EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:47 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 1613
Location: New York City
Hi Josh,

As you know, I got banned for three warnings sent to me from AL:

1) Copyrights violation: Validity of this violation was disputed by Wayne as based on a lie by AL. Wayne has quit over this. He has personally told me so. I have a proof for this.

2) Personal insult: I've indirectly called Donnie Mac Leod "animal killer." Donnie admits he traps and kills animals. Calling him an "animal killer" is descriptive of what Donnie does, therefore it is not an insult. It is like telling an executioner: "you execute people."

3) Copyright violation: I quoted four short sentences from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I understand that moderators can't look for each article's copy right status but I thought that most of people knew that one is free to quote, reproduce and change the content of Wikipedia in any size and shape they want.
( Link )

Personally, I feel that all these warnings had to do more with AL's personal vendetta and double standard than anything else. I am not going to get into this on public forum but if you wish I can discuss this privately with you.

I'm hoping you can do something about this, otherwise I'll have to conclude that I'm not welcomed here.

Ante

PS I am sending you this same massage also via PM just in case it gets deleted, as many of my other posts have been, with you knowing or not knowing, I wouldn't know.

_________________
http://www.antebozanich.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:18 am 
I would like to add to the bogus warnings post by making you aware that I was banned without any warning what-so-ever, seems to be the norm?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:08 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
Ante Bozanich wrote:
Hi Josh,

As you know, I got banned for three warnings sent to me from AL:

1) Copyrights violation: Validity of this violation was disputed by Wayne as based on a lie by AL. Wayne has quit over this. He has personally told me so. I have a proof for this.
Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


2) Personal insult: I've indirectly called Donnie Mac Leod "animal killer." Donnie admits he traps and kills animals. Calling him an "animal killer" is descriptive of what Donnie does, therefore it is not an insult. It is like telling an executioner: "you execute people."
Your personal attacks have hardly been limited to what you are claiming here. Personal attacks are a violation of this forum. This is not a new rule and it is one you are warned about regularly. Stop with the name calling and this will no longer be an issue for you.


3) Copyright violation: I quoted four short sentences from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I understand that moderators can't look for each article's copy right status but I thought that most of people knew that one is free to quote, reproduce and change the content of Wikipedia in any size and shape they want.
( Link )
The posting rules of this forum are to post only 2 sentences...despite copyright status of other sites or articles.


Personally, I feel that all these warnings had to do more with AL's personal vendetta and double standard than anything else. I am not going to get into this on public forum but if you wish I can discuss this privately with you.

I'm hoping you can do something about this, otherwise I'll have to conclude that I'm not welcomed here.

Ante

PS I am sending you this same massage also via PM just in case it gets deleted, as many of my other posts have been, with you knowing or not knowing, I wouldn't know.



My suggestion, is to actually to read and post in accordance to the rules of this forum and as you wish, your issues will all be resolved.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:27 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 1613
Location: New York City
animallover wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
Hi Josh,

As you know, I got banned for three warnings sent to me from AL:

1) Copyrights violation: Validity of this violation was disputed by Wayne as based on a lie by AL. Wayne has quit over this. He has personally told me so. I have a proof for this.
Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


2) Personal insult: I've indirectly called Donnie Mac Leod "animal killer." Donnie admits he traps and kills animals. Calling him an "animal killer" is descriptive of what Donnie does, therefore it is not an insult. It is like telling an executioner: "you execute people."
Your personal attacks have hardly been limited to what you are claiming here. Personal attacks are a violation of this forum. This is not a new rule and it is one you are warned about regularly. Stop with the name calling and this will no longer be an issue for you.


3) Copyright violation: I quoted four short sentences from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. I understand that moderators can't look for each article's copy right status but I thought that most of people knew that one is free to quote, reproduce and change the content of Wikipedia in any size and shape they want.
( Link )
The posting rules of this forum are to post only 2 sentences...despite copyright status of other sites or articles.


Personally, I feel that all these warnings had to do more with AL's personal vendetta and double standard than anything else. I am not going to get into this on public forum but if you wish I can discuss this privately with you.

