[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - New Subgenre - Environmental Thrillers

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:39 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

The point had to do with how informed an opinion is, not what it is. It stands to reason that one's opinion of a literary work they have read would be more highly regarded than that of someone who has not read it...at least, by those who are generally reasonable.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:54 am 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:47 am 

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:02 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:59 pm 

Fos, It is refreshing to see you so agreeable today :D

On that note you should also agree that purposely misleading, mis-stating, selectively quoting and goal post moving calls into question the credibility and motives of the one doing it.....despite having read the book. Now we could go with the other scenario, and say Josh did not read the quote in it's entirety but that would again damage the credibility of his review of the book and his position on the opinions of others....since it would be noted that he clearly doesn't read everything himself, but still tries to claim a superior position, on the basis of "reading" something.

Sometimes one is their own worst enemy. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:36 pm 
New User
New User

As the author of Green Power, I have to jump into this discussion and add a few comments. First, I haven't received any negative reviews from those who have read my book. Secound, for characterization, I sterotyped my antagonist as a bad Viet Nam officer. Within the last week, the officer who lead the My Lai massacre, apologized for what he did in Viet Nam. Anyway I am attaching positive reviews which appeared on amazon.com from readers of my book.

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!!!, November 22, 2007
By S. C. Z. (Northern California)

This book Green Power is truly an exciting page-turner from beginning to end. The Author captured my thoughts and attention, through his brilliant characters, plots and sub plots. He took me from the picket line to open farmland, under the microscope and in a firestorm of bullets. The plot was a web-spinning masterpiece with lots of unexpected twists and turns, love and loss. The Authors intimate knowledge of microscopic bacteria and the medical and technical study of them comes through clearly in the saga played out by his main character, Dr. Ray Pendleton. This author ranks highly with some of the best medical thriller authors that I have read. I give this book a five star. Excellent!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read!, March 8, 2008
By D. Corbett "bookworm" (Grass Valley, CA United States)

I very much enjoyed reading this book. It had a lot of good, scientific information written in a way that was easy to understand and follow. The plot was engaging and kept me wanting to find out what would happen next! If you like contemporary topics with a bit of intrigue, you will enjoy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars CSI Lover's book, February 25, 2008
By Gift Card Recipient "Tom Tauler" (Sonoma, CA) -

In this devilishly absorbing novel, a renowned microbiologist, Dr. Ray Pendleton, is one of the most admirable presences in a medical thriller today. From protests to methane digesters, from Delta Valley militiamen and the incredibly sinister Dirk Hendrickson, to Lodi dairies and a Van Halen concert, and back again.....this is a page-burner, and worthy of five stars.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:05 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:14 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:31 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:33 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:46 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:55 pm 

And BTW...I did catch the goal post move you made from "there was no stereotyping" to why Johnny would be disgusted by the stereotyping. Nice try. [-X

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:16 pm 

And before you go off in another direction that has no bearing what so ever....you may want to note that Johnny's concerns were already sufficiently addressed by Charles before Josh decided to start selectively quoting misleading and mis-stating parts of the discussion to go after Johnny. Looked to me as if it ended quite amicably with Johnny saying he would read it when he finds one cheaper.

So other than supporting Josh, as I said earlier, and which was not a good position to take, you really have no point in, to, or about anything that was "actually" said.

Now would you like to stick with the "I have no point" and I'm just translating" story??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:26 pm 

It's not a story. It's what I'm genuinely attempting to do by granting the benefit of a doubt that no one's going after anyone, no one is misrepresenting, misquoting, or what-have-you. If you prefer the opposite approach, I honestly don't give a rat's ass. As for championing uninformed opinions, better you than me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:09 pm 
New User
New User

The main reason I wrote my novel, Green Power, is to address environmental issues. My plot revolves around my main character setting up methane digesters as an alternate source of energy for dairies. He is against the use of nuclear energy and since he lost his father in an explosion at an oil refinery he is for alternate fuels. Does anyone want to discuss my environmental thriller in regards to nuclear power plants and the use of fossil fuels?