EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello world.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:00 am 
My name is Suzanne and I am lucky enough to live in a wonderful part of the UK, a little hamlet in the Derbyshire countryside. Below is a photo of me with Georgia a Beagle my husband and I rescued. We have three Beagles living with us.

I am Vegan who lives, where possible, without contributing to the suffering of life growing much of what we eat helps achieve our vegan goals.

I love our cottage, it is over 500 years old and has alot of history. I love life and I love the world, warts and all!

Post subject: Re: Hello world.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:20 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Howdy-do Herberts!

A 500 year old house? Way cool!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:12 am 
Iowanic wrote:
Howdy-do Herberts!

A 500 year old house? Way cool!

Well not the whole house, some on the site dates back to the middle ages but much has change over the years. It started it's days a one room cottage built around an Inglenook fireplace that is still the centre of the cottage to this day. Once upon-a-time it had a thatch roof but in the late 1700s it was remove when expanded upwards. It has it's own fresh water spring but the pump needs replacing. We have alot of work to do to the property to bring it upto scratch.

The cottage was once a butchers, post office, shop and wheel makers. We have a lot of land with the cottage, a large oak barn and a well established natural pond that need work.

It's a great life to live!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:32 am 

herberts wrote:
My name is Suzanne and I am lucky enough to live in a wonderful part of the UK, a little hamlet in the Derbyshire countryside. Below is a photo of me with Georgia a Beagle my husband and I rescued. We have three Beagles living with us.

I am Vegan who lives, where possible, without contributing to the suffering of life growing much of what we eat helps achieve our vegan goals.

I love our cottage, it is over 500 years old and has alot of history. I love life and I love the world, warts and all!

I live in an upstairs flat in an 8) old industrial town, Fancy a swap? My cats would love it there.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:56 am 
Sorry no swap but tell your cat that there is room in the barn and we willnot evict when we refurb;)

Do you feel trapped?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:17 pm 

herberts wrote:

Hello from Cape Breton Island Canada. A descendant of the highland Scots here.My Ancestors were Cleared out of the Highlands during the Clearances and were transported to Canada 1800 . I live on the same lands they settled in 1800 although we extended the original land grant over the years to an 800 acre parcel today. I am a omnivore that has raised animals for food. I hunt, trap, & fish with a goal of seeking humane kills in all those pursuits. I am a Christian pragmatist who recognizes God the Creator made us omnivore for a reason and I feel animals are to be used with a conscience towards animal welfare. My own brand of conscience towards animals would never have the Evil intent that a lot of AR proponents ascribe to folk like me. . I have no trouble with your veganism but will be quite willing to show you where some vegan leaders haven't been honest with the public about animal suffering.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:44 pm 

herberts wrote:
Sorry no swap but tell your cat that there is room in the barn and we willnot evict when we refurb;)

Do you feel trapped?

Trapped! I feel like a prisoner that has had his cell quartered.

Seriously though I'm sure there is enough room in that barn for me and four cats! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:18 pm 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

herberts wrote:

Hi Suzanne. Glad to see you here. Shall we say that there is a 'shortage' of vegans on this site!!!

Roger.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:22 pm 
I am sorry to spoil the look of the board by deleting my pictures, it had to be done for safety reasons.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:08 pm 

Safety reasons?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:01 am 

Well, this was sort of explained later, I think.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:46 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

Hello! Nice to meet you. Friendly greetings from Glastonbury.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:31 pm 

Well, better late then never.

Say; you ever wonder who the heck Herberts was afraid of, regarding hiding those photos? The police, maybe?

Just a theory, mind you...