I'm hoping you can do something about this, otherwise I'll have to conclude that I'm not welcomed here.

Ante

PS I am sending you this same massage also via PM just in case it gets deleted, as many of my other posts have been, with you knowing or not knowing, I wouldn't know.



My suggestion, is to actually to read and post in accordance to the rules of this forum and as you wish, your issues will all be resolved.


This massage was addressed to Josh. Unless you are posting for Josh, your reply is meaningless as far as I am concerned. I'm waiting and looking forward for Josh's reply at his convenience and through the channel of his choice.

_________________
http://www.antebozanich.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:44 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:48 pm
Posts: 1841
Location: Where the smoke is
Ante Bozanich wrote:

This massage was addressed to Josh. Unless you are posting for Josh, your reply is meaningless as far as I am concerned. I'm waiting and looking forward for Josh's reply at his convenience and through the channel of his choice.


Then I suggest you should send Josh a PM instead of posting in a public forum. When issues arise we communicate with each other and discuss what can be done to alleviate the issue. Any warnings or bans, whether permanent or temporary,are done under the approval of Josh.

_________________
We do what we must because we can,for the good of all of us....except the ones that are dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:51 pm 
Quote:
Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


If posts were not indiscriminatly deleted we would have a point of reference to refer to ie: the desputed post/s in question. As it stands we only have a mods word for it and under the circumstances ( many who disagree with mod/s judgements ) members have nothing to support their claims, convenient for some?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:54 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
X-Black wrote:
Quote:
Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


If posts were not indiscriminatly deleted we would have a point of reference to refer to ie: the desputed post/s in question. As it stands we only have a mods word for it and under the circumstances ( many who disagree with mod/s judgements ) members have nothing to support their claims, convenient for some?


Not exactly true....Josh has seen all the posts in question as have all the Moderators.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:58 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 1613
Location: New York City
Mr. Venom wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:

This massage was addressed to Josh. Unless you are posting for Josh, your reply is meaningless as far as I am concerned. I'm waiting and looking forward for Josh's reply at his convenience and through the channel of his choice.


Then I suggest you should send Josh a PM instead of posting in a public forum. When issues arise we communicate with each other and discuss what can be done to alleviate the issue. Any warnings or bans, whether permanent or temporary,are done under the approval of Josh.


Fine. As I have stated above I have sent Josh a PM already with the identical content as the first post on this thread. However, I wanted to make my message also public since I do not like secrecy and find this whole thing rather disturbing.

_________________
http://www.antebozanich.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:00 pm 
animallover wrote:
X-Black wrote:
Quote:
Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


If posts were not indiscriminatly deleted we would have a point of reference to refer to ie: the desputed post/s in question. As it stands we only have a mods word for it and under the circumstances ( many who disagree with mod/s judgements ) members have nothing to support their claims, convenient for some?


Not exactly true....Josh has seen all the posts in question as have all the Moderators.


Hmmm, I would queston that since I was banned without warning and I notice that it was after a post questioning a friend of yours? If the 3 waning ruel stands then I shouldn't have got a ban. Antway I don't see this going anywhere other than another ban for discussing points of contention with a very unpopular mod.

It's come to something when members feel the need to copy and forward posts in the feedback section through fear of it going into the enviro blackhole!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:36 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20536
Location: Southeastern US
animallover wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:

1) Copyrights violation: Validity of this violation was disputed by Wayne as based on a lie by AL. Wayne has quit over this. He has personally told me so. I have a proof for this.

Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


Not exactly is not correct. At the time he posted a large portion of an article when the rules here were one paragraph and you instructed him to post two paragraphs. Later he posted two paragraphs, but the article was only two paragraphs long. He then posted one paragraph of an article that was one paragraph long. While Fosgate and I discussed the change needed to the rules you went off on your own and issued a warning for following your instructions. When Josh took the position it was only a warning, which it seems worked into a ban, I tried to resign my post as moderator and later left the board. That is the truth of that matter regardless of how you want to try to spin it.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:41 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:38 am
Posts: 16150
Location: Florida
Wayne Stollings wrote:
animallover wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:

1) Copyrights violation: Validity of this violation was disputed by Wayne as based on a lie by AL. Wayne has quit over this. He has personally told me so. I have a proof for this.

Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


Not exactly is not correct. At the time he posted a large portion of an article when the rules here were one paragraph and you instructed him to post two paragraphs. Later he posted two paragraphs, but the article was only two paragraphs long. He then posted one paragraph of an article that was one paragraph long. While Fosgate and I discussed the change needed to the rules you went off on your own and issued a warning for following your instructions. When Josh took the position it was only a warning, which it seems worked into a ban, I tried to resign my post as moderator and later left the board. That is the truth of that matter regardless of how you want to try to spin it.


No...Josh personally instructed me to issue the warning. And 2 paragraphs of a 2 paragraph article is an entire article. So unless you specifically know what Josh said to me, you are out of line and in violation of the rules of this forum as you are only posting to incite drama.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:43 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20536
Location: Southeastern US
animallover wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
animallover wrote:
Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


Not exactly is not correct. At the time he posted a large portion of an article when the rules here were one paragraph and you instructed him to post two paragraphs. Later he posted two paragraphs, but the article was only two paragraphs long. He then posted one paragraph of an article that was one paragraph long. While Fosgate and I discussed the change needed to the rules you went off on your own and issued a warning for following your instructions. When Josh took the position it was only a warning, which it seems worked into a ban, I tried to resign my post as moderator and later left the board. That is the truth of that matter regardless of how you want to try to spin it.


No...Josh personally instructed me to issue the warning. And 2 paragraphs of a 2 paragraph article is an entire article. So unless you specifically know what Josh said to me, you are out of line and in violation of the rules of this forum as you are only posting to incite drama.


The truth is inciting drama? Since the rules seem to mean very little any more maybe you should ban me now to keep me from speaking it again.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:46 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:02 pm
Posts: 5941
I will probably get banned for this but al you are the cause of 99% of the "drama" on this board. Look at how it has went down hill since your inauguration as queen bee. You use your mod status as a weapon rather than a tool for the betterment of the board. YOUR POSTS in this thread alone are as much in violation of the rules as anyone elses as this forum is NOT for debate and you started a debate immediately. You are like a middle school hall monitor full of yourself and it frankly getting extremely old. I don't think anyone ( even those who dislike or disagree with him) would question WAYNES honesty. And for you to attempt to shut him and others up in this thread with "you're breaking board rules" is as transparent as a clean window. If JOSH cannot see the truth of what has been being said concerning you for a while now it is simply because he does not want to.

_________________
SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:52 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 5:02 pm
Posts: 5941
BTW hi wayne.. glad to see you here even if it is under these conditions.

_________________
SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM ....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bogus Warnings
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:57 pm 
animallover wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
animallover wrote:
Despite your claim, which BTW is not exactly true......you posted the contents of an entire page/article in this instance and it was not the first time. You were warned about doing so prior and decided to ignore the rules and the prior earlier warnings. Posting the entirely of any article is a violation and always has been. This particular warning was also issued under Josh's directive.


Not exactly is not correct. At the time he posted a large portion of an article when the rules here were one paragraph and you instructed him to post two paragraphs. Later he posted two paragraphs, but the article was only two paragraphs long. He then posted one paragraph of an article that was one paragraph long. While Fosgate and I discussed the change needed to the rules you went off on your own and issued a warning for following your instructions. When Josh took the position it was only a warning, which it seems worked into a ban, I tried to resign my post as moderator and later left the board. That is the truth of that matter regardless of how you want to try to spin it.


No...Josh personally instructed me to issue the warning. And 2 paragraphs of a 2 paragraph article is an entire article. So unless you specifically know what Josh said to me, you are out of line and in violation of the rules of this forum as you are only posting to incite drama.


The truth is inciting drama? Since the rules seem to mean very little any more maybe you should ban me now to keep me from speaking it again.[/quote]

Long timr nocopy oldchap =D>

Hope you are well and the family are too :wink:


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group