[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - Hunting... Sounds like Terrorism!

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:16 am 
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:58 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Last edited by Ante Bozanich on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:52 am 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:59 am 

Last edited by Ante Bozanich on Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:19 pm 

Ante, just what terrorist act do you feel has been done by hunting.

Is it the killing of the animal?

Is it the stalking of the animal?

I always thought terrorism was the act of making someone fearful for their life or the life of others. But we all know animals do not comprehend fear, so how can there be terrorism when it comes to animals.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:01 pm 

Well, animals do react in a manner that seems to indacate fear: a deer may very well be afraid of a deer-hunter.

The point to my question regarding the hunter/terror viewpoint was if a deer fears dying from a human deer-hunter, would the animal not also fear being killed by another animal, such as a wolf?
But to some, the wolf gets a waiver regarding it's terror-production ability.

Indeed, a deer shot thru the brain may feel nothing....not even terror. A wolf chewing it's way thru a pregnant doe's guts may produce pain to a degree I certainly hope to never face.

So: what, exactly, is Ante upset about? Surely, it can't be pain in itself; he's seems to be willing to allow a wolf to rip a doe and her unborne fawn to bits, a process that might take minutes. Fear? The doe, near as I can tell, is suffering every bit as much fear from the wolf as from a human. Indeed; in a brain-shot, the deer might feel no fear at all.

Tell us, Ante. If the wolves have it right and human hunters wrong; tell us what you think hunters can do to be more like the non-terrorist wolves. I figure, if we can learn to follow the same princples wolves use in the hunt, it should be ok for the ecology.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:08 pm 

Now, now, little one. I didn't say you called anyone any names. If anything, you simply implied what you think they are. And, after all, you couldn't have meant what you printed clearly indicated, could you?

By the way, I happen to have a very good attorney, too. We might want them to meet some time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:06 am 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:18 am 

Howdy, Animal-friendly.

What's your thoughts on this hunters= terrorist thing?

Or did you give your view earier in this thread? 8-[ It did grow once it got started...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:30 am 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:47 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:16 pm 

Last edited by Ante Bozanich on Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:18 pm 

Nice suggestion, but who are you to make it of me? Is this a common response to those who ask questions of you for point clarification?

This is just a thought, but it would seem to me that you may be more successful at getting people to change were you to take an approach of trying to teach them in lieu of calling them names, accusing them of wrongs yet to be determined wrongs, and other stunts that pretty much cause others to hate you and what you stand for. Now, don't take this to heart because it's not meant offensively. There's an old saying that goes something like "you can catch a lot more flies using honey than vinegar". I may be wrong on that one, but I think you get the idea.

Basically it comes down to this. Obviously I'm not interested in changing my habits especially where it comes to feeding myself and my family. However, I haven't a completely closed mind in that I'm willing to listen to the opinions and teaching of others insofar as they are presented in a reasonable manner. A reasonable manner does not include having some ideal shoved down my throat, and that's what i think you are trying to do just by the way you word your responses.

Just think about it, Ante; maybe a little different approach may find your topic structure a littl emore favorable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:53 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next