wrote:

Josh answered to my feedback and so my issue I quoted his reply,SD took the words out of my mouth. Isn't your post covered under the enviro laws under baiting?

Does this prove a point Josh???

No it is "notification" that you are now violating rules of this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:06 pm 
Mr. Venom wrote:
X-Black wrote:

Not according to my mail box!

We have better ways of keeping track of these issues other than your mailbox.

I'm familiar with php forums, so please enlighten me withthe warnings backed up with the "offending" posts.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next