EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:05 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

roadside wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
"homo rapiens"
?
Now who's calling who names?

roadside wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
BS! I am homo rapien too. This is not "calling names." This is labeling entire humankind including myself. Get it? Do you have a problem with the play with words? I've picked this term from a great writer and thinker.

Yes, I have a problem with it. Just like I have a problem with your attitude. Who the heck died and left you the lord and master?
If you want to go play with something, perhaps I have a much more enjoyable suggestion for you.

Ha Ha Ha Ha....

Talking about attitude and an unprovoked personal attack out of the blue!!!

No, I am not "lord and master," do not pretend to be or wish to be. As a matter of fact, I've never been a boss and even refuse to be a supervisor. On the contrary, all my life I have despised oppressors and have fought against lords, masters, speciesists and supremacists.

I read somewhere, I think it actually might have been your old signature, something that it was man's mouth that broke his nose. Unfortunately, this only happens because there are some who are usually intellectually impoverished so they feel that they have to use their fists and guns when challenged by words, reason and a free spirit and mind. As I have watched a film of an SS officer saying: Every time I hear a word culture mentioned, I reach for my revolver. All I can say, I'm glad I am not anywhere near you since I can easily picture you waving your "big gun."

It's interesting, while personally attacking me, you're saying nothing about GB calling me a "Jack Ass" just before you've harassed me for impersonally labeling entire human race homo rapiens.

Yes, indeed, you anti animal $$$$ can sure dish it out but you can't take it. Maybe it's very hard to give up supremacist's pedestals which some have been guarding for so long with their "big guns" ?

Now that I've wasted some more of valuable time defending myself against yet another unjust and unprovoked personal attacks, hopefully I can move on talking about hunting as terrorism.

QUESTION AUTHORITY - INVESTIGATE - EXPOSE

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 am 

Morning, Ante.

Let's see....

Ante; make any notes on how many hunters hereabouts have stood up for your turkey video? And thoughts therein?

Also; Ante; do you feel a human hunting is a act of terrorism?
Is a wolf litereally eating a new borne deer alive also a act of terrorism?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 am 

Tell ya what, Ante. You go play your silly little games wherever you want, and I'll simply keep on keeping on just as I have always done. You see, the difference between us is that I really could care less about you little crusade, and will continue to enjoy the things I enjoy regardless what you or any of your cronies say or do.

Will someone please pass me another cut of steak?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:11 pm 

Grizzly Bear wrote:
The title of your thread....Sounds like Idiocy!

From The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language:

terrorism: n. The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

From Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law:

terrorism: n. the unlawful use or threat of violence esp. against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion

Let's see. How does hunting fit these definitions of terrorism? It isn't unlawful. It isn't done against persons or property for the purpose of coercing government or society. It isn't politically motivated. Doesn't seem to fit very well does it? A word of advice Ante: If you intend to use a certain word, learn it's proper meaning before using it! Failure to do so can really make you look like a jackass.

Grizzly Bear wrote:
A word of advice Ante: If you intend to use a certain word, learn it's proper meaning before using it! Failure to do so can really make you look like a jackass.

Bravo! According to GB what I say makes me look like a "jackass." I know this was intended to be an insult but I am not offended at all. Only a blatant speciesist will use and be offended by this label. I grew up with donkeys. They are beautiful, peaceful and intelligent animals who have been enslaved and forced into hard labor by homo rapiens for thousands of years. Now, if GB said that I sound like GB, I would have been extremely insulted, indeed.

So let's see why have I been "complemented?"

Grizzly Bear wrote:
Let's see. How does hunting fit these definitions of terrorism? It isn't unlawful. It isn't done against persons or property for the purpose of coercing government or society. It isn't politically motivated. Doesn't seem to fit very well does it? A word of advice Ante: If you intend to use a certain word, learn it's proper meaning before using it! Failure to do so can really make you look like a jackass.

You must mean, how does hunting fit your two selectively suitable definitions of terrorism?

A 1988 study by the United States Army found that over 100 definitions of the word “terrorism” have been used. The concept of terrorism is itself controversial because it is often used by states to delegitimize political or foreign opponents, and potentially legitimize the state's own use of terror against them. (source)

If we are going to define terrorism using couple of speciesist dictionaries, let's at least start with something simple and impartial.

From Merriam-Webster Online:

Main Entry: ter·ror·ism: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

Terror: 1: a state of intense fear

Coercion: the act, process, or power of coercing

Coerce: to restrain or dominate by force

Sounds to me like hunting, doesn't it? I think the above definition for terrorism fits hunting really well.

Warning: animal abuse

Let's see now what does the father of modern linguistics, Noam Chomsky say about terrorism?

It is close to a historical universal that our terrorism against them is right and just (whoever we happen to be), while their terrorism against us is an outrage. As long as that practice is adopted, discussion of terrorism is not serious. - - Noam Chomsky (source)

And then there is this great essay by a professor who teaches at University of Texas, Ph.D in critical thinking but who GB calls pseudo-intellectual. Here is the link for you to read: Defining Terrorism.

In this essay Steven Best gives you 16 general definitions of terrorism from dictionaries and other sources and 9 different sources of state and political definitions of terrorism. He examines in detail the meaning of the word and talks about state and species terrorism.

ImageImage

Last edited by Ante Bozanich on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:53 pm 

I'd like to know if the rule about not showing dead animals has been lifted. If Ante can post videos like this, then I should be able to post the pictures of the animals I or my family have taken.

What's it going to be Ante? Are you going to leave up a post where dead animals are shown, which allows me and all the other hunters here to post similiar pictures. Or are you going to clean up your act and remove the offending post.

Why does it seem that it is always your side that has this problem.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:17 pm 

hunter88 wrote:

I'd like to know if the rule about not showing dead animals has been lifted. If Ante can post videos like this, then I should be able to post the pictures of the animals I or my family have taken.

What's it going to be Ante? Are you going to leave up a post where dead animals are shown, which allows me and all the other hunters here to post similiar pictures. Or are you going to clean up your act and remove the offending post.

Why does it seem that it is always your side that has this problem.

No dead animals are clearly shown. I have posted a video and the WARNING of animal abuse right bellow it. The image captured as a still is very blurry and it's not clear what is going on there. If you wish to be your usual trouble maker you can take this issue with Josh and I'll do what Josh asks me to do.

Why is it always that your side constantly harasses couple of us pro animal people here?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:22 pm 

Interesting the propaganda shows dead deer, while talking about crippled and wounded deer. Why didn't they display all these crippled and wounded deer? Surely, doing so would have had a greater emotional impact(Which, of course, is what was desired; not a actual look at both sides of the discussion. Propaganda is like that, you know)

Ante; do you believe that when a human hunts and kills a deer, it's a act of terror?
If a wolf hunts and tears the insides of a living preganant deer, is it also a act of terror?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:29 pm 

Quote:
sevendogs wrote:
Hunting is good for wild populations. When some animals are removed, new born animals have more space and food to be happy.
I

There is attrition of all and any animals. Natural death leaves room for our own off-spring. We have a need to "manage" wildlife because we haven't managed our own population well. The numbers of humans being born exceeds the numbers dieing. We don't remove humans so as to have more room for our babies.

Quote:
t is OK as long as the species is not threatened. Under conditions of overpopulation and shortage of wild predators, hunting becomes vital for the very survival of herbivores.

There is a shortage of wild predators because there are too many humans.

Quote:
We have certain herbivorous species and even some predators, which benefit from lndscapes created by people and they even gravitate to new habitats created by people.

And then, like garbage bears, we shoot them because they are too close to humans.

Quote:
Hunting helps to restore some balance and it provides a thrilling sport for many.

I will never, never, never understand how hunting can be perceived as a "thrilling sport". But who can account for personal taste? I guess tieing domestic turkeys to tires and shooting them is also a thrilling sport for some while others prefer dog-fighting.

Quote:
Urbanites, eating meats wrapped in plastic, forget where their food is coming from.

Urbanites probably just don't want to know where their meat is coming from. The knowledge would ruin their meal.

Quote:
Vegetarianism is not an answer. You need a digestive system of a cow, or elephant to become a herbivore.

Vegetarianism is not THE answer because THE answer doesn't exist, but it is 'an' answer as it goes a long way towards harm reduction. As for needing the digestive system of a cow - well, that just isn't true.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 pm 

Animal friendly; do you consider hunting by humans to be a act of terrorism?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:39 pm 

Quote:
Ante; do you believe that when a human hunts and kills a deer, it's a act of terror?
If a wolf hunts and tears the insides of a living preganant deer, is it also a act of terror?
[/quote]

Your question is funny Iowa. When a human hunts a deer compared to a wolf who doesn't hunt but "tears" the inside of - not just any old deer - but a "livng, pregnant" deer. I know you weren't intending to be funny, but you got me laughing!

Roger already told you he was astonished at your line of questioning. Did you get that and do you understand why he said that? It's because your question indicates that you are not paying attention.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:52 pm 

You're not answering the question, Animal-friendly. I'm asking you this time.
Do you believe humans hunting is a act of terrorism?
Is a wolf eating a preganant deer alive a act of terrorism?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:13 pm 

The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to the other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot. -- Mark Twain

Since no individual, group, or government wants to accept the negative consequences of the term, “terrorism” is always what someone else does. -- Steven Best

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:19 pm 

Of course, Ante, Best's quote works perfectly. Some ARA's won't accept the terrorist label, so they insist hunters are.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:21 pm 

What do you think, Animal-friendly?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:32 pm 

Iowanic wrote:
Of course, Ante, Best's quote works perfectly. Some ARA's won't accept the terrorist label, so they insist hunters are.

You should read the article and try hard to understand it before jumping in and making another foolish comment.

It is always two way street, but we should do the dead body count at least if we can't assess
all the terror victims are put through. As far as body count... I think it would be something like zero vs billions.

Last edited by Ante Bozanich on Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next